Term 3 - The Office of the Judiciary - The Fanatikan Rule of Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'll decline one.

I would like a ruling regarding my rights as a citizen while on my *ehem* "vacation". I am inquiring regarding my voting rights for the election. If I vote, but do not post, would that violate the regulations of my "vacation". I feel that it is in Fanatika's interest to have the quorum reflect the active population, and that being that I am part of this population, I feel I should be alowed to vote.
In short terms: Can I or Cant I vote?

Public Defender Opinion

I think you should not be able to vote. To me, ban means what Fionn said, you can read but do nothing much of else. Think of it as being a US citizen in jail on Election Day in the real world. Would they let you out to vote? Probably not. I am sorry to have to say this to such a loyal and active member, but it is the law.

However, I believe an alternate solution can be found by impsoing the suspension after election day.

I believe that the Sentencing Poll won't close until 6:39 PM on the 29th, and the election polls open on the 29th. So unless someone is really late on opening the polls, or really early on executing the sentencing, you should have a chance to vote Peng. Just don't procrastinate. ;)

Good job for noticing that Veera. Maybe the polls will open late tonight, because the nominations opened late on the 23rd when they were supposed to be open on the 24th. Maybe that is because I live on the West Coast. However, the debates were not posted until the afternoon of the 26th, so if the debates are late, maybe the elections will be. Hopefully they aren't late. :)

true. I also just noticed that. 72 hours from original posting of poll puts me into tomorrow at 7:16 pm. by then, all of the elections should (hopefully) be posted and my vote will count.
Also: naervod, good analogy with the cons and election day, but cons dont get voting rights back when they return. nor can they read chat logs...

Chief Justice Opinion

I agree with the Public Defender. A suspension means that you cannot post or vote.

However, until such time sentence is imposed, should it be that, you are more than encouraged to get your votes in.

question:
if the sentencing poll sais suspend, how will we know for how long?
shouldnt a second poll follow with the length?

The sentence length is imposed by the moderators. As eyrei is out of town it falls to me. I would like to hear the recommendations of sentence length from the three Judiciary members. Please PM these to me.

Originally posted by Shaitan
The sentence length is imposed by the moderators. As eyrei is out of town it falls to me. I would like to hear the recommendations of sentence length from the three Judiciary members. Please PM these to me.

I actually do have internet access, just not enough time to fulfill my duties as FA leader until I return Saturday. ;)

Anyway, I think a short suspension is most appropriate, with a warning to all citizens that the next person to violate this law will be punished more severely

Just to make a note that Stuck at times has tried to sway the punishment vote. Not that I have anything against Stuck, but as the Chatroom Op. :)

[19:47] <XPenguin> oh, spy!
[19:47] <@Chieftess> wow, not much spammail
today. :)
[19:47] <XPenguin> youre yet to vote!!!
[19:47] <XPenguin> you havent voted in the trial
procedings!!!
[19:47] <@Chieftess> Penguin, don't coerce the
spy. :)
[19:48] <Grand_Moff_CivGeneral> lol
[19:48] <XPenguin> just vote, thats all Im asking
[19:48] <Veera> If he can't coerce him, can I?
^_^
[19:48] <spyc> gah!
[19:48] <spyc> I'm not a him!
[19:48] <Veera> Oh?
[19:48] <Eklektikos> hehe
[19:49] <XPenguin> her
[19:49] <XPenguin> one of the few Fanatikan
Females
[19:49] <Veera> But everyone kept telling me
that CT and I were the only gals here!
[19:49] <@Chieftess> Well, there's 3 of us. :)
[19:49] * Veera glares at everyone that told her
that ¬_¬
[19:49] <Eklektikos> you're obviously very
flexible Veera
[19:49] <XPenguin> and Becka, on ocasions
[19:49] <Eklektikos> and Finvola, too
[19:50] <XPenguin> yea
[19:50] <XPenguin> so thats 5
[19:50] <XPenguin> a very small part of the
population to get angry over the word "geshia"
[19:50] <@Chieftess> I used to think Ohwell was
a girl because of the anime avatar. :)
[19:51] <Eklektikos> not even CT would get angry
at the word "geshia" :p
[19:51] <@Chieftess> :p
[19:51] <Veera> I thought Padma and Eyrei were
both girls... Very feminine names
[19:51] <XPenguin> i mispelt it, didnt i...
[19:51] <Eklektikos> Eyrei's just his userID at
work
[19:52] <spyc> I was just reading the trial
thread after I read stucs PI thread...
[19:52] <XPenguin> ok
[19:52] <Veera> And you misspelt 'misspelt' ;-)
[19:52] <spyc> I'm gonna vote nothing you know
why?
[19:52] <XPenguin> lol
[19:52] <XPenguin> no!
[19:52] <spyc> I_HATE_RED_TAPE
[19:52] <spyc> :evil:
[19:52] <XPenguin> dont.... i need that warning
vote
[19:52] <XPenguin> please
[19:52] *** Octavian_X has quit IRC (Ping
Timeout)
[19:52] <spyc> Only for you :roll:
[19:52] <XPenguin> if i get this vote, it will
be tied
[19:52] <@Chieftess> Stuck, don't force a vote
[19:52] * Grand_Moff_CivGeneral watches as Stuck
start beging to Spy
[19:53] <XPenguin> another one swings it in my
balance
[19:53] <XPenguin> im not...
[19:53] <Eklektikos> stuck, quit harrassing the
voters
[19:53] <Grand_Moff_CivGeneral> Stuck: j/k ;)
[19:53] <spyc> Chill out
[19:53] <spyc> ppl
[19:53] <Eklektikos> I'm chilled
[19:53] <Eklektikos> I'm ice cold
[19:53] <spyc> If this was real life this would
be the most inefficeant govt that ever
exsisted! I dreamt that spy's avatar was walking around
and waved at me! :scared:
[19:57] <XPenguin> i wonder if that no
punishment vote can count as a warning vote.?
[19:57] <XPenguin> lol
[19:57] <Falcon02> lol
[19:57] <XPenguin> i have various dreams
regarding avitars
[19:57] <Grand_Moff_CivGeneral> News Aleart:
Shaitan has to leave due to emergency baby
duty ;)
[19:57] <Falcon02> spend less time in the
forums....
[19:57] <spyc> LoL Ct :p
[19:57] <XPenguin> i once drempt that my linux
penguin was beating up the flag of asphinxia
[19:58] <Grand_Moff_CivGeneral> Strange dream
Stuck
[19:58] * Grand_Moff_CivGeneral tries to
interprate Stuck's dream

I have an issue that needs your immediate attention. It should not result in a PI, but merely a judiciary ruling.

Our current president, Shaitan, has set the date for our next turnchat at December 1st. As he is President of Term 3, I don't believe he is within his rights to set the schedule for Term 4. Please discuss as the turnchat in question is only two days away.

Actually, it 1000 PM EST(Nov 30); 300AM GMT(Dec 1) so I guess that would be allowed? Not trying to cause trouble, just looking for clarification.

Public Defender Opinion
I think that the current datefor this particular turn-chat should stand, although he should not have done this since all official times are timed to GMT. He could have any time up to 11:59:59sPM GMT. Another way to solve this is to have Eklektikos schedule the t/c after polls are officially closed, but before the t/c starts, which would be somewhere between 12 and 3 AM GMT.
Naervod
Public Defender

As we appear to running on Greenwhich Mean Time, the scheduled start of the turn chat would be 3 hours after the beginning of Term 4. Therefore, this chat should either be cancelled, or held by the incoming President (I'm trying to be optimistic).

Hopefully it can be held by the incoming President, although that is 3 AM his time(providing he wins). I think we should let the T/C time stand for just this once because the time it was scheduled for would be in Term 3 in Shaitan's time zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom