Term 4- Temporary Esquiline province

due to RL, I'm unable to change build ques. If you don't change build ques, rik, I will be able to put what you said herein the instruction thread, and keep everything else as the same.

For the next turnchat Sunday, August 17, 2:00 pm EDT ( 18:00 GMT ) I've made a proposal for buildqueues. Feel free to comment on them or to discuss them. I will file a request to Domestiv and the budget to cashrush Babs Landing's aquaduct, North Shore's aquaduct and Wondering Gnome Hills' aquaduct.

This is how our cities are doing.

Please note that Aqualondë and Skunkworks are going to be in disorder next turn. I urge the Mayors of those cities (Noldodan and Bootstoots) to come up with an anser to this.

To complete the report; this is what all Esquiline cities have for city-improvements:

Rik Meleet
Governor of Esquiline

Hmmm, hmmm… I see that the province of Esquiline, loyal to the Fanatican Empire, have come to found a city by the name of Aqualondë, as shown below (the accent bug is a traditionnal bug when going from a keyboard environment to another, mine being CSA).

I'd like the authorities of Esqiline to consider that the right spelling for the word (if it's meant to be swan haven as it was ought to be) is Alqualondë (i don't know why Noldodan hasn't spoted this already).

Only in the hope of improving the province's quality.

Originally posted by Fier Canadien
Hmmm, hmmm… I see that the province of Esquiline, loyal to the Fanatican Empire, have come to found a city by the name of Aqualondë, as shown below (the accent bug is a traditionnal bug when going from a keyboard environment to another, mine being CSA).

I'd like the authorities of Esqiline to consider that the right spelling for the word (if it's meant to be swan haven as it was ought to be) is Alqualondë (i don't know why Noldodan hasn't spoted this already).

Only in the hope of improving the province's quality.

I'm very glad there are several citizens who help us guide Esquiline and Fanatica to glory and have enough eye for detail to spot these things. Although I am not near a Civ PC I am fairly sure in my saves the city of Aqualondë is presented as it should be. Of course I will check this.

If this is true than I can also understand why Noldodan; Aqualondë's name-giver hasn't spotted this.

I am not sure how we can solve this in a correct way or even whether we have to solve this. The city is named Aqualondë and I don't think changing this name is the way to go. Especially when it's your PC or a bug in the software which is responsible for a namechange in some PC's. OTOH, the chosen name of the city is victim to these changes so perhaps the name is not chosen wisely.

I would like Noldodan's opinion on this as well.

Rik Meleet
Governor of Esquiline Province

From the Jade House
Govenor Bacon,

As President I would like to see the Capitoline Provance place in efforts to start building military units. We are preparing for war against the Egyptians and I would like to see this provance start to build Military units for the War effort.

I'm not Governer any more CG.... but anyway, a few military units in the ques won't hurt much, knights could make it from the eastern cities to the Egyptian Front in time for war.

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
If this is true than I can also understand why Noldodan; Aqualondë's name-giver hasn't spotted this.

I am not sure how we can solve this in a correct way or even whether we have to solve this. The city is named Aqualondë and I don't think changing this name is the way to go. Especially when it's your PC or a bug in the software which is responsible for a namechange in some PC's. OTOH, the chosen name of the city is victim to these changes so perhaps the name is not chosen wisely.

First, if you go to the citizen registry, you'll see that Alqualondë was my choice for a coastal city.

Secondly, the problem of the current name is not the accent on the last "e", but the "l" that is missing just between "a" and "q".

Third, if you want Noldo's advice, it would be easier if someone PM him.

If this message may seem a bit crude, it is only due to my writing style, and is in no case intended.

This is the state of the province 1365 AD:

These improvements are currently in the city:

And these are the buildqueues: Feel free to advise to fill in the ? -marks. Remember that Esquiline is asked to support the war effort by building some Cavalry. Also remember that the Great Fanatican Railroad needs to be build so we need workers as well.

Posted by Fier CanadianSecondly, the problem of the current name is not the accent on the last "e", but the "l" that is missing just between "a" and "q".

If I understand correctly Alqualondë was Fier's naming? In that case I'll ask the President to change it.

RIk Meleet
Governor of Esquiline province

From the desk of the Mayor of Klixus- Major

Given the recent events of war, I request that my city shift production to War. I wish for the Governer to decide if the Cavalry being built here should be switched to a barracks.

Build Queue:
Cavalry
Barracks
Musket
Musket

Projected Queue
Cathedral
University
Bank

This is the new Proposal.

Vander: Since we are only 2 turns away from barracks in Klixus-Major and veteran Cavs are a lot stronger then regular I decide to build barracks before cavs.

If anyone wants to change something in the BQ, you have 45 minutes.

Rik

Suggestions for Alqualondë: Queue: Marketplace, Library, Bank. And, do mine the Mountain if you get a chance.

From the Desk of the Mayor of Klixus- Major

I'm pleased that the war is over and we can now get on with normal production within our provence. The laborer setup looks fine to me (They are were they can be.)
Build Queue: University, Bank, Cathedral

Vander, Mayor.

Hi Rik. I have sent the following post to the Domestic Office in response to your request for Aqueduct cash rushes. I will take a closer look at the cities in question but it seems to me that if we can optimize these cities now, we can hold off on the Aqueducts and address our need for workers without spending the cash. Please see if this makes sense.

If these cities are to be worker factories and will be constantly negating growth, then why should we bother with Aqueducts?

These cities have sufficient food to become worker factories immediately, as the extra workers will ensure that they don't grow beyond Size 6 anyway. If anything should be rushed in these cities, it should be a Granary. In due time we can consider an Aqueduct after we have a more sizable workforce.

Please reconsider your position here, Dave. Or at least table it until next term. ;) :D

Top Bottom