1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by thamis, Nov 29, 2005.

1. thamis

thamis King of Kish

2. wolfman1234

wolfman1234 Chieftain

Great, Thamis!!

3. Chode

Chode Chieftain

TAM for Civ 3 was great, TAM for Civ 4 is not getting the work done on it that it deserves. Please considering expanding the mod team.

edit: Okay can someone give me a little tip. I have BUG (single player) installed and it doesn't work with TAM, for obvious reasons. Is there an easy way to fix that?

4. ambrox62

ambrox62 Chieftain

Each new (or old) contributor is always welcome :)
    Civ V is coming very soon and TAM for Civ5 wants fresh human resources... :band:

5. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

Yes, you are correct, the BUG mod wont work with TAM. It would have to be incorporated in some manner to the TAM mod engine. Currently we don't have anyone versed enough to accomplish that task. Hopefully we can pull in some additional modder's with the latest version which is a big step in the right direction.

@ Ambrox, correct me if I assumed wrong, that adding the BUG mod to the engine is beyond your skills. I know they are mine!

6. Kranden

Kranden War is the real diplomacy

Great work tham, i just played this again after almost 2 years. Some good progress has been made, and woo Greek Fire :D

7. Chode

Chode Chieftain

It turns out going to TAM's .ini file and turning custom assets = 1 will fix it.

8. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

Wow, that was too easy. Thanks for posting. Sometimes things arent as complicated as they seem. I had no experience with BUG other then that it was attached to the FFH-Wild Mana mod. :goodjob:

9. drlake

drlake Chieftain

EDIT: Correction, it requires changing "NoCustomAssets = 1". There are two entries for NoCustomAssets, it worked when I changed both. Thanks!

10. thamis

thamis King of Kish

I'm wondering whether that turns of graphical modifications of TAM though?

11. drlake

drlake Chieftain

It doesn't seem to. I'm guessing from the nomenclature (my programming days ended back in the days of Basic) that NoCustomAssets = 1 means don't run any custom assets, which shuts down BUG. That should have no impact on anything TAM is trying to do.

12. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

Thamis,

what do you mean specifically by graphical modifications?

The BUG mod is a permanent attached feature of the FFH-Wild Mana (which I test for also btw) and for the most part it manages the HUD enviroment/interface which of course has been heavily modified similar to that of FFH, but it may also tweak some of the graphics. I think though the main graphic manager is still in the civ4 options. For example, in FFH-WM interface the unit display is moved, and is rotatable on the High Setting, lower that setting and it is no longer rotatable.

I will look into this a little this evening when I get back home.

13. ashley26ph2003

ashley26ph2003 Chieftain

hi

I have Civ 4 1.7.4 or BTS 3.0.0.91 or Warlord 2.0.0.0
    and what version of Mod should I Download?

14. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

Wow good to see TAM still going strong. How is it going Thamis/Jan? Hope all is going well. :goodjob:

15. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

ashley,

you need to download BTS v 3.19 to run the current version of TAM.

then go here to download the latest version of TAM BTS .091

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/the-ancient-mediterranean-bts-v091

16. ashley26ph2003

ashley26ph2003 Chieftain

hi graywarden

can you help me to find compatible mod for my Civ 4 version?

17. Darklor

Darklor Chieftain

You can read? Graywarden did already post that. Patch BTS to 3.19 (can be found here in the forum) and then:

18. yogiebere

yogiebere Civilization City Planner

For some reason I can't get any of the civs to trade techs with me. I fought a war against Germany with Rome and they wouldn't trade techs. I gave Scythia a free tree, they wouldn't either despite having +4s on diplo. Is this a bug? Because of this, I am gaining techs at about half the rate the coms are (on prince), not fun!

19. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

The mods default setting is Noble, so it could very well be that the diplomacy is really hard at Prince. IIRC updating the diplomacy/trade was on the to do list when the development team departed.

But I also recall there was a certain amount of randomness as well, what may appear to be difficult on one play would turn out not to be so much so after many plays...