The Almighty Britain

Truronian

Quite unfamiliar
Retired Moderator
One thing that has always bugged in RTW is the fact that Britain seems to always become a superpower in my games. In the last one I was playing as Egypt and heading up Italy, only to find Rome was blue! Does anyone know why Britain seems so good as an AI team (or is this just in my games?)?

Germania starts with poor econimy and expanding mostly west, while gaul is fighting rome and spain. And of course, germania and gaul are fighting each other.. While britania has all of 1 territory to guard and 2 highly distracted neighbors. It would be hard for them to lose.

Swiss Bezerker said:
Germania starts with poor econimy and expanding mostly west, while gaul is fighting rome and spain. And of course, germania and gaul are fighting each other.. While britania has all of 1 territory to guard and 2 highly distracted neighbors. It would be hard for them to lose.

Patched?

Like Swiss Bezerker said, their immediate rivals aren't exactly the best around :mischief:

Try Gauls and see how the Brits do it firsthand :lol:

Whenever I played with the Julii or Scipii, the Gaulish lands were only a battlefield for the Germans and Britons, except the south part, where I was advancing towards Carthaginian Spain city by city. All central and northern Gaul was simply a place to live and recruit, and the Britons and Germans fought each other over the whole country, without regard for the natives.

Britains have the chariot. When the comp autocalcs to resolve battles between themselves, the Chariot has a stupidly high value. Thus everyone else gets stomped. Play the chariots and you find out why this doesn't seem right.

(German spearmen will pawn the Chariots in most situations).

I tried playing as the Britons. I almost got wiped out on the mainland, and there are nearly constant barbarian/rebel uprising on the Island (England) itself. The Gauls and the Germans are constantly demanding that I become a protectorate (I obviously tell them to eff off), and those people have no honor whatsoever. Every time we make peace, almost without fail two turns later they break their word and attack me (even if we have an alliance). I captured a territory in Russia of all places fairly early in the game, and nobody has really seemed to attack that, and I have also taken 2 cities from the Gauls and 1 from the Germans. The Britons are, however, greatly blessed when it comes to family members, the only faction I've seen that gets more family members are the Greeks.

I don't really see how the Britons could become a superpower. They have a pathetic variety of units, and most of which are ungodly expensive for a pitiful economy. There are times when I don't even have the funding to retrain peasants (well this was a starting unit they gave me, and I had to make do). I don't really see how they could outfit an entire army of heavy chariots, chosen swordsmen, and head hurlers (not a hugely effective unit, but they are fairly high up on the requirements aspect of things, that's why I mentioned them). I can see how many nations could become superpowers, but there is no way the Britons could effectively become a superpower under the AI's control. At least that I've seen.

any of you guys play any mods? RTR takes away britian completly, and EB makes them extreamly hard.

yeh RTW gold is the most patched up version.

toxicseagull said:
any of you guys play any mods? RTR takes away britian completly, and EB makes them extreamly hard.

yeh RTW gold is the most patched up version.
Takes away britain completely? Does it?

Top Bottom