Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
Please vote for the following Canidates: Krabius, Ravensfire, Abstain. Poll will close on Feb 29th GMT.

Yours,
The Election Office Staff

Why thanks for the reminder Octavian!

I'm Ravensfire, and I'm running for the office of Minister of Internal Affairs. In part because this most important office needs to be a contested election, but mostly because I felt I could follow the tremendous example set by DaveShack during the first few terms.

I've got a couple of objectives for this term.

First, to organize and redirect the city placement. We've got a few cities in bad spots - Mure especially. Other cities are in marginal sites that didn't need to be settled yet while we still have prime land available. We've got tremendous opportunities in Audiac that need to be settled soon and turned into great worker factories.

We've got a new province to create as well - that will be started within my first week in office. That province will match Audiac in potential, but we need to get there soon.

In the South-east, we will go no farther than a few tiles south of Groton. If we have the spare settlers, a link to Mure makes some sense - but I'm prepared to write that city off for now. We've also got to keep an eye on Russia - Moscow is far north in their empire, and is fairly close to us. That means flip risk - culture is important.

With provincial borders, my plan is to manage as few cities as possible directly - that what Governors are for. I would like to see all of our cities in provinces by the end of my term.

My wonders for this term are simple. We need to look for an FP site, and get that started soon. Also, based the general preference, Sun Tzu's is a viable option for us to look at, but most critical is the Sistine Chapel.

Thanks, and I hope you vote for me.
-- Ravensfire

ravensfire, I wish you luck.

-------------------------------------
I understand that being a Minister of Internal Affairs is tough but I belive and know that i can do it!

I will send 2-3 settlers on the new territories after we trade out the WM from Greeks or Egyptians. This may give us some recourses and good positions on the second continent. Of course a new province will be created there. After this we will settle the desert, these territories are safe for the near future, Babylonians have enough of closer land to occupy.
On the second plan there is also an idea to settle the peninsula - north from Indian City Karachi. There could be another new province. This territories have its good potential but Indians and Babylonians may beat us to it.

The priority of building wonders will be: Sun Tzu's Art of War, Leonardo's Workshop and Sistine Chapel.

Same as ravensfire I will rely on Governors but will gladly discuss city managing questions with them. We will try to work as a team, searching for the best dissisions.

If I will be elected Minister of Internal Affairs I will use this strategy. It will take some time, so rephrasing a popular saying "Fanatica wasn’t built in one day “

Thank you if read this....

Questions for the candidates
1) Currently the most important tasks are the city-placements, worker allocation, tile-improvement and barb protection. Although some of our nations problems will have to be solved through a combination of offices, Internal affairs is highly involved in those. How do you plan to address these problems ?

2) What are your opinions on wonders, wonderprebuilds, happyness-generating buildings and most importantly; granaries ?

3) It is likely that in term 3 we'll be dragged into wars. How do you plan to keep us citizens happy ?

4) Republic will be round the corner soon. When do you propose (with the knowledge you now have) to revolt ?

5) Why should I vote for you and not for the other candidate ?

1) As I said before, the territories that I would prefer to settle would be the new (Greko-Egyptian) continent, our northern desert and possibly the peninsula - north from Indian City Karachi. I will have to discuss the worker allocation with governors, but personally i think that the first thing I will do as Minister (if Governor and you people wont be against it very much) will be giving an order to clean the jungle near Ravensclaw and to build a road connecting it with the St.Oct... . Concerning the working together with other offices I think that it is quite needed and that we will need to search compromises. I will gladly listen to everyone's thoughts, give my ideas and together we will choose the best.

2)The primary wonder on my list is Sun Tzu's Art of War because we need a strong army. Since our nation is advancing, our units will become obsolete so the second of importance wonder will be Leonardo's Workshop. Sistine Chapel will be useful for after the war period. After we build an army strong enough to lead a victorious war we will have to think about building temples. Temples and Granaries are the basic building that every city must have, sooner or later. The sooner the better, but with the soon war situation we will have to choose most needed regions (slow growing).

3)Building towns that will give us luxuries is a good way. We already got 2, we can make 2 more, fast by: connecting dyes with Huntington and building a new town a bit southeaster Cijam to have another supply of wines. The luxuries on the new continent are unknown to us, but possibly the place hides a few free places to occupy. And of course building temples and wonders when we will build an army ready to defend Fanatica.

4)I prefer doing the revolution after the war when our enemies won't have enough strength to take over our fair country and if we will have a war with Republic we will definitely have to build a wonder (The Hanging Gardens) or temples in big towns. So I would choose revolting after the war.

5)Well its a tough question, I'm not better then ravensfire (hopefully not worse ) I think that we all need to start somewhere, I decided to check myself in Ministry of Internal Affairs. I want to get experience that will come in handy in later DG's and playing civ games probably. I understand that it may be hard to be a minister even for an experienced in DG person. But I will be happy if you people will put this tough responsibility on me, that I will carry with honor and pride. I will always check your opinions and wont do anything that will harm Fanatica.

-----------
Shows over..... Good night!

Although RF is a great candidate I am going to give my vote to Krabius. :)

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
Questions for the candidates
1) Currently the most important tasks are the city-placements, worker allocation, tile-improvement and barb protection. Although some of our nations problems will have to be solved through a combination of offices, Internal affairs is highly involved in those. How do you plan to address these problems ?

2) What are your opinions on wonders, wonderprebuilds, happyness-generating buildings and most importantly; granaries ?

3) It is likely that in term 3 we'll be dragged into wars. How do you plan to keep us citizens happy ?

4) Republic will be round the corner soon. When do you propose (with the knowledge you now have) to revolt ?

5) Why should I vote for you and not for the other candidate ?

1. My immediate priority is to put a barrier wall of cities to block off Russia. If we don't we'll have Russian settler-pairs wandering through our turf in short order. They are trapped between Germany (rock) and us (hammer). Likewise, Germany is trapped between the Bear and the ocean - if we don't lock that down, and be aggressive about keeping them out, we'll have cities in our turf.

After that, the West is wide open.

For the inter-office issues - that's communication, one of my strengths. People don't always like what I say, but I communicate clearly and directly. Those qualities are needed in such situations. It also helps when posting instructions for the DP that such instructions are clear and concise, while giving the DP the needed flexibility.

2. We need to start evaluating our cities for pre-build sites. I would like to see DR pulled off Settler duty, and build into a powerhouse. 2 BG and 4-5 hills - nice potential there! Key to that growth is a granary though ... Two key wonders I want to start bulding/pre-building soon - Sistine and the FP. We need both, and must start planning quickly. I will work with the MoTT to ensure we work towards Theology quickly, and we don't trade it unless we need to.

3. I'm somewhat limited as to what I can do. I will have a list of cities and their current happiness stats so I can monitor what's going on. This will also help me to notify Gov's when a city might riot due to growth. Given our rather small city size right now, the wines and dyes alone should handle most issues. Some temples for the larger cities will be key.

4. I've never been afraid to fight a war as a Republic, so long as it is short, and victorious. I trust our MoD to handle that nicely! Switching to Republic at the earliest chance allows us to leverage our large cash position into quick growth. Our cities will grow faster and produce more - all of which we need.

5. I'm actually quite new at this position. I've either been in the Judiciary, or the President - nothing inbetween! I'm good at directing discussions and leading debates on concerns. I've demonstrated in my past my ability to coordinate large efforts successfully. I'm also a pretty decent guy!

Thanks for the opportunity to answer your questions!

-- Ravensfire

Though decisions, since both candidates argue IMHO both valid and debatable (to be polite) opinions.

My vote goes to Krabius because I would prefer Sun Tzu's over Sistine, settling the NW over the SE, going for luxuries and the western continent. I don't like his statement about delaying the switch to republic or the advocation of Hanging Gardens or temples. But that will be discussed by the citizens in the next term, I suppose. :)

I don't like his statement about delaying the switch to republic or the advocation of Hanging Gardens or temples. But that will be discussed by the citizens in the next term, I suppose.
It's my opinion that if we start a war in Republic we would need more happy people. But on other hand if we get at least 3 more luxuries we won't have that problem and wont build HG. But I suppose that Temples for border cites would be ok. But I would listen to the citizens before making complete decisions.

My question to ravensfire, why do you have Sistine Chapel a primary wonder on your list? We dont even have temples yet.

Thank you people for the votes.

Originally posted by Krabius
My question to ravensfire, why do you have Sistine Chapel a primary wonder on your list? We dont even have temples yet.

Excellent question - it's always good to ask for explanations.

The Sistine Chapel is the foremost happiness wonder in the game, doubling the effect of Cathedrals everywhere with no end-date. Phenominal wonder!

It's not a cheap wonder, and it does take planning and forethought to use effectively. For the long term, the value of the SC is unquestioned. It reduces the need for luxury taxes and for Entertainers. This will allow us to dedicate more resources to science and our treasury, and let our cities build and grow faster.

BTW - Great race so far - I'm enjoying it!

-- Ravensfire

As always thank you for answering! Now I see all the pluses of Sistine Chapel.

Still I think that we must build Sun Tzu's Art of War first and after the war probably could start Sistine Chapel. But its just my point of view.

Any time!

Often, each person's style of play will dictate that choice. I'm guessing you play a fairly aggressive game, with a large military. You also try to get Leo's as well. I tend to be somewhat less agressive in early middle ages, using Swords, Knights and Pikes to defend my turf. I get Theology, then bee-line for Mil. Trad.

The gloves then come off as my Cavalry washes over my neighbors. I've spent the time developing my infrastructure, so my cities are good-sized and productive. With the SC, the effects of WW are minimized. Given the level the DG is at, this is a perfectly viable option.

-- Ravensfire

Yes, mostly used "The best defense is offence" in my games, trying to take as much as possibly early. The Diplomacy was some times only used to make a peace treaty for several turns, to regroup and start a new war campaign, but i got good tech's and city or 2 for a peace treaty. So everyone hated me :D. But my city's weren't too bad, I always had granaries and temples in all of them, libraries and cathedrals near the capital area.

But since I got Conquest I try to play more economical games focusing on infrastructure, tech and diplomacy. Playing till the end of time.

Congratulations, you deserve it ! And good luck!

Top Bottom