The Civ V wish-list!!!

OH YES! One more idea for Civ 5.

Be able to trade military units to other Civs like you could in Civ 2. It would be fun as well as realistic to be able to provide military aid to other nations in fighting against a common enemy. For instance I could trade units for resources, right of access, world maps, gold, etc. If I can produce a lot of low end units and my neighbor is less technologically advanced than myself or our common adversay, then I could trade or even give these low end military units to my neighbor in his fight against this enemy in order to bolster my neighbor. If I give units to my neighbor for free, this should buy "favoratism" points. The more favoratism points I earn the less likely my neighbor is to attack me for a specific period of time per point.

And of course make the AI use this tactic as well.

I would like to a wider variety of units, I mean, the animation of an european civ Spearman would be different from an asian civ Spearman.

For example in Civ3, a pre-colombian civ Spearman look's like a greek phalanx!! The units of all civs are exactly equal!! That was weird and can be changed, can't it?? Make a heaviest game!!:D
I don't know if this was changed in Civ4(my pc sucks:badcomp:) but if don't...so it's the time.

In BTS asian civs have different unit looks than European and other places. So that's fixed.;)

I'd be happy if Civ 5 was the same as BTS but with a much better combat system. I find combat is Civ 4's weakest aspect. Its just sooooooooooo boring.

I'd like if you could sell the blueprints for your UU. For large money or Tech.

I have a big list of my own. Some may have been mentioned already, but that should just mean that they should listen to those things more :p

#1: Smarter AI. This is a must, and AI must always continue getting smarter and smarter.
#2: Matrix-style war. To prevent wars that last millenia (literally), the game should have an option to slow the speed of the game by a factor of (~3) times. This means that wars are over faster, and drafting and slaving are very critical, however also have only a couple of uses. Long wars, however, have largely been cut out of Civ IV, but not completely...
#3: Migration. Civ has NEVER factored in this very important part of life, and it would allow a small civ to bounce back somewhat (as small civs normally have more :health: and :).)
#4: Low graphics option. As in Civ 2, or Civ 1 graphics option. No 3-D, just plain 2-D. This will allow HUGGGGGGGEEEE games, with tons of civs, and lots of cities :D
#5: Diseases. This important factet of life is also very important. It could allow biological warfare in the late game, as well as deciding who gets open borders, and who doesn't. Diseases should have different strengths and weaknesses (Fatality, Speed of Spread, Immunity), and having a very high property in one property, would mean that the other properties would be low (to prevent a unstoppable, deadly, quick virus killing all of civilisation :p). Although some would hate it if these were implemented, I hate (for example) ZoC, and the air units that move like regular units ideas.
#6: Making it possible to stop trade routes in the reinessaunce. After the invention of Astronomy, trade routes are unstoppable, which means you can't stop people from trading with one another, without being VERRRRY friendly with the civ you are not at war with.
#7: Unstability. One possible way to stop ICS once and for all is to have an unstability probability assigned to certain cities. This unstability would create a new colony, which you could either go to war to restabilise the country (something that is good if the split occured by chance), or to make the new colony your vassal. Unstability increases with the size of the civ (Ie. the maintanance you are paying. The State Property wouldn't reduce the unstability penalty from distance, but courthouses would), the unhappyness in the city, and reduces when more culture is present, and more milatery units are present. Certain civics would prevent, or increase, or modify stability in cities. Done correctly, it should be possible (although expensive) to keep a huge, planet-wide civilisation stable, and thus the domination victory is still achievable. However in the very early game, domination victory is impossible (as there would be no stability civics to implement)
#8: Central Electrical Grid. Power plants should create a power resource. In order to be powered, a city must use one power resourse for each 10 population. You can over-power a city by using an additional power resource for each 10 population, and over-powering a city gives +1 :). Just an idea, as it is stupid to have additional power plants doing nothing, especially with many cities not having enough power in the real world. Also, a city without power is just as happy as one with power in Civ IV, which is counter-intuitive for people new to Civ. Finally, people would be annoyed that they cant build more than one powerplant in each city.
#9: City population should be corrected, and town population should count as well. It is unrealistic to think that the world population is less than 1 billion, even with huge cities throughout the world. There isn't a single game in which I have outdone 500 million population (although I have in world builder :p), and I am sure no-one has ever made a 6 billion population world, or even a 2 billion population world :p

I think thats everything...

how about relocating your resources. Let say you have a pig population 1 tile away from a fat cross, you should be able to herd that pig pop (with a shepard/worker unit?) for like 10 turns. Each time you move the pig, it loses one food value for balancing issues (but cannot go down to negative value). For crops, you can spread the seeds. 90% failure prior biology and industrialism. 50% prior genetics, and 10% prior future tech.

Units' zones of control should have three potential actions:
1) Do nothing.
2) Potshot.
3) Attack passing units.

The way this should work is that the MP of the ZoC unit should be matched against that of the target, and the chance of the above occurring should be calculated according to that. Do nothing would be the most likely to happen, potshots the second most, and engaging the target would be the least likely. To engage the target, it must be passing from one square under the ZoC of the unit into another (like the base city radius of 8 tiles). A potshot is possible only if the target is entering the ZoC, and nothing is always possible. If a unit is passing from one ZoC tile to another, the chances of a potshot increase. If the combat odds are severely stacked against the ZoC unit, the game should have it withold (sp?) its attack.

Add some sort of logistics function for attacking armies. Ammo and food will need to be supplied to units in enemy or neutral territory. Every turn they are not supplied, their combat stats will go down.

You should be able to give units to other civs...that's a great idea. It'd allow proxy wars!

Trade Graphics Power for AI Power

When was the last time you bought a chess game that ran at a snails pace on an ordinary machine DUE TO THE GRAPHICS and not the AI?

Alot of the people that want to play civ - want to play it on an ordinary laptop... have a lower graphics requirement option in the next version of civ.

I'm going to make a post about this when I have the energy, but more colony control/options. E.g. Think Canada and the many stages it went through, from being micromanaged by Great Britain to having Britain control it's forign policy to an independant nation.

I just think it would be nice to have more control over colonies/vassals/capitulation. "Sure, you can capitulate, but you must run our civics and we control who you trade with. MUAHAHAHAHA".

Exactly. Any good game should be 1/3 sound, 1/3 graphics, and 1/3 code. Text is so minimal that it doesn't matter.

I disagree; if we could have significantly improved gameplay in Civ V, I'd settle for minimal graphics, I don't think they'd need to be much more complex than Civ I plus a health bar for units really. Just enough to tell everything apart and tell whose it is. I generally turn off music, and only want sound that tells me when something is happening.

My computer cost me $750 of my own money and runs Civ IV on highest graphics with no problem.

I have three years behind of strong civholism and I have only one quite simple request.
Improved Victory videos!
I have a strong feeling that there is some nostalgic reasons why way more committed old civfarts will raise to barricades if Civ5 would have completely new ways to announce well earned victory, but come on! There has been so many nights when after an intensive and exhausting civ-session those max. 2min videos or worst case scenario, that almost insulting diplomatic victory animation, gives more like a feeling of a hangover than celebration. Not to mention that little congratulation text on the bottom of the view. Couple of exclamation marks in the end of that ".. wins a diplomatic victory" written with Times is hardly enough to compensate those tears and joy what you have given to your precious civilization.
So, please. Civ5 victory parties needs a facelift!

I also like civ3 better than civ 4-bring back attack and defence values like in civ3.

Top Bottom