The Deity Challenge Line-up #27 - Danemark's challenge

Two words: river + mountain. I saw it was on *claimed* land a bit late but nobody complained yet. As you can see, I piled all of my military there so that nobody can get any funny ideas :D

I like my chances very much, Scholars in Residence just got passed so I might see this one finish in 250 ;)
Where did Sejong even plant his second city? In my playthrough, it was very much near your location.

I have no idea, I'm gonna kick out a few ships to circle around the landmass and see what I can find out, you see I was lazy with scouts my scouts got killed by barb horsemen early

@stormtrooper412
Guess that explains it ,tho my 5th city(see picture) was also river+mountain with unique lux(incense) and one more wine..(on your screenshot it;s Paccha's city closest to Copenhagen)

I contemplated settling the NW up north but ultimately chose not to, might have been a mistake, who knows

my scouts got killed by barb horsemen early

^ This. Both my scouts and my starting warrior were massacred by a swarm of barbs. The 'gift' worker that many are talking about was a trap, not a gift, at least in my case. T3 I met that CS by finding their very early worker wandering more than 10 tiles from his home, took a step towards him, and was surrounded and savaged.

The scouts encountered not only barb horsemen pre-T20 but also CB and very soon after, swords, longswords and just before I quit, a knight.

I guess the barb personnel is determined in a similar way to the CS: they can have what is widely available to the AIs. So when the AIs hit medieval on T40-45 then they can have those units.

Joy.

In my game, AIs started hitting Medieval in the 20s :lol:

I was fortunate to have cleared out 3 barb camps around before they could spiral out of control

Yup,the good move was to que 1-2 archers and 1 warrior probably,i also lost one archer to comp bow horseman combo,also somewhere aroun t100ish a musket spawned in the fog between Copenhangen and the northern city(with Rock of Gibraltar),now that was a first!

That's uhh... interesting. Stole Currency, Theology and Education for a nice T95 Education. I guess having an AI getting that fast to Renaissance has its advantage :p

Will attempt domination :shifty:

Regarding barbs that's the kind of stuff I would remove if I were to do it again, as well as the AI being allied to a CS on T0.

Edit: Things are going rather well in fact so far. Ready to rush Sejong with 10 artilleries on turn 165. Stealing my way through the tech web.

I derped and put a spy in one random city figuring the counter intel might not be working there, I kind of forgot about that spy 50 turns later :lol:

Ready to rush Sejong with 10 artilleries on turn 165. Stealing my way through the tech web.
So basically it's like regular Deity? :p The AI's are so ahead that you use it to your advantage by stealing all the techs they have and then they slow down anyway because they can't tech to begin with and rely on frontloaded bonuses? :p

Are u doing a LP Acken? Would love to watch it.

My game goes fairly well so far. Got religion, unis up in all 4 cities t100. Got HG aswell as only Russia went Tradition. Lost one scout late to barbs, got trapped. Other than that no probs with barbs. Posted 2 units strategical to prevent campspawning in my area.
Lots of luxes and quite many possible settling spots. Interested in more screenshots where u guys settled :).

If someone wins a non-SV victory on this map, then I'll replay it.

So basically it's like regular Deity? :p The AI's are so ahead that you use it to your advantage by stealing all the techs they have and then they slow down anyway because they can't tech to begin with and rely on frontloaded bonuses? :p

I played this. My early trade route was pulling 9 beakers from Sejong. I'm pretty sure I could have made some headway with Berserkers if I wasnt so lazy. The cities had a low 20s defense. I think someone should try.

all done

Attachments

• denmark.jpg
    denmark.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 321
Spoiler :
What a crazy map. Early horseman barbs are a menace to society. The science leach was amazing, even though I didn't get any early trade routes sent to me. I couldn't send my first cargo to the capital immediately, and got 8 spt and 22 gpt from an early sea route. That was enough gold for me to buy two libraries, settle 5 cities before my NC, and still get Education on turn 103. I was able to rush 2 universities.

I went all-in peaceful science, and paid tribute to Sejong and Pacachuti early on to keep the peace. My military sucked after having 3 archers pretty early. My final screen shot proudly displays a catapult, warrior, and some other weak-sauce units. It didn't matter because Danish wine is the sh*t and nobody wanted to bite the hand the feeds. I managed to have 7 DOFs going simultaneously for 11 turns before ideologies broke up the party. I went Freedom the same turn that Sejong went Order, and everyone followed him and his impressive tourism except Assyria. It didn't matter, because Order had Freedom's back in this cage and the DOFs kept coming.

I managed to secure Plastics on Turn 191 despite taking detours for archeologists and Fertilizer, but I wasn't able to close out the game very effectively. I had 5-6 turns where I couldn't prevent unhappiness and had to stagnate sooner than I wanted to in order to keep what growth I could. I also sent my trade routes outward a little too soon, and finished with more gold than I needed. I forgot about my faith GS until after Hubble was built, and could have shaved some turns off by bulbing 1 tech sooner. I was a lot closer to nailing down the bulb timing this game than some others, so it could have been worse too.

It was a strange but fun game. I think the AI was a bit handicapped when every single one of them opened with full Aesthetics. One less tech might have made them stronger by forcing an opening tree. I probably could have built any of the early wonders, which felt weird. Still, the first pantheon went off the board on turn 2 and the PT was built on turn 106, so some things happened really fast too.

Attachments

• DCL27.jpg
    DCL27.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 247
  • DCL27_Every1LovesMe.jpg
    DCL27_Every1LovesMe.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 233
Top Bottom