The Age of Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Springfield Armory was the first usage of mass production techniques, in the American Civil War, so if there is going to be a wonder it would be a more appropriate name

Alekhine said:
The Springfield Armory was the first usage of mass production techniques, in the American Civil War, so if there is going to be a wonder it would be a more appropriate name

Not really, because few people have heard of the Springfield Armory.

Alekhine said:

It also wouldnt help the quest to make Civ 4 more of a world game rather than an American one.:D

This may seem stupid but a while after mass prod started ppl started paying a lot of things on credit in the states (im not sure). and this led to the Depression (Wall street crash 1929-1932 i think) this crash made western europe go bancrupt and then... (domino-effect) so if you realy want that wonder in, why not include an effect it might have made afterwards. so if u really want to include it and want to have more commerce/quicker towngrowth maybe give it a crash later on in the game?

Reall quick @ the SPringfield thing (I dont have much time to post) the mass production of cars had a huge impact on all aspects of business. It developed towns (see page before.) That is why it was so big.

AlCosta15 said:
:lol: Way to put your foot in your own mouth. If you read the thread, you would realize that the "rebel civilization" idea died a long time ago.

Nice Job! What you're doing is wrong and stupid.

P.S. Next time, try to read the thread before making a stupid comment like that.

Obviously you live in a Walter Mitty character world. That Idea was never going to work, you're useless.

Napoliean said:
Obviously you live in a Walter Mitty character world. That Idea was never going to work, you're useless.

Who the hell are you to be thinking you can come in my thread and tell me I'm useless. You're an arrogant SOB. I bet you I could get that idea to work if the SDK limit on 18 civs was gone. But, no you arrogant idiot didn't think I could do it. Don't ever come in this thread again and insult me like that. Some people are actually trying to accomplish things in this thread, not sit back and insult the creators. You good sir, are an idiot.

AlCosta15 said:
Who the hell are you to be thinking you can come in my thread and tell me I'm useless. You're an arrogant SOB. I bet you I could get that idea to work if the SDK limit on 18 civs was gone. But, no you arrogant idiot didn't think I could do it. Don't ever come in this thread again and insult me like that. Some people are actually trying to accomplish things in this thread, not sit back and insult the creators. You good sir, are an idiot.

Try not be so polite to bumwashers like that. Hes just some sad :cry: .

Keep up the good work on the mod. :goodjob:

chrisrossi said:
Try not be so polite to bumwashers like that. Hes just some sad :cry: .

Keep up the good work on the mod. :goodjob:

Honestly, I can't stand people like that. People that don't do crap, but go around criticizing people. I believe those people should be banned.
That's why I'm trying to get us a private forum somewhere, so idiots like that don't do that kind of crap.

Why not drop West Point and switch it to Royal Military Academy at Woolwich which is about 50 years older than WP

khakhan007 said:
Why not drop West Point and switch it to Royal Military Academy at Woolwich which is about 50 years older than WP

Or switch it to more general "Military Academy."

Or use my idea, for national wonders you can change the name for it for each civilization. Unless you feel this is too much work (which I don't blame you, you have a lot of work already.)

ice2k4 said:
Or use my idea, for national wonders you can change the name for it for each civilization. Unless you feel this is too much work (which I don't blame you, you have a lot of work already.)

I'm going with the too much work.

AlCosta15 said:
I don't like the first idea honestly, there's no way to grow. Can you summarize the second for me? I'm too lazy to read it.
oww!the honesty ,it burns:lol: take a second look particulary at the last post,there is growth potential there, you just wont controle it.

i composed a brief yesterday but my internet went down just as i was sending it out.me being all thumbs on the computer saw an hour worth of work gone and wanted to rip the computer of my desk ,but its all good, took my agression out on one of my cooks,i feel much better now.
Any way I think il'l just tell you what I want to accomplish and if you like it you can check out the details on the string.

1. trade everything,food,resorces,weapons,raw goods ,maufactured goods,techs,workers(slaves)
2. different production system,useing workers ie. population or beast of burden ie,horses and cattle, in your city center for raw production capacity and material ie. resorces, neccesary for that item.
3. every tile having resorce, some of these tiles would be simple,ie.forest having wood resorce,hills having stone etc. others more paticular such as gold ,oil,iron,etc.
4. resorce veins,this could be represented by shields,same as production and food shields in civ2 and 3.
5. All production items would require more than just a connection to a resorce,rather x amount of that resorce.
6 growing resorces,should be able to grow "living" resorces ie.horses,wheat,cattle,corn etc.growing these resorces would require technology advances to grow in extreme northern and southern latitudes,would also require new tiles, such as cold weather plains,temprate grasslands,etc.
7. A tiered road and port system allowing a limit on the amount of resorces to move through your empire,each level of tier allowing more resorces to be used or traded by a city.
8. improvments that would turn raw resorces into finished resorces ie.weapons factory,tank factory,textile mills,breweries etc. these improvements should have a significant maintanance applied to them to balance the benefit.That benefit being more commerce and happiness for finished product than raw. Some units and improvements would require finished product to build.
9. resorce neccesary techs,to create minor civs.
10. resorces having a set amount would require x amount of population and or x amount of beast of burden to access. multiple improvements on the resorce would lessen the amount of required population by x%
11. roads and ports would have a maintanance cost applied to limt the spread of road networks.This would help in the concept of supply on the battle field.
12. 3 types of cities
A. the basic civ style city responsible for growth,science,production and culture.
B. collonies responsible for resorce collection outside of cultural borders.
c. millitary cities ,responsible for the production and training of offensive units,ie. army bases, naval ports, air bases.These would collect finished materials and population % (or shields in my idea) to produce multiple units per turn proveded enough resorces are available.
13. All resorces and excess population would go into a general slush fund ,such as gold does now,and be imported or exported to be used by cities depending on what level trade network connects them to other cities.
14. city improvements to multiply amounts of resorces,such as a refinery would increase the amount of oil being produced in a citie by X%
I think this sums up the book that i wrote in the string.let me know if you got questions or if somebody eles wants to tackle this for a mod.

A note on the supply idea somebody said something about having only infintry be able to take cities ,I think this is great idea,I would also like to add that it should also be responsible for terratory durring war time.In essence the inf. unit would be responsible for holding and supplieing territory. An area that is culturaly held by an enemy would be your terratory if you have uncontested inf. units in that area.also roads that are supplieing your units even in enemy territory would be yours,proveded you have inf. on that road ,and you can draw a dirrect, clear path back to your civ.

That sucks (about the hour of typing), my internet in my computer with Civ is down again.

1.You'll be able to trade a lot of things.
2.I like the current production system, except Settlers and Workers will cost population points.
3.If every tile had a resource, it would be an eye-sore for the player.
4.Hmm...I sort of like this idea.
5.No, I think you should need just that connection.
6.I like the idea that some resources could spread as time progresses, and yes, there are more terrain types.
7.No limits on resources.
8. I like it, I'll consider it.
9. Sorry, but no.
11. Yes to the maitence cost, but the railroads and roads will also bring commerce.
12. There will be 2 types of cities, cities and colonies, colonies can produce colonial improvements and troops, and cities can produce just about anything.
13. Not sure what you're talking about.
14. Maybe....

Infantry and Tanks should be able to capture cities. I'm not going to have supply lines in this game.

line 13 is connected to line 5 ,7,10 and 2.
as for 11 you already have cottages why add more ways that generaly make you money,the concept here was to limit the amount of roads being built,so you end up with more of a highway system.

AlCosta15 said:

I'm trying to inspire you. And anyway since my time on here hardly any mods work so I don't really see the point to making a mod that is so intricate its not going to work and if it does then you need a super computer because it takes up so much CPU usage and RAM.

It seems like you my friend cannot take constructive criticism.

I actually challenge you to make a new playable civilization - Pakistan. Lets see what you can do...

Napoliean said:
I'm trying to inspire you. And anyway since my time on here hardly any mods work so I don't really see the point to making a mod that is so intricate its not going to work and if it does then you need a super computer because it takes up so much CPU usage and RAM.

It seems like you my friend cannot take constructive criticism.

I actually challenge you to make a new playable civilization - Pakistan. Lets see what you can do...

Are you serious? Every mod I see works. It is going to work, tell me how is it not going to work?

You're not giving me constructive criticism, you're insulting my work and others.

Why do you want me to make Pakistan? I'm making an epic mod, not a new civ.:rolleyes:

Why don't you go somewhere else and "constructively criticise" somebody else?

Notice the quote-unquote things, I assume you're too much of an idiot to notice that.

I agree only Infantry.. be it mechanized or a warrior should only be allowed to capture... it takes soliders to supress a population. tanks /chariots are great in the battlefield... but are at a great disadvantage in cities.

Napoliean said:

erm, napoliean, do you know what constructive criticism is? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom