TES : The Stormcloak Rebellion V1

Spoiler upgrade diary :
Here's an exemple of the graphical direction taken :

There we have in order
exemple.png

A division of the previous "Alchemist" into Alchemy Student, Potion Master and Poison Master units
Two exemples of new city guards getting nearer of lore without spears.
Two altered spiders to match more the bitterfrost spiders and its giant variant
An altered version of the chaurus, so he'll clean less the ground and bite more its preys.
Catfish incredible troll a little more white (to stick more to the Ice troll), and its armored tamed version used by the dawnguards (upping their power)
More summons, with the tolerated familiar and the banned dremora lord.
Last presented there, a new proposition for necromancers and a new choice for the master mage.

No need to hide it, the Upgrade possibilities of units shall be way more developped.

Last edited:
Spoiler upgrade diary :
That's really encouraging to have support, despite an obvious lack of talent there, from graphic godly creators like Tanelorn indeed ! Much thanks to you, and to you JPetroski too as it gives your every day boost to keep going further.

Here as a second batch, we shall have :
exemple2.png

New tolerated summons with the fire, ice and storm atronachs.
Next shall with have a strange try for a dragon priest.
Then shall we have an argonian warrior and an argonian sharpshooter, one should be able meet to meet as mercenaries.
On the right stand the new foorm of Talos priest, which shall be weaker natively, without magic ability, yet have magical potential and which shall boost other nearby units.
Under that do we have new propositions for orc hunters and orc warriors.
A dunmer mage and a new version of the redoran guard shall be disponible as mercenaries too.
To end this batch, we have the new version of the now unique nord militian, that can be upgraded in a nord warrior and a nord archer, one of the upgrades avaible to the also altered nord hunters.

edith- guess there's much room for improvement with the orc warrior, the dragon priest and the atronachs...

Last edited:
Spoiler upgrade diary :
Here's the current state of the next set of unit the scenario shall use.
Thanks to ToTpp18, there's still 35 slots that could still be filled without a single conflict.

@JPetroski , @Tanelorn , @CurtSibling, @Fairline and all others please, do you see some units missing for this scenario, or who could add flavor and features to this scenario ?

TESprojectV2.png

Much thanks !

Last edited:
You seem to have most of the characters I remember in it already, and I may have missed it as I'm posting from my phone, but what of the Daedra?

That and perhaps if you have room you could actually have all of the dragon priests and maybe some quests items like Dawnbreaker that could give a boost to your unit when "killed" / found?

You seem to have most of the characters I remember in it already, and I may have missed it as I'm posting from my phone, but what of the Daedra?

That and perhaps if you have room you could actually have all of the dragon priests and maybe some quests items like Dawnbreaker that could give a boost to your unit when "killed" / found?
Daedra have here as representatives its main atronachs and the dremora lord both to summon.

Were you thinking about daedric princes ? Or about humanoid daedra, like a "basic" dremora or xivilai to summon too ?
Bestial ones like daedroth, clannfear or scamps seems absent from the province at this time, aren't they ?

Seekers could have their place with a specific underground land to picture Apocrypha and give a quest for Ogmha infinium per exemple ?

A Dawnbreaker object is a good idea indeed. I don't think I'd have it like an unit though.
A first step finding Meridia's beacon would then lead to a second step cleaning it's temple to end with as a reward to give a unit a bonus like you said, alongside abilities ?

@Dadais

Just want to point out, there is no point in giving me credit for the graphics on your units. I never created any of these.
Fairline should be first and foremost, as his creations are the core of 90% of the units you use here. Also please credit Catfish too.
I'll try to correct that accordingly.

Currently building a googlesheet to estimate fight outcome considering unit stats (out of bonuses)

I have ideas about having stronger wildlife than the current ones.
On the other hand, fighters and casters shall be able to benefit from upgrades in cities (providing they own a forge or a magic library), giving them bonuses.

The google sheet shall help to balance all that.

Coming with Stat work, I shall work on new units design for :

Magic Anomaly
Mudcrab
Troll
Wispmother
Dremora Kynval(lower fighter)
Dremora Kynreeve (magus)
Ice Wraith

Great to see this project is continuing past 1.0 with more enhancements.
There shall be a great change in fights too : nearly no projectile with a new system to spawn the last ones, a combat system distinguing close, ranged and polyvalent units and unit "abilities" (be it masteries of magic types or kind of weapons equipped) for humanoids to disclosse in a dialog frame.
Spoiler stats prevision :
exemple3.png

So, new values are given, and may be slightly altered later on balance purpose.
Also managed to come with something with missing units earlier said, with this corrected set :

TESprojectV2.png

A new casual troll, the mudcrab, whispmother, magical anomaly, and ice wraith.
The dragon priest got altered to be less sitting and to be more straight.
And then, two new dremoras to summon are joining the fray.

I'm curently giving a great revision to technologies.

"Hunting party", "mage incorporation" and "Seek Explorer" were too weak
"Plot Discord" was too strong
They'll be removed.

I'd like to introduce a tech line for the Thalmor to achieve as part of its winning objective
I shall concentrate the "rallying techs"of the reachmen into a single one, and change said cities from reachmen with unmovable units to barbs before the rally.
Forge techs are gonna be altered too to unlock upgrades for units (rather than easily giving a bonus per weapon type used)...

I may also alter the way some quest techs are working.

Governements shall be changed too
-"Embassy" (republic) shall be assigned to the Thalmor and the neutral
-"Nordic Feodality" shall be (fundamentalism) rather than (monarchy)
-"Reachmen Alliance" (monarchy) will be given to reachmen

I guess as a last change from my contribution on units, I tried to remove shields from the incredible gobelin drawn by Fairline, previously altered as bowman and shaman, to picture falmers.

Here's the little result.
exemple3.png

At the same time, Lua code is beeing rebuilt.

Last edited:
civ.scen.onCanBuild function is transfered with its alterations and its additions.

Functions got added to know when using the exploration function with no unit in which region the activated tile (if visible) is in.

Considering some previous variable interferencies and the variable and function inflation in code, reorganisation of those got pusshed more far in few tables :
exemple.png

Last edited:
Currently merging all location lists and functions (6 ones !) into a single function in the new version.

I'm taking advantage of this to alter the Army Camp settlement for imperials and stormcloak :
Instead of teleporting within 20 tiles of its support city, it shall settle within 20 tiles of any owned city AND between 5 to 10 tiles away from an ennemy city (forsworn & imperial/stormcloack)

The camp use shall also be less strong :
Instead of giving free units every turns,
It shall grant each turn prestige points in addition to be a spawning point for basic volunteers only (allowed by a prestige and alea system to create a kind of evolving soft cap)

Last edited:
Build a new function to build and store all dialogs to create, and retranscribed in it the new opening ones.
Better structured, that shall help both traduction corrections, futur alterations and the code organisation.

exemple.png

Victory conditions and action are transferred and upgraded in the new event file, with a new plan set for a Thalmor gameplay.
Considering Tootall_2012 valuable observation, added Objective status to corresponding cities.

Also replaced mistyped units considering the new unit set, placed a new terrain type underground for nordic tombs, and reduced the amount of units stationned in war camps.

I hope you consider a Cyrodiil Oblivion prequel scenario one day. ;)

And/Or Morrowind.. omg lol..
I feel that could be great indeed, yet am hoping for it to come to life with a more seasonned scenario designer ;)

Set the altered date system to match Skyrim calendar, working great !
An easy thing to do which could add great flavour to many scenarios (and Prof. have added to the template if not mistaken) !

Currently facing an issue with city production (some units which should be are not avaible to build) thus trying to solve it. /edit stupid beginner mistake corrected : Skeever and Horker replaced Giant Spider and Cave Bear in the Musketeer and Knight slots.

Last edited:
-Free volunteer units have now their new creation system done. There shall be both

a hard cap variable setting the alea number one can earn each turn (with forsworn leaders and war camps as factors).
a soft cap variable setting the global amount of volunteers one can have (with many past&present influences grouped as a hidden "prestige"/"glory").

No more endless flow of free units for players now.

-Also build first roots for the "Unit Stuff" system, including "weapon used", "main magic used" and "Enchants" to give bonus to units when fighting

-transfered the FactionChange function and extended it to integrate (firstly) unaligned forsworn cities, each orc stronghold and the winterhold college.

Last edited:
Top Bottom