Term 2 - Province of Bohemia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, I've posted a map showing proposed Provincial city sites and possible roads. City site #1, when expanded will take in the gold and the spice. It will also extend our Nation to the SE. City site #2 will take in two furs without expanding. It will take some time to get a road out to the city and the city will have slow growth. City site #3 is basically a fill in city for our borders to the SW. This is not a crucial placement, but will secure the area, and keep the Japenese out. There will be a discussion thread posted in the Citizen sub-forum if you would like to make a comment on these sites.

This is the Link to the DISCUSSION THREAD.

Before I list the proposde build queues, I would like to apologize to eyrei. He was correct in his assessment of the growth factor of Kuhkaff and I never got back to him.

These are the proposed build queues for Bohemia. They are as always subject to change. There will be a discussion thread posted out in the Citizens sub-forum. If you have questions or comments, please post them there.

Bavaria - Sword (c), Spear, Spear, Sword
Valhalla - Settler (c), Spear, Settler, Spear
Morgana - Sword (c), Spear, Spear, Sword
Kuhkaff - Spear (c), Settler, Spear, Settler
Tlaxcala - Worker (c), Barracks, Archer
Bremershaven - Barracks (c), Temple
Tenochtitlan - Temple

Workers can be handled by the DP.

This is the link to the DISCUSSION THREAD.

Bavaria - Switch from plain wood tile in south to roaded wood tile in south east (1 more gold). After 2 turns switch from one wood tile to the lake. After another turn switch from last wood tile to roaded grassland. After one more turn (swordsman is built) switch back to the two roaded wood tiles.

Valhalla - Growth in 2 turns. New tile worked should be bonus grassland to west (worker unit is there right now).

Morgana - No changes.

Kuhkaff - Growth in 6 turns. New tile worked should be roaded bonus grass to northeast.

Tlaxcala - When intruding archer to south is displaced, use the cow tile.

Bremershaven - Growth in 9. New tile worked should be forrested game.

Tenochtitlan - Remove worker from plains and put on floodplain to southwest. The 1 production from plains is lost to corruption so this gives 1 more food per turn. Growth will then be in 6. New pop will likely have to be an entertainer. If not, work another floodplain.

Thank you for the Tile Analysis, Shaitan.

Cyc, I am new to the talks here, so pardon me while I jump right in. I truly believe that City Site #1 should be pursued without delay. The Americans have already settled on the far side of mountains we can't yet presume to be ours. We cannot allow them to encroach upon us any more. We also have a similar situation with our neighbors to the southwest, the Japanese. Although we have the Gem Mountains to protect our property interests just north of there, we should at least send a sentry(warrior?) to patrol the area just to make sure they don't get crafty.
In summary, we must begin to define what borders we can attain without incident as well as those we claim from war.

Thank you, Donovan Zoi. Always feel free to express your opinion here, or in any of my threads. I totally agree with you on stie #1. Not only will we claim the gold in the mountains and further extend our small nation further SE (as the citizens wanted), but we will also stop the yanks from claiming more of our territory. BTW, Site #1 is option "H" in the city placement poll.

I would also like to see us snag the Diamonds in the Western Mountains, but they are a lower priority for me. The Site #3 location (option J in the poll) was an attempt at keeping the Japanese away. I would hate to see them move right in, close to us. Hopefully, they will be our next victim, I mean target. That way we will have no problem claiming what we want.

The Governor would like to make an announcement:

Fellow Bohemians, I have been trying to get into the Chat Room now for more than an hour. First I couldn't get in to CFC, then I couldn't check my PM's, then I couldn't post a reply. I still can't use the Java to get into the Chat Room, and I will not be downloading a chat program. Looks like CFC's reconfiguration didn't do a damned thing.

Originally posted by Cyc
The Governor would like to make an announcement:

Fellow Bohemians, I have been trying to get into the Chat Room now for more than an hour. First I couldn't get in to CFC, then I couldn't check my PM's, then I couldn't post a reply. I still can't use the Java to get into the Chat Room, and I will not be downloading a chat program. Looks like CFC's reconfiguration didn't do a damned thing.

The turn chat was cancelled anyway because both city placement polls failed to affirm the next spot.:cry:

Does anyone else feel that we may want to modify the Tlaxcala queue to move the temple in front of the barracks?

Bill :) , yer a day late expressing your opinion. :goodjob: I've already discussed this with Donsig. The spice is about to be hooked up to Tlaxcala. This will solve our hapiness problems. We need a barracks to produce Swords if bad goes to worse. a Temple can be put off until a military unit or two are built. If you go for the long haul of building the Temple, you can't (shouldn't) interupt it for a unit. But hey, I'm outta here anyway (as Governor), if you people want a Temple it's no sweat.

Octavian X, I remember when you were the Governor of a certain province, and where worried, along with a lot of other citizens that this one border city needed a University or it would flip culturally. You people were pretty worried then, too. But did it flip? And what was I telling you at the time? Haven't we just taken the Capital? Yes. Even if spend all that time building a Temple, it may still go into unhapiness. We're in the lowest form of Government. Send in the troops.

Anyway, like I said, you can have your Temple.

As my last act as Governor of Bohemia, I will post the proposed build queues for the next t/c. They are basically the same ones as for the last t/c, but popular demand has brought the Temple in Tlaxcala forward, to be constructed before the Barracks. So, here ya go:

Instructions from the Governor's Office
As of now, the build queues are as follows:

Bavaria - Sword (c), Spear, Spear, Sword
Valhalla - Settler (c), Spear, Settler, Spear
Morgana - Sword (c), Spear, Spear, Sword
Kuhkaff - Spear (c), Settler, Spear, Settler
Tlaxcala - Worker (c), Temple, Barracks,
Bremershaven - Barracks (c), Temple
Tenochtitlan - Temple

Workers can be handled by the DP.

Tile analysis
Bavaria - Switch from plain wood tile in south to roaded wood tile in south east (1 more gold). After 2 turns switch from one wood tile to the lake. After another turn switch from last wood tile to roaded grassland. After one more turn (swordsman is built) switch back to the two roaded wood tiles.

Valhalla - Growth in 2 turns. New tile worked should be bonus grassland to west (worker unit is there right now).

Morgana - No changes.

Kuhkaff - Growth in 6 turns. New tile worked should be roaded bonus grass to northeast.

Tlaxcala - When intruding archer to south is displaced, use the cow tile.

Bremershaven - Growth in 9. New tile worked should be forrested game.

Tenochtitlan - Remove worker from plains and put on floodplain to southwest. The 1 production from plains is lost to corruption so this gives 1 more food per turn. Growth will then be in 6. New pop will likely have to be an entertainer. If not, work another floodplain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom