The Community Deity Game #15 - American

There is absolutely no rush to settle cities on this map. There is an area almost as large as most Standard size Pangaeas that no AI will settle before T150.

No, I didn't skip religion. I just didn't prioritise it.

Liberty gives you a free Settler and helps you pump out cheap Settlers when you want to. But the cities and CS still need protection. You can't protect your cities or complete barb quests with a Water Mill.

I would not have built quite so many units, but I'd still build a lot. Completing barb quests gave me many allies so that my early game was accelerated beyond yours and beyond what I would have had if I'd built less units and more buildings. In the early game, units cost less than buildings, and can bring in more yields.

I had a very rough time, but at least I did not have to retreat four-city Tradition! Previous to this win, I lost by SV T356, T351, and T348. The last of those was by a single turn before the WL vote that I had locked up. At that point, I had done as well as I could from a SIP start, so I started over from scratch to have a coastal cap.

This play, I lost four cities to the NE neighbor, only getting two of them back by the end. As Sclb described, not SIP set off the Northern AI to snowball. In my previous plays, the Northern AI was all but eliminated. This game he was often ready to break our DOF/RA, but would DOW others for single digit at those points.

• Closed out Liberty, ran Freedom: 2 points
  • None of the named wonders, 0 points. I used a GE to bulb Eiffel Tower, and that could have been Broadway, but I wanted the Happy more than the achievement point! I also had Pyramids and Big Ben (since none of the AI opened commerce) and was working on Disney.
  • Passed Freedom as WI (easy, since the NW AI went Freedom and between us, we had all the CS allied) and my WR (a bit tricky, right at the end): 2 points
  • I only got 2nd for IG (was a long way off from 1st) and ISS never came up: 0 points
  • Did not have the spare capacity for Apollo or Manhattan: 0 points
  • 1 point for (eventually) winning WL vote. Two AI had all but one SS part each.
  • Penalty: two civs killed off: -2 points

Attachments

• civ5ss-cdg15-t333dv.jpg
    civ5ss-cdg15-t333dv.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 207
Turn 258 - Diplomatic Win - 11pts

Spoiler :
1 for freedom ( didn't even notice this I just picked freedom anyway, good thing! )
1 for finished liberty
2- got ideology and my religion passed ( an AI suggested my ideology lol thanks bro, that vote was games + freedom ideology, so efficient! )
3 wonders ( broadway, cristo rendetor,statue of liberty )
1 - made manhattan
3 points for world leader vote

Suleiman crapped on me for international games despite being at war with 2 civs. He had 33 cities by the end, most of them absolute garbage.
I made many mistakes this game, one being that I build constabularies and police stations almost everywhere before realizing that I had like 8 votes over what I needed to win the vote.. whoops.
I didn't have patronage and didn't have Forbidden Palace, I went into Piety and it was pretty good, I bought every lab and every school with faith, for 9 cities. I have to say that was probably pretty worth it. Well. It WORKED... in the end...

Sorry, ten points by my count.
Turn 258 - Diplomatic Win - 11pts
Nice job! Were you never DOW’t by the AI to the NE? I see the Citadel bomb...
3 wonders ( broadway, cristo rendetor, statue of liberty )
Sorry, SoL does not earn you a point (it is Modern, not Atomic). Yes, it fits the theme, but I did not include it because, unlike Broadway and Cristo Redentor, it is quite decent -- and people would be pursuing it without it counting towards score.

Top Bottom