Thank You, from Firaxis!

I'm a bit late to this :D
I'm Shaun, modding, scripting, gameplay, localization, other odds and ends, engineer for Civ. There's not a day that goes by that I'm not grateful to our fans and community. Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to do what I love as a career.

I really enjoy all of the creative and brilliant mods the community comes up with :)

Stay Civilized!

Wholeheartedly returning the favor by enjoying every (one & many more) minutes of gameplay since what feels like forever.
We just love the Firaxis gang & we'll keep enjoying whatever comes out of your talented/skilled/dedicated minds for the future.

Soooooo.. here's a glimpse about something i'm working on for the Victory conditions & how Leaders interact with such twisted realities.

ZyxZag--Science_Panel(Built).png ... ZyxZag--Culture_Panel(Built).png ... ZyxZag--Religious_Panel(Built).png ... ZyxZag--Domination-Trio_Panel(Built).png ... ZyxZag--Diplomatic_Panel(Built).png

** Still much to do -- fourth "Box" should receive a few more details. Final Industrial Product (-:)-) will offer seven basic panels and other tricky Info components like Economic and Oceanic stuff, etc.

Sample #1 below;

(-D7)Hungary_MatthiasCorvinus.png

Should be fun!!

PS; Another important thing i'd really want from you people now.. is the proverbial package of assets known as "Pantry" for NFP stuff and other precious GFX elements developed after the previous SDK files -- basicly, what can be found in the released DLC folders although we already received some (more or less) content from the "CivRoyaleScenario" & "Expansion1+2".

Pantry_Folders.png

Please ( @FXS_Anton or @dshirk or @ShaunSeckman or @Brian Busatti ..etc ?? ) -- asap! :scan:

Last edited:
Like many others I started the amazing journey that is Civ way back in 1991, introduced my son to Civ II as he was old enough then (he loved the advisors) and now here we are in a world we couldn't imagine where we can share so much and truly be part of a global community. Thank you everyone who has contributed to Civ in any way and thank you Firaxis team for coming here and sharing these messages with us.

#OneMoreTurn, get it trending. :lol:

Hello, Civilization players! I am Anton Strenger, lead designer on the New Frontier Pass for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. As the team here at Firaxis reflected on our last twelve months with Civ, the common thread is how grateful we are for you – our players and the community you have built around this game. Your passion, enthusiasm, and insightful feedback have helped us shape this game into something great. ...

What a wonderful tribute from Firaxis staff to CIV VI fans. Thank you for making one of the best games available, and making it better every update.

I'm a bit late to this :D
I'm Shaun, modding, scripting, gameplay, localization, other odds and ends, engineer for Civ. There's not a day that goes by that I'm not grateful to our fans and community. Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to do what I love as a career.

I really enjoy all of the creative and brilliant mods the community comes up with :)

Stay Civilized!
and many, many, special thanks to you!

(and, you know, better late than never...)

Ironically, I missed this entire event because I was busy playing CivVI :lol:
Thank you, Firaxis, for making CivVI! I'll sure keep keen eye on what ever comes next!

This is, without a doubt, the best thread I've seen here in nearly 20 years.

Thank you for all the hours of enjoyment, the history lessons, competitions and the late nights playing one more turn. :eek:

Please keep up the great work!! :goodjob:

A most heartfelt thank you to the entire Civilization VI development team for the years of entertainment your game has provided. I can't count the hours of enjoyment spent playing, modding, and researching history I've spent over the years. Not just with VI, but with all the previous incarnations of Civilization.

Whenever there's been difficult times in my life, whether the loss of a job, the death of a loved one, or even the lockdowns of the past year, I could always count on Civilization to provide a calming diversion.

Thank you to all the team members who took the time to post here, I know it means a lot to the community. Wishing you all continued success and I'm excited to see what the future of the franchise holds. I know it's in good hands.

:thanx:

I suggest you guys read the reddit post. There's a bunch of little gems there.

Spoiler :
Screenshot_2021-05-07-02-33-14.png

Microwaves fish.

It could be slander, it's hard to tell. Maybe he just reheat some leftover battered cod once and now Kevin is out there trying to ruin this man's reputation.
---

Edit: Formatting. Picture too large.

Last edited:
Thanks FXS team for all your hard work. Civ is my favourite game, and has been for almost 25 years. Looking forward to what is to come

I suggest you guys read the reddit post. There's a bunch of little gems there.

View attachment 595962

Microwaves fish.

It could be slander, it's hard to tell. Maybe he just reheat some leftover battered cod once and now Kevin is out there trying to ruin this man's reputation.
I used to have a coworker who would microwave sardines every day.

Microwaves fish.

Nobody wants to eat cold fish though for lunch. :mischief:

But seriously thank you for all that you have done back. :goodjob:

Best thread I've ever seen on these forums

Been playing since civ II as an 8 year old. My best gaming memories are of playing civ V multiplayer LANs with 4 of my friends.

I still remember the first time I got wiped off the map, civ III base game playing as Germany. Whole world ganged up on my puny 3 city empire in the ancient era. Never forgave that iteration. Civ 2, 4, 5, 6 I would have at least 1,400 hours on each individually.

Thank you for all your hard work firaxis.

Hello, Civilization players! I am Anton Strenger, lead designer on the New Frontier Pass for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. As the team here at Firaxis reflected on our last twelve months with Civ, the common thread is how grateful we are for you – our players and the community you have built around this game. Your passion, enthusiasm, and insightful feedback have helped us shape this game into something great.

Thank you, Firaxis, and Anton, for making this awesome game. I can truly tell that you listened to the community, on CivFanatics and/or Reddit, (e.g. when Cliff of Dover got two boosts, clearly you listened -- I was the one who called the first buff of CoD bullfeathers LoL).

However, I do suggest that, when listen to the community, don't just restrict to the English-speaking community. If possible, have a community liaison position for Chinese and Russian community (can be part time). Some of the players in these communities are really good and dedicated to the Civilization series. They are able to fix newest bug that Firaxis introduced during the updates within hours, or pointing out some balance issues. But their voices aren't heard due to language barrier.

Top Bottom