The AI is PSYCHIC

BobiB420

Warlord
So in my latest game, i'm playing Kamehameha against England, India, Persia, China, and Sweden. My starting location was crazy close to England, so I moved over a hex, founded my capital, and quickly took them over. Made friends with India, China asks me to declare war on india, so I do. China hates me for backstabbing, understandably so (even though they asked me to do it, go figure), I conquer India, now Persia and China are peeved at me, whatever. I explore the rest of the world and meet Sweden. Right off the bat, they have a grudge against me. "Declared war on leaders you made friendship with."

Wait.. what?

I check his trade options, he has not met ANY other civs or city states. I double check China and Persia's trade options, again they have NOT met Sweden. Sweden should know nothing, they should not know about my "warmongering" they should not know about my backsatbbing of india, they should be perfectly neutral with me for just meeting them.. yet somehow.. they know!

Is it supposed to work this way? Is this yet another example of the AI playing by a different set of rules from the players?

FTW PSYCHIC AI!! :eek:

Nearly every Civ game I've played it seems the AI has "cheated" ... I was playing a Civ IV the other day and I was being brutalized by barbarians to the point I couldn't do anything but fend them off, I got so frustrated I when into the world builder and all the AI Civ's were NOT be attacked by barbarians, well I think one Civ had one barbarian harassing them whereas I had about 50 ... so if the AI is going to cheat so will I and I dropped a few tanks down in the ancient age wiped everything out and started a new game.

yea i've done that a couple times. Game starts getting crazy out of control with AI winning constant battles that it had like 10% chance and below to win, so i'd drop a few dozen barb knights in the AI empire and wait a few turns for them to be taken over. Actually works out quite well since I play Revolutions mod, because after 1-2 turns the barbarian cities turn into a brand new civilization with up-to-date techs and units.

Top Bottom