• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Ancient Mediterranean MOD (TAM)

Playing as Assirian in TAM 2.5j, I built Pyramids in my capital city under Theocracy
When I switched to City States several turns later, Pyramids disappered from my capital (together with granary-bonus effect)
F7-Wonder reports Pyramids owned by Assirian, built in 0 AD, located in 'city-name' (varying each time and not existing as Assirian city)

Is it a known bug?

Right, if you are not a theocracy, they won't work. What you noticed on the wonder screen is just how the game deals with goverment specific wonders when you are not in that goverment.

Galleys don't turn when they attack...
you could fix this...
Also, you can irrigate hills... is this a bug or did you do it on purpose?
And don't railroads in ancient Mediterranean sound a bit strange? I think it would be nice if they were renamed to sth else...

but in general it's a nice mod =) Playing Minoans I just conquered half the world :D

thamis said:
Galleys don't turn, but to me that's not an issue.

You can irrigate hills on purpose.

I thought railroads were renamed to Imperial Road?
Hmm...
civilopedia says imperial roads... but worker action is still railroad...

I just recently got Civ 3...been playing TAM for the past day or so. I'm really enjoying the mod, but I'm up to around 1000 BC and it takes 3-4 min after I end a turn. Is there any way to speed up the wait time between turns? I mean, I can play a Huge map with 18 civs on Civ4 and the wait times will be faster than this.

Any tips would be appreciated, I really want to keep playing the mod. Thanks.

I just wanted to say thank you to Thamis and those of you who have created this wonderful mod. I only recently downloaded it and have been playing with my son who is in fifth grade. Two days ago he went on a field trip to a local museum and was able to discuss the hoplite, phalanx and other aspects of ancient history with the museum guide. When his teacher asked him where he learned these things he referenced your mod and civ. His teacher does not play but was quite interested. Anyways kudo's again on your excellent mod and thanks for helping me educate my son in an enjoyable manner.

Stormrage said:
Yup, thats the point! :evil: ;)

Thamis, sorry, but the thread is over 60 pages so I`m just gonna ask this: I think this mod doesn`t use all those great ancient greek units made by R8XFT, are you going to update this a bit? I`m thinking of DL-ing..

This MOD does use a lot of ancient units, but I don't know if any by R8XFT are in. There will be no more updates to this mod, at least the Civ3 versions.

stewy said:
I just wanted to say thank you to Thamis and those of you who have created this wonderful mod. I only recently downloaded it and have been playing with my son who is in fifth grade. Two days ago he went on a field trip to a local museum and was able to discuss the hoplite, phalanx and other aspects of ancient history with the museum guide. When his teacher asked him where he learned these things he referenced your mod and civ. His teacher does not play but was quite interested. Anyways kudo's again on your excellent mod and thanks for helping me educate my son in an enjoyable manner.

Oh I love to hear such stories! Send my greetings to your son!

I actually learnt much of my English through playing Civilization I.

thamis said:
This MOD does use a lot of ancient units, but I don't know if any by R8XFT are in. There will be no more updates to this mod, at least the Civ3 versions.
None of my units are in. Never mind - hopefully I'll work out how to do some new artwork in Civ IV that you'll be able to use in the new version of the mod :) .

Please explain to me how I use Siege Archers. They just seem to die and have no bombardment ability that I see.

Thamis, I can help you with history background about Dacia (Getae)

Unique Units to choose:
1. Falx Dacica or Falxman in english language (pedestrian with carved sword)
already implemented in your mod

2. Viper Archer (pedestrian archer with viper venom arrowhead)
2bis. Mounted Viper Archer (mounted archer with viper venom arrowhead)
History:
"There is nobody from the sarmatii and getii who don't use a bow and viper venom arrows."
Ovidiu; Trist.; IV; 1;78
"Getii, who are neighbours with scythians, make use of the same weapons as scythians, but most of them are mounted archers."
Tucidide;II; c. 96

3. Cataphract (versatile mounted warrior with both carved sword and bow with viper venom arrowhead)
History:
Cataphract from the Byzantine Empire was an evolved unit from the earlier sarmatic cataphract. Anyway, not all Dacians Tribes use this type of unit, only sarmatii and getii.

Enamy:
Scythia (North-East)
Macedonia (South, between Illyria and Thracia)
Persia (far South-East)

Neutral:
Thracia (South)
Greek Cities (Tomis, Callatis) on Pontus Euxinus (Black Sea)
Illyria (South-West)

The cities mentioned by Ptolemeu:
Sarmisegetuza (capital)
Petrodava
Utidava
Ziridava
Comidava
Ramidava
Argidava
Zargidava
Tamasidava
Piroboridava