• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

@impalabeeper

Sea trade is disabled for TCW (and in pretty much every El Justo scenario). This is one of the techniques used to make the game play much faster. It also allows some resources to be used for a variety of improvements that require a specific resource. With no trade on, the placement of the improvements/wonders can be restricted to certain specific geographical regions.

El Justo,
have you consider the tweaking of getting a special kind of aircraft to be landed on carriers.
Doesn´t like the idea of having a B-29 land on a Midway Class aircraft carrier in the start of my trying out this scenario.

I tested re-basing the Skyraider to Hawaii then re-base the B-29 to the carrier from Guam. Felt a bit strange .....

I think I read something about putting a tag on the aircrafts that should not be able to land on carriers. But beside other effects, like having the AI messing things up, the upgrade might turn out wrong. Whatever you have tested might even be in this looooong thread, but please update me if you got a spare moment.

In my book this would you have special lines of fighters and light attack bombers.
F9 Panther upgrade to F8 Crusader then F4 Phantom ending in F-14 Tomcat, all serving on carriers.
Then the same with Skyraiders ending up with F-18 Tomcats

Having the likes of F86 Sabres and finally F15s taking care of the landbased fighters.

Anything for the future ???

That sounds like a feature that was included with the 1950s version, as I specifically recall it from the development process. It's certainly been done in El J's Vietnam scenario.
But to cut a long story short, the process you outline is viable.

That sounds like a feature that was included with the 1950s version, as I specifically recall it from the development process. It's certainly been done in El J's Vietnam scenario.
But to cut a long story short, the process you outline is viable.

I hope El Justo looks over this for the next version. The TCW Fifties scenario might not be playable since it was not based on the last version 1.6

I noticed that whenever I bomb a city with the A3 Skywarrior or AJ Savage the unit image will float to the top of the screen, then it flies an attack run starting from the top of the screen.

Is that because they have the missile option checked or a bug or something?

I may have overdone it a bit with the nukes. All the cities in Eastern Europe, Yugoslavia, a few in central Asia and almost all the Chinese cities are glowing. Most interestingly though, I have not been on the receiving end of a nuclear strike.

There's so much pollution that Global Warming is starting to alter the terrain.

I once had so many nukes go off that each turn have 20 to 30 warming msgs, what a pain. It was a game someone posted saying they could not win. I think there were more than 400 nukes.

I once had so many nukes go off that each turn have 20 to 30 warming msgs, what a pain. It was a game someone posted and could not win. I think there were more than 400 nukes.

They won that one. I probably only fired about 60 or so hitting mainly the same cities. Now that the global warming is hitting, I'm switching over to conventional strikes. Lots of aircraft and artillery.

I have noticed what I think may be a bug: I have all the resource requirements for wonders such as the Van Allen Radiation Belt, etc, but I'm unable to build them. Yes, I did build the Space Program wonder as well. Are these wonders faction specific?

I'll have to post a picture of the minimap later. There's a lot of USA green on the map.

Check the editor carefully for required items like maybe a plant. I have not played this one, but ran into issues like that in some of the others.

Is it restricted to some factions? I was going to do this one soon, but I have a new system coming on 21st, so I do not want to copy it over. Same for a few other scenarios, one download and no copy they are usually quite large.

Well the link in the first page for 1.6 takes you to Atomic gamer and it says it is v1.5? Is it really 1.6 or am on on the wrong link?

After an initial, and quite nerve racking, Soviet T-55 counter-attack, my invasion of the Soviet Union is acquiring all it's objectives right on time. Some ahead of schedule. I've captured Moscow, Leningrad, and in an interesting twist of fate, the first troops to march victoriously into Stalingrad were West German!

Instructions:
1. Watch the video, in particular the section of time noted.
2. Open the spoiler(s):

Around the 30 second mark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t4FgmaKOy8&feature=related

Spoiler :
Did you follow the instructions or just open it?
Spoiler :
Seriously, it'll be more interesting if you follow the instructions...
Spoiler :

"THE FREE WORLD WILL CONQUER COMMUNISM!!! WITH THE AID OF GOD, AND A FEW MARINES..."

Top Bottom