The Chalukyan legacy - (A solanki AAR)

I heard earlier that the creator intends to make such an expansion. He'll have a bigger map that includes the whole of India and more of the mediterranean (up to Italy I think)
embryodead did not come here for almost two years, he also said that the project is completed

embryodead did not come here for almost two years, he also said that the project is completed

I remember that, he said SoI was complete some years ago.

He didn't show up for 2 years? That's terrible. I hope he comes back though, he is a great CIV modder and this community really needs these folks to keep doing their magic.

Imagine if Leoreth disappears. The CIV community will drop more then half of its total I think.

The Chronicles of Acharya Mrityunjay : The Conquest of Sindh 1142-1158 Viikram Samvat

For centuries, the kingdoms of Sindh and Gujarat had lived in uneasy peace. This was the first kingdom to embrace the faith of the mleccha, and for centuries thereafter continue to hold on to it. I was there when the Army of Gujarat laid siege to the city of Thatta. Every hour a hundred boulders were hurled at the city walls, they pounded the defenses of the doomed city for as long as the sun stayed up. The screams... they continue to haunt me, it would not be unreasonable to estimate that not all those who died from the bombardment were soldiers, quite a few of the boulders fell on homesteads and shops, killing innocents. This was not the first time that I had witnessed war, death and bloodshed over centuries, it has hardened me, perhaps to an extent even dehumanized me.

It seemed a cowardly way to die, being pummelled by a falling boulder from a distance, the soldiers of Sindh were recruited from the same Rajput stock as the braves of Rajputana, they were a martial people with a code of honour, dying in battle was a thing of pride for them. I felt such a death did not befit them, but General Govinda's orders were clear, the Army of Gujarat was to bombard the city with all available ammunition. When the sun had fallen and the city was half a ruin, General Govinda ordered the strike. The Kshatriya warriors of Gujarat proved their fearsome reputation once more, overwhelming the weakened garrison.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The Army marched through the ruined city, trumpets blowing ahead of them signalling the advance of the victorious troops. General Govinda rode on his horse up to the governor's residence, the governor of the city had fled before the siege had even begun. The flag of the Soomro dynasty was brought down and in its place, we raised the flag of the Solanki Dynasty, but a far more poignant act was about to take place. General Govinda next turned to the ruined temple of Surya West of the city, the temple was looted centuries ago by Mleccha invaders, today the Army of Gujarat reopened the temple gates and offered the first Puja in nearly four centuries. On that spot, General Govinda announced to the army, "Today we begin the glorious war to cleanse the land of the Mleccha! Sindh will be free from their hold! Men! There is no time to spare! We march North to the city of Mansura!"

The troops were euphoric from this victory, the Kshatriya warriors flashed their bloodied swords in celebration and cheered on General Govinda. The victory had greatly boosted the morale of the men, they had forgotten of the disastrous floods at Anhilwara, the war was not cursed !

1152 VS :

Over the next ten years, General Govinda led a fierce campaign across the deserts of Sindh, the Army of Gujarat laid waste to the countryside of the Sindh rooting out rebels and resistors, most vicious of all perhaps, was the raid on Mansura's food supplies. The Sindhu river was the lifeblood of the kingdom, be it for trade or agriculture or mining, Govinda had understood this and used it to the disadvantage of the enemy. He blocked all trade through the river and destroyed vast stretches of farmland before finally besieging the city of Mansura. Over the course of the war this had become the capital of the Soomro Dynasty, a strike here would be like a strike into the heart of the kingdom, the war would come to a speedy end, that is what we all hoped for.

Mansura fell quickly, it seemed that stories from Thatta had found its way North to Mansura, the city guard had begun deserting when they first laid sight on the approaching Army of Gujarat. The first volley of boulders falling on the hapless city broke whatever remained of their morale, after that the Kshatriya warriors made quick work of the defenses of the city. Mansura was spared the carnage of Thatta, but final victory was still not in hand. The King had fled along with the royal family before General Govinda could capture them, the speedy western stallions were too fast for the horses of our army to catch them.

1156 VS :

Four years passed, what used to be the kingdom of Sindh was now only the city of Tharri. The Solanki Dynasty had spread its hegemony over all the deserts and river valley of the Sindhu, the Army of Gujarat had gained victories after victories till they reached the gates of Tharri. Fourteen years had passed since 'Siddharaj' Jaisingh had begun the invasion of Sindh. The army was feeling exhausted now, and a sense of desperation and fear had crept up among the troops. Rumours were being heard of vicious Rajput raids on Gujarati territory, the Rana of Ajmer had begun his own war against our kingdom. Though the troops of the mainland had succeeded in thwarting these raids they brought much suffering to the people of the countryside. The soldiers of the army of Gujarat feared, that if they do not return to their homeland soon, there would be more bloodshed.

Perhaps it was this longing that made the otherwise cautious General Govinda decide to assault Tharri with an infantry charge, without resorting to bombardment. The siege engines themselves had begun to wear out, repairing and rebuilding some would take time, and it was time that they did not have. The Kshatriya warriors fought with unseen ferocity, the day before the battle, a priest had conducted a puja to Mother Kali, the Kshatriya warriors invoked savage strength from the Goddess with the promise that each shall give her the severed head of the enemy soldiers.

Spoiler :

The ferocity knew no end, and it was not just enemy soldiers who fell victim to the Kshatriya blade. The intoxicated soldiers killed women, children and elders, but the worst of their anger was aimed at those who had adopted the Mleccha faith. When the day ended and their trance had worn off, the warriors offered their gory garlands before the Mother goddess and felt consumed by guilt and sorrow. The King witnessed the carnage from his palace, even before the city was completely subjugated the King surrendered hoping to spare the rest of his subjects from the carnage of the enemy troops. The Soomro Dynasty had fallen.

Spoiler :

Over the next two years, the fallen King Soomro and Siddharaj Jaisingh completed the merger of the two kingdoms. The mleccha king was spared along with his family, on the condition that they would renounce their alien faith and return to the way of the Sanatan Dharma. It was a moment of great shame for the Soomro as well as for the Mleccha world, but it was a moment of great pride for the Solanki Dynasty. The realm now stretched from the Narmada to the Sindhu, we were now masters of the Western sea.

Spoiler :

Last edited:
In the chronicles of Acharya Mrityunjay : 1042 - 1058 VS : Domestic Affairs

Spoiler :

With the Army of Gujarat fighting in the deserts and plains of Sindhudesh, the enemies of the Solanki sought to take advantage of the situation. To the North, lay an old adversary of the kingdom, Mewar. Ever since the line of Rana Sangha had fallen, Mewar found itself in perpetual anarchy, with one usurper succeeding the other in bloody coups. The present self-styled Rana of Mewar was the most powerful of these usurpers and the most ruthless.

He sought to invade our domains from the North while the bulk of our army was away. His intention though, was not conquest, but plunder. He mobilized two divisions of lancers to harass our Northern frontiers, they raided villages, destroyed livestock, burnt farms and killed innocents, yet, the Siddharaj Maharaj chose to do nothing. The peasantry was growing restless, what was the king emperor of the Solanki doing ? Had we not the strongest army in Bharata? Then why would he fear a few divisions of bandits? The king answered me when I put forth the question, "There are but only a handful of archers to defend our Northern cities, and these are garrison troops and city guards. If I were to send them to do battle, our cities would be open for these raiders. We may lose a handful of villages, but we cannot lose our cities."

The answer satisfied me, but not the agitating villagers who stood pleading before the royal palace with the corpses of their dead. It was a hard time for the kingdom, but such are times of war.

Spoiler :

Whilst the raiders pillaged the countryside, the King did not sit idle. He realized the weakness in Gujarat's defenses and ordered two new divisions of warriors to be trained, while troops were rallied from the volatile western front on the Thar back to the homeland. These troops were now tasked with clearing the countryside of raiders and bring the war to Mewar.

Spoiler :

Thus, the Kingdom of Gujarat fought two wars on two fronts, a larger war in the west and a smaller war in the North. In both wars we achieved victory, for it was not long before our troops marched into the core territory of Mewar and laid siege to Amer.

Spoiler :

Many years had passed since the Siddharaj Maharaj had ascended the throne of Gujarat. During this time, he had committed his best resources to war, but even in these trying times he had not turned away from science. The King was a tolerant man, despite protests from the priestly caste, he did not purge the Mleccha from his kingdom, on the contrary he employed those with skills and knowledge of the sciences in high positions. Trade with Mleccha kingdoms in the Western sea brought prosperity to Gujarat, and with it the crafty Gujarati traders found new ways of exchanging wealth, a system of exchange they call 'Hundi' , to trade in goods.

Spoiler :

I never quite understood the nuances of commerce, suffice to say with this new system in place, the efficiency of trade increased manifold bringing enormous wealth to our merchant class.

Top Bottom