1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 6 - Embassy to APO

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Emp.Napoleon, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I have to disagree with you, dccdis. First of all, this isn't just an anti- APO attitude. This is a "pull yourself up by the bootstraps, before you die" attitude. I realize you haven't been around very long, but APO just wants us on their leash. That's all they've ever wanted. And all we've ever wanted was to be their lapdog. APO wants our help in their attack of the other Continent. They have 50 units, we have what? 9 -12? Get real. We're not going to be able to save them if they screw up. They're on their own. We can't stay out in the Ocean any longer. That's foolishness. "Let's put all these men on ships so we can drown them at sea" :rolleyes:

You're right about having to work together to make an impact on the game. But licking their boots is not what I call fun. And I usually call people who say we should lick APO's boots, APO members....

2. deshelbr

deshelbr International Playboy

I want to work with APO, but leaving the ships sitting off the coast is just too much of a risk. If we needed to delay our landing for 7 more turns, that needed to be decided about 5 turns ago. At this point we are already in motion and we have to land. We will just have to live with the fact that APO isn't going to bail out our riders if we get into trouble.

As far as CGN's new home goes. APO, who has a larger land mass than us, needs to understand that we really can't justify conceeding land to CGN without reparation. APO unilaterally decided to save CGN without discussing any land deals with us. I would be content to have CGN sit tight in Balance Of Power and no other city until we recapture part of the other continent for them to move back into.

3. Cyc

Ya know, while I'm here again....

Where are the maps that show APO's current position of attack force? Are they really poised outside of GWT? Or have they come to rest off of our shores so when we attack, they can land and take some of our land?

4. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

Big Free of poly said that, and he is one of their councles

Most everthing else is protected in the CFC-APO treaty, most does not have to be regotiated.[/QUOTE]

#1 CGN being here is a violation of the CFC-APO treaty, unless we botha agree upon it. I protested it and it should have requered a councle vote. In theroy there could be a court case for it hint hint

#2 Yes they should not have our land to the north or anywhere, if apo wants to then they need our permission.

5. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

All you have to do is look at the first page of this thread.

6. Cyc

Hehe. I hate to inform you of this, but I am not a member of the APO Embassy group. I don't swallow information that others feed me in hopes of shutting me up. I just went and checked out "your" map. It does not show the info box with the year in it. That map could have been sitting around on someone's hard drive for a month. It is very detailed, zoom-wise. We need a current map showing their ships with the CURRENT DATE. Having the mini-map on the same page wouldn't hurt a bit either. Can they fork over a map with the info box in the corner? Let them show thier gold amount, what they are researching, and the date all in one pic. This would be a big step in quelling my fears. It would also prove to me where their ships are at this time.

7. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

I'll see what can do, but I do see what you are saying. But on a differnt note it would be a idea to attack APo some time, after all of thier ships are on the other side of the world with their troops, and we could easly achive Continental Domination.

8. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

er you aren't serious are you? I really don't think we have that capability. Think of how long it took us to get our stack.

9. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Let's not pull a Hitler here...

10. Cyc

There's no way we could "pull a Hitler here". :)

Where's our well trained troops and state of the art equipment? :lol:

11. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Is Emp's plan at all feasible?

I do not know our current production capabilities, but what if everything we are building now is put on hold, and we simply start building military units. We make some more phony screenies to keep feeding em' and we bring back our ships. Any chance of a strike at the core of APO that could kill their production capability and allow us to slowly take them over?

Also where is our FP? Would all of APO's cities be horribly corrupt?

12. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

I think we could, we coud say we decidded to wait another couple turns, and ally with GWT secretly, GWT destroys Apo's fleet, and right after their fleet sinks we attack for the FP, their cities in the north would be worthless, poly falls quickly. :mischief:

Anyways you guys wanted some screenies, I got some.

Attached Files:

13. Cyc

I give up. I'm outta here. Run your own war.

14. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Why aren't the city names in the south of the bottom picture shown?

15. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

And why isn't someone playing the turn? :(

16. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

I will ok? Just get me save and the verson of PTW we are using and I will. I can not accses the team's e mail. Also I need war plans, like where to land in GCA and all that kind of stuff.

17. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Edit: I just saw them.

Edit2: Who is President? Shouldn't they play the save? C'mon lads.

18. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

Ankka is our surpreme lord I think :p

19. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

And our supreme lord was taken to his grandparents where only internet works, not PTW. :(

DuhDuhduhh.

Donny has been missing, too. Awesome.

20. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

Will someone please get me a save so I can play it! And it will help if I have some idea where to land.