Term 8 - Nominations for Public Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Term 8 - Nominations for Public Defender
All members of the judiciary share several rights and responsibilities:

Post polls and discussion on interpretations of the Constitution, Code of Laws, and Code of Standards.
Do not have Deputies but may appoint Pro-Tem officials (Pro-Tem Justice, Pro-Tem Defendant and Pro-Tem Advocate) if they are unable to fulfill their duties. Pro-Tem officials have all of the rights and responsibilities of the officials they are filling in for but are a temporary position and must surrender their pro-tem status upon the request of the official.
Participate in Judicial Review to determine the legality of proposed amendments, laws and standards.
Initiate and participate in Judicial Review to interpret and clarify existing amendments, laws and standards.
Initiate and participate in Judicial Review to dismiss investigations as having "No Merit".
Post Legislative polls that have passed Judicial Review.

The following duties are assigned to the Public Defender:

Is tasked with ensuring all public investigations are performed correctly with deference to the presumed innocence of the accused.
Will ensure that the accused understands the charges against them and what rules were purportedly broken so the accused can mount a valid defense.
Will perform as defender, if so wished by the accused.

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

Even though I only registered for the demogame about two hours ago, I nominate myself for the position of Public Defender, since nobody else has been nominated. I'll probably need assistance if anything comes up. I think that this will be a good introduction to the demogame for me.

(BTW, I accept my nomination :) )

Congratulations and welcome to the Demogame. I hope you find it as enjoyable to play as many of us have.

As far as receiving help goes... you'll likely get tons of it if something does come up. So much so in fact, that you'll probably have a hard time figuring out which help to pay attention to... ;)

I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with the demogame constitution, particularly the portion which deals with the responsibilities of this position. Other than that, try to get involved as much as possible, and if you can attend a turn chat, do so.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Demogame..

Don't worry about only joining the demogame 2 hours (or prob more now) ago. Your learn the basics fast enough and the more advanced stuff pretty quickly to. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom