The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

Ohh now the spanish names are perfect.... I'm working to improve this mod, especially the civilopedia. An a few mistakes ( error of me when I do the translation) with the names.

hm I started to write and it all vanished...

well here it goes again, my list of improvemnt.

1 Add barbarian cities on spot where there where big citys in real history, this makes for more accurate games. See earth_realsim 1.3 map for very good example

played abount 20 min

2 Add tech txt

3 Add build icons

4 Add leaderheads

5 is there a city maintainence cost? built 2 cities and had my research on 100%

6 please improve map just abit with more resoruces and more obviouce optimal city spots

OK, I downloaded 1.0 few hours ago, had some errors on startup, which I managed to fix by editing some file. However, buildings like library, granary, etc., had no icon and the game crashed as soon as I completed them. Thus, I decided to avoid these buildings, but I still got a crash, I guess when AI builds them it crashes as well.

Few minutes ago I downloaded version 1.1, deleted the folders and copied the fresh contents. Started a new game, sortof beelined to libraries, still no icons (can be checked in the tech tree even at game startup); then the game crashed few turns before I was able to complete the library, perhaps AI was first.

But it looks nice :)

Edit: I entered the world builder and tried to add library to a city, same crash occurred. I will try to attach a screenshot. Note that a lot of buildings have no icons...

Attachments

• bleh.jpg
    bleh.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 104
I'm changing few diplomacy texts, guy's your can contribute to the mod.

Ex:
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_IBERIA_1</Tag>
<English>Her most righteous majesty, Isabella, beloved of God and protector of the faith, does condescend to greet you, [CT_NAME]. Do tell me: are you a righteous people, or are you fiendish heathens who need to be wiped off of the face of this fair land?</English>

<Spanish>Saludos,[CT_NAME]. Os encontr&#225;is ante Viriato,azote de Roma, l&#237;der de todas las tribus &#237;beras. Vigilad de no adentraros en nuestras tierras, nuestras monta&#241;as pueden ser muy traicioneras. </Spanish>
</TEXT>
Iberian text is spanish (Isabella Text) then is incorrect, the same like germans (Bismarck text). This can be fixed easilly.

Correct my bad english.

Welcome, [CT_NAME ]. You are before Viriato, whips of Rome, leader of all the iberian tribes. Watch out to enter in our lands, the mountains can be very traitors.

PD: For spanish people tomorrow I'll post a correct version ( now are in a 70%) of differents files that I'm correcting.

A litle while ago I loaded version 1.1 which I saw fixed the text errors that others have mentioned. I decided to go ahead and play a game as the Romans. Eveythiong proceeded nicely until I got to 1760BC when the game crashed to the desktop. I reloaded the last autosave, encded the turn, and once again got a CTD. I ahave attached that save game file if you are interested.

For me, I couldn't see any of the usual tables inside my capital city upon double-clicking on it.
Also, upon building an Obelisk, the game seemed to crash. I'm not sure if its directly related to the obelisk, however, but it was the first thing that came to mind that may have caused it.

Version 1.2 posted.

Laurino added ArtDefines for all buildings in hope of fixing the crashes. Let us know if the crashes are fixed now! If not, try to retrace where the crashes came from.

The easiest way to do it is to start a game in Debug mode. To do this, you edit the Civ4Config to:
Code:
CheatCode = chipotle

Then you can add units and techs and whatnot.

Well, I&#180;ve been playing for a while... One thing I find that is greatly unbalanced are the defense bonuses for the cities... They are insanely high! All cities have like %175 of defence, making their capture almost imposible... Even with full promotions... I think that wall should replace the pallisade bonus, not add to it... One way would be to make pallisades a prerequisite for walls, and that walls add another %25, so it would make a grand total of %50... And the smithys bonuses should be lowered also, or completly removed... The bonus to XP it&#180;s enough to make an impact on the city defences... Besides that, I found some little things that need improvement, but they&#180;re minor compared to this, like the timeframe, science advisor tech requirements lines, double holy site, among other things...
Anyway, great mod and keep up the good job! :goodjob:

no need for Scandinavia on the map, or the deep Russian territory?

I like the "stretched" Mediterranean maps, you know the long horizontal and short vertical scale... those that make sense? Sometimes my lack of English skills annoys me.

Tried that map, the lack of resources made it no fun but it has potential if properly remade for TAM.

A great map is essential for how the mod is portrayed in my opinion. I love a well thought trough map where I clearly can see optimal city spots where original ancient towns where. And to combat the AI stupid build plan there could be (as I strongly suggest) barbarian towns widely spread on spots all over the map where

Good point. We'll change it.

elhoim said:
Well, I´ve been playing for a while... One thing I find that is greatly unbalanced are the defense bonuses for the cities... They are insanely high! All cities have like %175 of defence, making their capture almost imposible... Even with full promotions... I think that wall should replace the pallisade bonus, not add to it... One way would be to make pallisades a prerequisite for walls, and that walls add another %25, so it would make a grand total of %50... And the smithys bonuses should be lowered also, or completly removed... The bonus to XP it´s enough to make an impact on the city defences... Besides that, I found some little things that need improvement, but they´re minor compared to this, like the timeframe, science advisor tech requirements lines, double holy site, among other things...
Anyway, great mod and keep up the good job! :goodjob:

Well, in my opinion resources should be really rare in maps and a good map makes it very hard to choose where to put your cities. I made the resources the way they are on purpose, with no obvious optimal city plots. You gotta think more this way!

If you feel like you need more resources, why don't you just modify the map? I can send you the image and py files if you like. We could include a high-resource map in the mod then.

Drogear said:
no need for Scandinavia on the map, or the deep Russian territory?

I like the "stretched" Mediterranean maps, you know the long horizontal and short vertical scale... those that make sense? Sometimes my lack of English skills annoys me.

Tried that map, the lack of resources made it no fun but it has potential if properly remade for TAM.

A great map is essential for how the mod is portrayed in my opinion. I love a well thought trough map where I clearly can see optimal city spots where original ancient towns where. And to combat the AI stupid build plan there could be (as I strongly suggest) barbarian towns widely spread on spots all over the map where

thnks.
i love it tam for civ3 and a final version civ4 :cool: :cool: Thnks

For english people this quotes are good ?

<Tag>TXT_KEY_TECH_WOOD_WORKING_QUOTE</Tag>
<English>"There is no worse wedge than the one of the wood."</English>

<Tag>TXT_KEY_TECH_VICE_ROY_QUOTE</Tag>
<English>"Land!" - Rodrigo de Triana, sailor of Colon</English>

<Tag>TXT_KEY_TECH_TOOLS_QUOTE</Tag>
<English>"The oxidation by lack of use much more spends the tools that the own work." - Benjamin Franklin</English>

PD: I'm going out to lunch.
PD2: Chelsea 1- F.C. Barcelona 2 :D

This night I got addicted to TAM, though it is not even final ;-)

I recognized that it is very difficult to start with Egypt. There is just floodplains and grasslands. I wonder how the AI Hatty manages it in my game to be no. 3 of all from the beginning on... I always had serious health and production problems for a long time until I managed to really grow dangerous.

Though it is great. I always wonder if there could be some method to propose for a city founded somewhere the right ancient city name (maybe civ-specific like Constantinople for Caesar and Byzantion for Agamemnon and a default name if some other founds it. If you know a way it could be done and just need someone who's programming it, ask me ;-)

Suggestion: A file with map tile coordinates linked to city names. Founding a city instead of suggesting the next free name in the list the next free nearest city name is suggested. Like when you found a city near the isthmus of Byzantion with Mycaenae, "Byzantion" is proposed as the city name instead of "Athens" ;-)

What do YOU think?

Top Bottom