The Civ V wish-list!!!

My first wish is "Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V". :coffee:
Seconded :rolleyes:
Second: Beyond the document proposed by Dom I suggest we sub-contract or something. Perhaps a new site to handle this.
We'll think about it, but I was thinking e-mail or something
Third:Game set-up screens for all, or most of these ideas.
4th: Vanilla Civ V would be a result of near consensus and ability to implement.:smoke:
more later...(Civ V icon here!)

Uh, Yeah! Okay...

That is the best idea for Religions thus far, amls66!!! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: !!!
If you look under "Chapter 3: #7", I've put in a link to your page.

Since I see that people are already wanting for a better version (myself added) I figured that we should rather than have all sorts of ideas being cluttered into one thread we could spread them out according to what idea if you will that they fit too? Who's with me on this?

For Instance we could have a single thread dealing with a said topic such as religions,nations,units, techs, ect.

Is anyone (along with myself if someone Else does to) willing to search through these threads and compile each and every idea to fit a category in which more could be done from there?

It's not The one, but one of the multipul ones that will get sent, acording to all the other threads on Civ 5. And any help is greatly appreciated. As of now, I know of no solid ways on contacting to actual people who make the game. We will need to do some research to find that out.

And that reminds me, Has anyone actualy heard from the companies that Civ 5 is even planned\in the works? Me and stormrage both created threads on the rumor that they were going to, but no solid evidence.
Well, I know Apolyton sends a single list. I don't know CfC's history on the subject, but I'd highly recommend one single, well-organized, well-documented list of that sort by the CfC community.

The last I heard was that Firaxis wanted to put off making Civ5 for longer than usual, since civ4 is so moddable. IMHO, this simply gives us more time to build a better list. :D

Is anyone (along with myself if someone Else does to) willing to search through these threads and compile each and every idea to fit a category in which more could be done from there?
I'm willing to search the threads for ideas and lump them into categories, but perhaps it's best to simply wait for a new sub-forum to this one "The Civ V List" or something...?

Once this initial list is created (from the threads that make it to the new subforum), we can see about creating "official" category threads for ideas to be placed into and assigning each thread to a specific person to keep updated...?

My first wish is "Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V". :coffee:
Who would we have to contact about getting a new CfC "The Civ V List" sub-forum?

Maybe we can write articles or something on it, since if we write threads, random, stupid spam people will ruin it or some other dumb thing will make it difficult.
Well, the threads are the place for random people to come in and add their ideas/thoughts. Sometimes you get some great ideas that way, though I'll admit there's always tons of duplicates and lots of useless posts to sift through, such is the task of the list-makers. If you keep it to a very small group simply writing articles, I fear you'll end up with what everyone in the group thinks is a great set of ideas, but the minute someone from outside that group sees them, they see the asteroid-sized holes in those ideas and drive asteroids through them. ;)

But, I'd imagine that in addition to the list, we might have some larger articles on specific subjects attached as well.

If we were going to have a "Civ V List" subforum, can I request that it not be under the Civ IV hierarchy ?

Diplomatic Option: Stop spying on me!
Diplomatic Option: Declare war if spy caught

If we were going to have a "Civ V List" subforum, can I request that it not be under the Civ IV hierarchy ?

It makes perfect sense not to, but I believe (though I could be wrong) the practice is to not start the next version's (in this case Civ5) forum until it's actually been confirmed as "under development", which is why I say just put it here and move it later.

It makes perfect sense not to, but I believe (though I could be wrong) the practice is to not start the next version's (in this case Civ5) forum until it's actually been confirmed as "under development", which is why I say just put it here and move it later.
Yes, while I see that as a valid point that needs consideration, I do think that more likely than not, they will come out with another one. Besides, what's the harm of doing it now? This CIV V could be made into a subsection of where it's currently at now so that it wouldn't be such a hassle if third doesn't come into existence.

*Ignights writing spark* I think this thread will get more attention if it's put in a 'Civ 5 Ideas and Requests' forum. While Civ1 and up didn't have such a forum, Civ 5 should, mostly because we, the players, wish to have a say in the basic foundations of Civ 5. So while civ 5 is'n yet on the drawing board, we all should have a forum at which we may see, right there in one place, all the threads concerning Civ 5 Ideas and Requests!

Searching the threads is a good idea, but a mass undertaking. Divideing this thread is (in my eyes) not a great idea, but this thread can't become like the Petition thread, or even shut down, because it only covers all the topics. But as of right now, while in this forum, the multipul threads will get separated, or lost to the 'no-new-posts' pile.

One solution is to make a sub-sub forum, like 'Civ 5 Wishlist, but that will make this thread seem like a dictator, and I don't want it to look like a dictator. If it's stickied, so much the better, but with multipul threads, it all will stand out.

Any Ideas on this?

Future Tech:

Have the game being constantly updated by Firaxis, so that they can create new techs for the future ages, who says that the ages end in the Modern age? Go into space! Make it so that you can expand the playing realm, and go into space.

I.E. a map that allows interplanetary/innergalatic travel between planets.

But, still, have future tech that does stuff, not just add to your final score.

I.E. "We've researched: Hydrogen Pellet Energy Weapons! We can now build Laser Infantry" (You think up a better name on the fly!)

Limits:

Get rid of them! Civilizations don't last until 2050 (Yeah, I'm stuck with III) so don't stop the game! Just expound on it, expand the game.

Land Transports:

Allow them atk/def values as well! Don't just let them be transports that get destroyed. Heck, make them overland assault vehicles. (AT-AT's anybody?)

Workers:

More types of workers, your workers will fight back against invaders. Slave's won't, but they work harder, of course!

Nukes:

More types of nukes, not just ICBM's and Tac. Nukes, make bombs that you place in a bomber! The Enola Gay didn't drop an ICBM on Hiroshima!

...This meant [CivII ZOC] you really could secure your borders more efficiently, with units fortified on hills and mountains etc...

What about having a tax slider for a "national border defense?" Your border, if assigned tax dollars, functions as a force field of sorts, and enemy units take a proportional hit (and cost you money) when crossing it? Could solve a lot of "problems" with borders and ZOC defense schemes...

In fact, I'm generally for a lot fewer units overall. I hate spending five minutes moving each of my units... I'd rather a more general "army 3 here, defend against the north (Most solid, Least spread defense); army 4 cloud cover this jungle for any stragglers (Least solid, most spread defense), army 6 approach Berlin from the West cautiously (minimize casualty offense)..."

Get rid of workers, get rid of eight units defending a city... One or two armies per city is _plenty_ for me.

When conquering a rival civilization, or even just one city, you learn from that civilzation.

EX: 1. You can now build that civilization's UU/UB.
2. Even though you are already researching another tech, you now are
able to finish researching the tech they were researching.
3. If you already have discovered that tech, you have the option
of "selling" it to the highest bidder.
4. You automatically gain access to their world map.

Quite an impressive list. Some of these ideas appeared in Civ 4 in some form or another, but if Sid saw this list and implemented some of these suggestions in future "Civ" titles, we could have some very impressive and addictive games on our hands over the next few years.

Top Bottom