Term 4 - Nominations for Minister of Internal Affairs

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
These are the traditional duties and powers of all councilmembers:

Post polls and discussions to determine citizen desires for departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Cast a tie-breaking vote in the polls determining their departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas based on citizen feedback.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas of their own in the absence of citizen feedback (forum outage, low participation, etc).
Convey these policies, plans and agendas to the President for play in the game.
Call Legislative and Override Council Votes.
Vote in Council Votes of all types

These are the duties assigned to the Minister of Internal Affairs:

Organize decisions about settler placement.
Organize decisions about wonder building.
Organize the science/tax/luxury rate.
Organize departmental and provincial budgets.
Governor of cities that do not have a provincial governor.
Call a Mobilization Council Vote to determine if the economy should be mobilized.
Organize mapping of Provincial Borders

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

Yours,
The Election Office

Thanks guys - I will Accept the nomination. I've got a few things unfinished, and am looking forward to the shift in MIA's focus from building out, to building up!

-- Ravensfire

Building Fanatica!

During the past term, Fanatica grew at an impressive rate. Our research eventually led us to the secrets of the Republic, a form of government we embraced and switched into. We've nearly completed our Forbidden Palace.

So what's next? What's the future for the Ministry of Internal Affairs?

Culture, growth and coordination.

Our culture is growing, slowly but surely. We are way behind the other civs though. It's a tough job to come back from, but I wholeheartedly believe we can do it. To start, we have to quickly create a nice culture base. My plan is to use Libraries where possible, Temples in cities that might have contentment issues. I will aggressively push for the Governors to rush libraries in all cities above size 3. As I see cities that will benefit from Cathedrals and Universities, I will request those to be added to queues.

We are also in a position to being the construction of several wonders. I plan to identify several cities to begin prebuilds for various wonders. These provide a tremendous boost to Culture and power.

While most of our city sites have been filled, we're not done yet. We need to fully settle our defined area. That is not, however, the major growth goal for next term. We have several cities with high production, high food. These cities would make perfect worker factories with the objective of moving those workers to other cities and merging them into them. Cijam, for example, can produce a worker every two turns without significant work or reduction in size. In addition to creating a nice workforce, this will help some cities grow rapidly into high-production cities. By keeping Cijam at size 6, we can use the 10 food growth rate to help the 40 food growth (size 7+) cities grow much faster. Think of this as a forerunner of the Size 12 plan.

Finally, the role of MIA will be changing from expansion to coordination. We will have most of our provinces defined by the start of the term (or at least being polled). The MIA should keep an eye on all cities and provinces - looking for trends and opportunities. By working with the Governors and the Executive Council, I can help develop national plans and work to see them fulfilled.

As the MIA for term 3, I provided the citizens of Fanatica unparalleled information about the status of Fanatica. This will continue in term 4. Ultimately, my job is to present information and choices to you, the citizens of Fanatica. I hope you will allow me to continue doing that for term 4.

Thanks, and vote Ravensfire in the polls!

-- Ravensfire, Candidate for Minister of Internal Affairs

Top Bottom