The Burger Pie.

Zardnaar

Deity
Thoughts in this. From around 12:00 onwards the pie specifically 15:23.

Pies here are savoury not sweet similar to Aussie and UK. Steak and Cheese or Mince and Cheese is the most popular pie here. This pie puts burger patties, cheese and gherkin in a pie.

One can also buy a butter chicken pie essentially an Indian curry pie

IMG_20221007_132442.jpg

In the freezer I may have a steak, cheese and pepper pie along with bacon and egg.

Would you eat these pies?

Thoughts in this. From around 12:00 onwards the pie specifically 15:23.

Pies here are savoury not sweet similar to Aussie and UK. Steak and Cheese or Mince and Cheese is the most popular pie here. This pie puts burger patties, cheese and gherkin in a pie.

View attachment 644800

In the freezer I may have a steak, cheese and pepper pie along with bacon and egg.

Would you eat these pies?
I would. The burger pie is essentially a cheeseburger in a pie shell. I'm not into pickles, though.

I saw the earlier part of the video, and would LOVE to try that fresh fish & chips. The only time I've ever had really fresh-caught fish from the ocean was on Vancouver Island, with my dad and grandmother. We stopped for lunch at a place serving fresh-caught Pacific salmon.

I would. The burger pie is essentially a cheeseburger in a pie shell. I'm not into pickles, though.

I saw the earlier part of the video, and would LOVE to try that fresh fish & chips. The only time I've ever had really fresh-caught fish from the ocean was on Vancouver Island, with my dad and grandmother. We stopped for lunch at a place serving fresh-caught Pacific salmon.

Heh yeah that shop is kinda famous. Looks very good.

We have something similar about a 45 minut drive. Small Town shp, sources from local fisherman. No over the water dining.

We have meat pies (i.e. chicken pot pie) as well as sweet pies. They're great.

I had them they were alright
They had a kind of processed chesse inside, I prefer to buy regular pie and then to add real cheese instead.

I had them they were alright
They had a kind of processed chesse inside, I prefer to buy regular pie and then to add real cheese instead.

Cool you can get them at supermarket.

Supermarket pies not the best but they'll do in a pinch.

I do like those Fairlie pies. I hope you know what I'm talking about!

Could even say that they're... good pies.
Fairlie good pies!

Edit: Zardnaar has never been to Fairlie. He is missing out.

Last edited:
Cool you can get them at supermarket.
Supermarket pies not the best but they'll do in a pinch.

Well I learnt to heat them in the microwave and then put them into a sandwich press to give the skin a nice bake
There use to be pie face shops in a lot of locations, I love to go to them when it was closing time to buy cheap hand made pies but most closed down, Nowdays though there arent any places close by that sell handmade pies

Well I learnt to heat them in the microwave and then put them into a sandwich press to give the skin a nice bake
There use to be pie face shops in a lot of locations, I love to go to them when it was closing time to buy cheap hand made pies but most closed down, Nowdays though there arent any places close by that sell handmade pies

Pies are everywhere here. There's a corner store nearby with them, local supermarket, gas station, and cafe's all have them and a restaurant.

Also a bakery.

Top Bottom