Term 1 - Nominations for Associate Justice

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
All members of the judiciary share several traditional rights and responsibilities:

Post polls and discussion on interpretations of the Constitution, Code of Laws, and Code of Standards.
Do not have Deputies but may appoint Pro-Tem officials (Pro-Tem Justice, Pro-Tem Defendant and Pro-Tem Advocate) if they are unable to fulfill their duties. Pro-Tem officials have all of the rights and responsibilities of the officials they are filling in for but are a temporary position and must surrender their pro-tem status upon the request of the official.
Participate in Judicial Review to determine the legality of proposed amendments, laws and standards.
Initiate and participate in Judicial Review to interpret and clarify existing amendments, laws and standards.
Initiate and participate in Judicial Review to dismiss investigations as having "No Merit".
Post Legislative polls that have passed Judicial Review.

The following duties are assigned to the Associate Justice:

Is tasked with ensuring all public investigations are performed correctly with deference to the presumed innocence of the accused.
Will ensure that the accused understands the charges against them and what rules were purportedly broken so the accused can mount a valid defense.
Will perform as defender, if so wished by the accused.

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

Yours,
The Election Office

I nominate CivGeneral, cause he'll cry if he doesn't get a placement :mischief:

Curious - why do we have nominations for a position that doesn't exist?

-- Ravensfire

Curious - why do we have nominations for a position that doesn't exist?

-- Ravensfire

If it does exist, I throw my hat in.

Your hat will be thrown in the Associate Justices Possition.

All nominations here will be automadicly transfered to the Associate Justices possition

I would also like to throw my hat into the ring and run for Associate Justice.

I hear the bench calling my name yet again...I'll nominate myself and accept.

The Public Defender and Judge Advocate nomination threads have been merged and renamed. Debates will officially open in this thread later today.

Because no one seems to want to read the legislative threads, these nomination threads are still messed up. If the current legislation passes and a person can only run in one election per Branch (Judicial as an example) then the people who don't win in the Chief Justice election are out of luck in the Judiciary.

I may be breaking the rules here, but I'll throw my hat in as Associate Justice, just in case.

Boots,

There is actually a more significant question, one that you have raised in the Election office.

Under the currently proposed election procedures, there is one, and only one, poll for the Judiciary. The top candidate is the Chief Justice, second and third are the Associate Justices. We don't have a split election - it's just one race.

Assuming that process passes, we should merge the CJ and AJ threads.

With regards to Cyc's point here, I would suggest (and support should I be elected) that, due to the chaos of the first term, holidays, etc, that a waiver be granted to all.

Prior to the start of the term 2 election cycle, the Chief Justice should review with the Election Office the requirement and limitations for the elections. Both sides should come to a clear understanding of what threads will be posted, and when.

-- Ravensfire

Actually, I haven't been PI'd yet in any of the DG's, so it might be fun. :D

I nominate myself.

I second both Peri and zorven. I ask all citizens to review the actions of both in the archives of Demogame 3. Peri provided the sole voice of reason and stability in an uncertain time. While others provided insight and advice, it was the actions of Peri that helped Fanatica get through a troublesome time.

Although zorven was not on the bench at that point in time, his subsequent terms on the Judiciary, including as Chief Justice and Public Defender, are models of how the Judiciary should conduct itself.

-- Ravensfire

Top Bottom