• Hyronymus

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Please vote for the citizens you feel would be capable Designated Players for this term.

THIS IS A MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL!
You are encouraged to vote for ALL candidates that you feel will be a capable Designated Player!

Candidates:
  • dutchfire
  • Methos
  • Ravensfire
  • GeorgeOP
  • Chieftess
  • Falcon02
  • DaveShack
  • CivGeneral
  • Shattered
  • Hyronymus

All candidates receiving a vote from more than 60% of the citizens that vote in the poll will be included in the Designated Player pool for Term 1.

Poll options:
-- Private
-- 3 days duration
-- Multiple choice

Why should you consider CivGeneral to be an excellent choice for the Designated Player Pool?​

1. I can able to multi-task between Civ4, The forum itself, and a word program such as MS Word (for logs and reports). All while running Civilization 4 in windowed mode
  2. I have a general feel for playing the game. Even though I have been away for a while from the Demogame. I know the ins and outs of what goes on with on being a Designated Player.
  3. I am able to provide screenshots and other information tidbits for non-Windows OS citizens.
  4. Most importantly, I am running with a fresh start in a fresh new game :)

why have u put an abstain option

"yes i will vote for all of them but i might as well abstain as well"

why have u put an abstain option

"yes i will vote for all of them but i might as well abstain as well"

It's required so that us old folks don't blow a fuse. :D

All polls need "Abstain", even multi-choice ones. It's been semi-traditional throughout the demogame. Abstain even won a position, once, too!

cool, i bet that must of been fun, it would be like that futurama when they declare war on the neutrals

Geez, I didn't think I would have to campaign for DPing. When was the last time someone was not elected to the pool?

A couple of people. DP'ing shouldn't really be a position that you have to campaign for. It was originally designed, atleast I think, for more people to have a chance at playing the save. If it turns into a competition, we might as well move back to the old Chain of Command then, or atleast have term limits for the DP.

Interesting voting pattern this time. It's been long enough since there was real activity in the last game that it's somewhat of a mystery what people would base withholding their votes on.

The 4th place and after folks have a weird kind of advantage, since there is more to do later in the game.

I voted for everyone, including abstain, but DaveShack. He was tied with me for most votes, and I'd like to win this election :p So no offence Dave.

I voted for everyone, including abstain, but DaveShack. He was tied with me for most votes, and I'd like to win this election :p So no offence Dave.

There's no one "winner" in this election. It's everyone who has 50% or more of the vote.

There's no one "winner" in this election. It's everyone who has 50% or more of the vote.

Don't we play in order of most votes first? Or was that last game? :crazyeye:

edit:
Each candidate that receives a vote from more than 60% of the citizens that vote in the poll will be accepted as a DP for that term. The Election Office will put together a list of the Designated Players, ordered by the number of votes in support for that term. In the event of a tie, the order of posting in the nomination thread will be used. All DPs that actually ran a game session in the previous term will be put below those that did not, regardless of the number of votes. This list will determine the order that the DPs will be used for game sessions. If there are more game sessions than DPs, start again from the top of the list.

Thanks, I don't want to create the game. :cool:

Thanks, I don't want to create the game. :cool:

:rotfl:

(for all of the new members, whenever Daveshack starts a demogame, he tends to forget a setting, or choose the wrong map size. We actually played 10-20 turns of a game before realizing it was too small when I decided to zoom out).

So I wonder - who's abstaining in this multiple-choice poll? Right now, dutchfire has 29 votes - the most of any candidate. 6 people have voted abstain. There have been 32 total voters. Someone people out there, then, have been voting both for certain candidates and abstaining from the poll at the same time. :crazyeye:

We might need to rework the explanation of how the voting works...

So I wonder - who's abstaining in this multiple-choice poll? Right now, dutchfire has 29 votes - the most of any candidate. 6 people have voted abstain. There have been 32 total voters. Someone people out there, then, have been voting both for certain candidates and abstaining from the poll at the same time. :crazyeye:

And I think people are only voting for one person, too. That's why I don't really like this type of poll. Maybe we should split out the polls, like X individual DP Pool polls.

Some people just like to check as many boxes as possible :D
I agree with Chieftess though, it wouldn't be fair if people didn't make the 60% because some people didn't vote correctly. (If that was the case)

From the unedited initial post:

THIS IS A MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL!
You are encouraged to vote for ALL candidates that you feel will be a capable Designated Player!

I think someone would have to be voting without ever reading the thread to miss this.

I voted for all but one. The one I withheld my vote from is a veteran player other than CivGeneral. I won't comment further on who or why, nor on why I mention that I voted for CG. :)

All candidates receiving a vote from more than 60% of the citizens that vote in the poll will be included in the Designated Player pool for Term 1.

4 candidates need 1 more vote, 1 (Hyronymus) needs 9 more (I fear he's not going to make it). Isn't 60% a bit though?

It is a bit tougher than it used to be, but consider that we're talking about the person that is playing the save. Most DP's will do quite well, and will easily get the needed support. We've got some newer players that people just don't know enough about that are struggling. Given the active participation that Hyronymus has shown, I am disappointed in the citizens response. I'm quite confident that next term he will have no problem if he keeps his posting up.

I will give just about any first time person the benefit of the doubt. Someone had to give me a chance, why shouldn't I return the favor? There are a few people that I did not vote for due to past performance. DP's are there to follow legal instructions, even if they don't agree with them. Some on this list have had issues with that. They won't get my vote until I'm confident they've changed.

So if you haven't voted, I strongly urge you to give someone new a chance!

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom