Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Teutonic Order

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Thailand

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Bowsling

Deity
I've been wondering what civilization should be the 32nd civilization in my mod, without removing any of the existing civs. The list of choices:
  • Assyria: Ashubanipal II, unknown unique unit, militaristic, commercial
  • Austria: Charles V, Hussar instead of cavalry, militaristic, industrious
  • Australia: unknown leader, Anzac Infantry instead of Infantry, seafaring, agricultural
  • Brazil: ?
  • Canada: Douglas, RCMP Officer instead of cavalry, agricultural, expansionist
  • Ethiopia: Yaqob, ? , religious, expansionist
  • Hawaii: ?
  • Huns: Attila, Horse Archer, militaristic, expansionist
  • Isreal: David, Slingman, religious, militaristic
  • Khmer: ?, Ballista Elephant, ?
  • Mali: Mansa Musa, Skirmisher, religious, commercial
  • Métis: Riel, Buffalo Hunter, religious, militaristic
  • Poland: John III, ?, militaristic, agricultural
  • Teutonic Order: ?, Teutonic Knight, religious, militaristic
  • Thailand: ?

Unless you're going to remove every civilization and add them in again, you can't have a 32th civilization.

If you managed to do a hack for playing with 32 full playable civs, this would be a great work, Bowsling. :) Normally in C3C the 32nd civ are the Barbarians , so you have 31 civs + the Barbarians.

There exists a Barbarian patch by skyer 2, that allows Barbarians to hold cities, but it never worked well in my tests and additionally there are some severe problems with the sound files for a 32nd civ.

So, if you really managed to add a full playable 32nd civ to C3C, please tell us more, Bowsling. :)
But may be you are in the wrong forums. You are here in the Civ 3 forum.

But in the editor, you can add a new civ to total 32, not counting the barbarians. This spot I believe is intended to be Austria. And yes, I am certain I am modding civ three.

Yes, it was supposed to be Austria, which is why all of the files for it are hidden around the game files. Though you can add it (or any other civ, for that matter, into the editor), you will not be able to use the 32nd civilization in-game...unless it is hacked.

Yeah, you can add the civ, but the editor will delete it.

EDIT: And if you find a way to circumvent the editor deleting it, then the game won't recognize the .biq.

Yes, so it is. Only for additional information: There is an ancient hack by Chrissicom, showing 66 slots for civs in Civ 3:

But the number of civs that could be really played couldn´t be enlarged.

You can add in more civs like that in the regular Conquests editor - after adding the 32nd civ, close the rules page, re open, and you'll be able to add a 33rd. I sometimes do this a lot to see what the map would look like if it had the "real" amount of civs on it! It's always a shame that I can't keep them...

Yes, so it is. Only for additional information: There is an ancient hack by Chrissicom, showing 66 slots for civs in Civ 3:

But the number of civs that could be really played couldn´t be enlarged.
Yes, but you can clearly see that this hack completly screwed the editor. All the texts are now gibberish.

As a side note, the way the information is stored in the file format means that there is NO way to tell if a unit can be available to a civilization beyond the 32 one.

And in theory, this is the only limitation, as all the other civ related information should be expandable to more than 32, if Firaxis had programmed the game and editor correctly.

That isn't gibberish. That's German. If you can speak German or if you are familiar with original CivIII Edit, you can work with this hack too.

I'm guessing that Steph's joking.

Um, to re-itterate:

(Cue up the 2010 Space Odyssey ending theme):

All these civ slots are yours except the 32nd one: Attempt no modification there!

All these civ slots are yours except the 32nd one: Attempt no modification there!

EDIT: Steph, I had no problem reading it... Maybe you need to get your eyesight checked. :p

Definitely Mali or Ethiopia (except this is impossible. Remove the Byzantines for them. The Byzantines are the most redundant IMO)

Definitely Mali or Ethiopia (except this is impossible. Remove the Byzantines for them. The Byzantines are the most redundant IMO)

As are the Sumerians/Babylonians (Babylonians are just later Sumerians)

No, the Babylonians were Semitic, while the Sumerians were not. But yes, I do usually take out the Babylonians and leave the Sumerians.

That may be, but the had pretty much the same language, writing, culture, art, literature, religion......

Top Bottom