Term 2 - Eastern Province of Japanatica

invy

Prince
Welcome to Edo, Eastern Province of Japanatica Empire!

Governor: Invy
Deputy: Epimethius

Name of province: Edo
Capital of Province: Odawara

Eastern Province in 310 AD:

Status of provincial cities:

Odawara (Capital)

Mayor: Epimethius
Founded: 1325 BC
Population: 8 (food surplus +0 / zero growth)
Citizens: 3 :) 3 :| 2 :(
Shields: 8/13
Commerce: 7/12
Improvements: Temple, Library, Barracks
Culture: 164 / 7 per turn / expand in 120 turns
Garrison: 2 Spearman, 1 Swordsman
Building queue: Pikeman (1 turn)

En'Gha

Mayor:
Founded: 570 BC
Population: 7 (food surplus +3 / growth in 1)
Citizens: 3 :) 1 :| 3 :(
Shields: 9/11
Commerce: 11/14
Improvements: Temple, Walls, Library, Barracks
Culture: 83 / 5 per turn / expand in 4 turns
Garisson: 1 Spearman
Building queue: Pikeman (1 turn)

Shorin-Ryu:
Mayor:
Founded: 1150 BC
Population: 8 (food surplus +2 / growth in 18)
Citizens: 3 :) 3 :| 2 :(
Shields: 11/14
Commerce: 12/15
Improvements: Barracks, Temple, Library
Culture: 198 / 7 per turn / expand in 115 turns
Garisson: 2 Spearman, 1 Swordsman
Building queue: Swordsman (3 turns)

Corrino:

Mayor:
Founded: 925 BC
Population: 4 (food surplus +2 / growth in 8)
Citizens: 3 :) 1 :|
Shields: 5/7
Commerce: 10/14
Improvements: Temple, Library, Barracks
Culture: 84 / 5 per turn / expand in 4 turns
Garisson: 1 Spearman, 1 Swordsman
Building queue: Swordsman (6 turns)

I'd like to be deputy gov. for this province!

JackA said:
I'd like to be deputy gov. for this province!
you can only be deputy for 1 thing, u have already applied for deputy of the north province

I'll apply to be deputy.

Yay, I'm mayor of the capital.

Oh, and should you post a single instruction you'll see me in court. :p

Lord (Governor) Invy: Congrats on your appointment. When we go to war with Rome (whenever we do), your province will be on the front, and your province will absorb most of the Roman Empire. I would keep that in mind, when you are creating your queues. ;)

Epimethius said:
I'll apply to be deputy.

Yay, I'm mayor of the capital.

Oh, and should you post a single instruction you'll see me in court. :p
this reminds of another appointed person posting instructions(and this office isnt even in te constitution :eek: )
also epi i would like to point out, that they can post instructions even while your confirmation poll is running

My office does purely organizational work, and superficial organization at that. I'm forbidden from doing anything by my own power that in any way effects the game. These governors, on the other hand, are going to set build queues. And though, having looked over it, it appears to be perfectly legal, I do not in any way, shape, or form like this appointment idea, and I intend to present an amendment to the constitution removing it and an adition to the CoL outlining a procedure for this kind of thing in the future. So I've actually decided against contesting these appointments that way, or bringing it to court, because neither would actually accomplish anything.

And I'll be running for governor next term, too.

And I would seriously recommend that Rome be made into its own province, to keep them even. ;)

Odawara: Spearman (3) -> Spearman (3) -> Spearman (3) -> Courthouse (10)
En'Gha/R'yleh: Library (7) -> Barracks (4)
Shorin-Ryu: Swordsman (1) -> Swordsman (3) -> Horseman (3) -> Horseman (3)
Corrino: Library (4) -> Barracks (4) -> Spearman (4)

Explanation: You will first notice a number of Spearman. All cities in the province are large (except Corrino) and doesn't have enough garisson. Currently, as MP we use Swordsman, Horseman and Warriors which will leave the cities soon. Therefore we need to prepare and solve unhapiness before it becomes real problem.

Odawara: Will grow in 7 and become unhappy. Next 2 Spearman
will be used as garisson. Third Spearman is to be sent to En'Gha/R'yleh to garisson there.

En'Gha/R'yleh: Doesn't have Barracks yet. Needs to solve unhapiness, 3rd (or 2nd if needed) Spearman from Odawara will be used as MP.

Corrino: I'm going to make sure this city grows faster and be
prepared for a war. Therefore Barracks and Spearman for garisson.

Shorin-Ryu: I prefer Swordsman over Horseman because we will spend gold on embassies and rushing. We already have 2 Horseman which will cost 160 gold to upgrade and a number of Spearman (20 gold per each).

Workers

3 workers near Shorin-Ryu to mine and road hills Shorin-Ryu is using. Then irrigate plain north of Shorin-Ryu.
Effect: +4shields, +2 commerce in Shorin-Ryu

1 worker south of Shorin-Ryu (currently mining desert) to be immediately moved to irrigate tile SE of Shorin-Ryu. That tile should be used by Corrino to increase its growth rate. Then clear the forest 2 tiles south of Shorin-Ryu.
Effect: +2 food, +1 commerce for Corrino and space for its growth.

3 worker mining desert near Odawara to be immediately moved to roaded hill near En'Gha/R'yleh. Mine and road 3 hills En'Gha/Ry'leh is currently using.
Effect: +6 shields, +2 commerce in En'Gha/R'yleh.

This is subject to change untill next turnchat. Discuss what would you like to change. Especially about working tiles around Odawara, i gave priority to Eng'ha/R'yleh because it has very low shield output.

Now I'm not sure who to appoint to deputy position. I will wait little longer to see will Northern province governor appoint JackA as a deputy. Then I would appoint Epi so both of you are happy.

Also, as almost 24 hours passed and noone complained i will name this province Edo.

You should mix horses into your queue. Swords do not upgrade. Horses do. Building a couple of swords is good (Same with spears), but horses are the future.

Thanks for suggestion. I also think the Horseman are future but I am afraid we will have some buget problems to upgrade them all.
I checked Shorin-Ryu again and noticed that mine will be finished next turn. That means Swordsman (or Horseman) will be built in 3 turns, not 4 as i said earlier. The building qeue was edited, we will get 2 Swordsman and 2 Horseman in next turnchat.

Since JackA has been appointed as a deputy of Northern province, I'm appointing Epimethius as a deputy of Edo province. Welcome Epimethius! :)

Governor invy, I'm not sure if the expression is beating a dead horse or kicking a dead horse, but I'm not trying to do either here. I just thought you deserved a good example of what I was talking about prior to yesterday's T/C. The pic below is from the latest save. Prior to the T/C you had seven Workers in Edo Province, Zojoji had 6 Workers mining the Iron (finally). Now you have 6? Workers working in Shorin-Ryu and Zojoji has none. We were talking about cutting down the Forest between the two cities, but we let it go because you said Shorin-Ryu needed the two shield tile. You said mining the hills, in order to get those two shield tiles was a priority, and once that was done, you would give up the middle Forest tile so Zojoji could get some irrigation. Well, take a look at the pic below and tell me how many of your Workers are mining the Hills. Ok, now tell me how many are mining the Desert. See what I mean. Words are useless. It's all BS.

I wanted to post about to in the president thread. I don't understand why 3 workers are not mining second hill. Instructions were clear - MINE HILLS. I also told to STOP IMMEDIATELY mining deserts but i see that desert was mined despite instructions. I don't know why Chieftess is doing that. Mined desert is 0-2-1 and mined hill is 1-3-1.
There are 5 workers near Shorin-Ryu. There should be 4, only 1 is in place (on plains, to irrigate tile for Corrino city)and 3 are on desert :/??? and 5th is Immo worker. I thought Governor Zarn will use that Worker in Zarnia, I don't know what is he doing in Edo. We DON'T NEED to mine deserts yet.

It seems like President ignored the instructions, didn't see it in a mess or maybe she decided those 3 Shorin-Ryu workers are needed somewhere else. I am not sure is President obliged to follow instructions but CT obviously intended something different that wasn't planned in instructions.

I also wrote in instructions to switch laborer in Odawara from desert to plain tile and it wasn't done. Seems like our dear President likes deserts :/.

I'll send parts of this post to presidential thread and inform President about plan to mine hills so we can free the forest tile. Zojoji will have lower shield output than Shorin-Ryu because it has number of sea tiles and will need that forest soon. I prefer our Wonder city have more shields.
Now I'm going to President :).

Odawara: Barracks (3) -> Spearman (3) -> Spearman (3) -> Swordsman (4)
Corrino: Library (1) -> Barracks (4) -> Swordsman (5)*could be in 4
Shorin-Ryu: Swordsman (1) -> Swordsman (3) -> Swordsman (3) -> Swordsman (3)
En'Gha: Library (4) -> Barracks (4) -Swordsman (6)*could be in 5

Summary:
Swordsman: 7 (probably 5 this TC)
Spearman:2
Libraries: 2
Barracks completed in every city
-------
Worker allocations

Group of 3 Workers near Shorin-Ryu first to road desert they are on. Then send them to mine hills Shorin-Ryu is using.

Worker on plain tile to irrigate and road plains. Than clear 2 forest 2 tiles south of Shorin-Ryu.

Send worker that mines desert near Shorin-Ryu to help Worker on the plains.

Group near En'Gha to continue mining hills En'Gha is using.

**Please follow the instruction as precise as possible.
-----
Laborer allocations

Corrino: Switch laborer from gold hill to plain tile when its irrigated.

See that spear by the town? Do you really want to risk our workers? I had to move a lot of workers around the past few turns because of those units.

CT, didn't you immediately stop the chat when Babylon declared war? I see no Roman troops. Hmmm.

It's always a conspiracy, huh? There were more BABYLONIAN troops, not Roman. I never mentioned Roman troops.

OK. I've posted suggestions in military thread to attack those units so we can safely work in our borders.

Top Bottom