Term 3 - Nominations for President

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
I Decline. I've set my ambitions to T&T leader for term 3.

I sure hope I have a sizable competition in trade for a change! Good luck! :) (my other trade terms in DG1 and 2 were pretty much mostly uncontested)

Question to all candidates:

1. How often will you run turn chats?

2. What are your goals for Fanatica during your term? In other words, what do you want to accomplish during your term?

3. Why should I vote for you, and not that other candidate?

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire

Question to all candidates:

1. How often will you run turn chats?

My current plan would be to run chats every 4 days, beginning on the 3rd.

2. What are your goals for Fanatica during your term? In other words, what do you want to accomplish during your term?

My main goal is to carry out the instructions of the Ministers and Governors to the best of my ability. But I also look carefully to make sure that those instructions are not a major setback for Fanatica. In such situations I would (and have) ended the chat.

3. Why should I vote for you, and not that other candidate?

I beleive I have demonstrated an ability to post timely schedules, Turn Chat Instruction Threads, game saves, chat logs, and detailed summaries. I have also been active in soliciting feedback on those areas of the game I control, and I believe I have been diligent about carrying out legal instructions and ending chats when in the best interest of Fanatica.

Our Code of Laws says
Code:
B.  The Executive Branch 
  1.  Presidency 
    d.  Is responsible for worker activities.
I would like to get a position statement from the candidates on how they will apply this rule. IMHO we cannot have even nearly "complete" polls on how to manage our growing number of workers in detail. Alternatives I personally see are:
  1. The presidency oversees all worker actions in detail (as decided in public polls/discussions).
  2. The presidency is responsible for the global allocation of workers to the provinces and the new cities not yet part of a province (as decided in public polls/discussions).
  3. The presidency may request workers from the provinces for tasks of national importance, e.g. build access roads to outlying regions, supporting the advance of our military, building colonies.
  4. The individual province governors manage -- in close cooperation with the mayors and the government -- the workers in their province.
    [/list=1] Do I have to tell you, that I am in favor of 2, 3, and 4 and against 1? ;)

I apologize for not responding to tao's question earlier - it has been a very busy week. But I thought I would answer anyway.

My plan to manage workers is to continue as I have in Term 2. I have posted worker updates and requests for feedback after nearly every turn chat. I have given the citizens and leaders the place and opportunity to discuss anything related to worker actions. I don't think there is any need for polls in general. There could be polls for specific actions if there is discussion that is contentious on a specific issue. Otherwise, I believe discussion is sufficient.

Top Bottom