The Deity Challenge Line-up #27 - Danemark's challenge

Spoiler :
I think the AI was a bit handicapped when every single one of them opened with full Aesthetics. One less tech might have made them stronger by forcing an opening tree. I probably could have built any of the early wonders, which felt weird. Still, the first pantheon went off the board on turn 2 and the PT was built on turn 106, so some things happened really fast too.

I agree with this.

Well, hello there Sejong. I think you confused me with Oda. Here, have some Wine.

I did something unprecedented: built a warrior and archer right after monument and protected my Almaty worker slaving away. Unfortunately, that delayed my shrine and my religion, so Pachacuti converted my cities. Bleh. Pumping units also delayed my expanson by a bit, but with stolen everything, I still hit t100 Education with a rush-bought university. I was the guy who stole Acoustics. :p My own research was coming 2 turns after a social policy, so it was a nice steal. Sejong denounced me, though.

The plan is to try out Xcom rush or something, but honestly I don't feel a huge difference with other maps. The AI still do not expand rapidly or build a lot of units or rush you and can be bribed nicely.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 262
What exactly were the AI bonuses given? Or is Acken secretly playing as every single AI during this game?

What exactly were the AI bonuses given? Or is Acken secretly playing as every single AI during this game?

The answer is: (don't read unless prepared for the ultimate spoiler)

Spoiler :
AIs started with a pre-built city containing numerous buildings, including NC. Also they had a T0 CS alliance each.

Regarding barbs that's the kind of stuff I would remove if I were to do it again.
That would actually help the AIs, since they would be able to clear camps with superior units, get CS influence, some gold, and open paths for expansion.

But I am afraid no matter what you do, the game is still going to be more or less the same. I stopped playing at t150 for now because all in all it felt very much the same; just faster tech times. Stealing Currency, Theology, Guilds, Acoustics, Economics in fact made it somewhat easier because I had a slow start. The AI still behaves the same way, and that can only be solved by better AI programming, which we can't do here. I guess the really difficult maps are the maps with Dido/Shaka/Oda next door spamming units, like in the Polynesia DCL or the Netherlands DCL. Or a super runaway Sejong.

I suppose for a "challenge" you should have Shaka/Dido on your continent, a peaceful Brazil/Korea combo on the other and throw in Greece somewhere :lol:

edit: man, I can't believe I wasted my spies in this game, I should have had stuff up much sooner

That would actually help the AIs, since they would be able to clear camps with superior units, get CS influence, some gold, and open paths for expansion.

But I am afraid no matter what you do, the game is still going to be more or less the same. I stopped playing at t150 for now because all in all it felt very much the same; just faster tech times. Stealing Currency, Theology, Guilds, Acoustics, Economics in fact made it somewhat easier because I had a slow start. The AI still behaves the same way, and that can only be solved by better AI programming, which we can't do here. I guess the really difficult maps are the maps with Dido/Shaka/Oda next door spamming units, like in the Polynesia DCL or the Netherlands DCL. Or a super runaway Sejong.

Culture and domination aren't going to be the same as normal Deity. From my game it looks possible (domination) but this is harder than what I usually fight. Great war infantry and Cossack usually take longer to get on the battlefield.

Like I said in the other thread, peaceful SV ignores the AI so yes it's going to be the same.

There's one thing I forgot to mention, and it's surely a bug because I know for a fact that the information in the screenie is wrong. It appeared like this 2 turns before I finished and didn't change. Now, I don't know what really happened, but if someone did indeed finish before me, then it's a big asterisk next to my win time in this, obviously, but I get bonus points for getting to Future Tech :D

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 257
Don't think I have them. I overwrote those autosaves because my buffer has been set to 10

I think they built them but did not get them to the capital. Sometimes they just sit around for no reason. Sometimes there is a worker in the capital and it won't go in. There are all manner of bugs. See the Indian MadDjinn game.

On the turn that I won T321 SV with Celts, Washington had all parts but I launched first as I had priority turn order. He had had (sorry for the confusion but its English past perfect) those parts for 2-3 turns before I launched, which meant that they were on their way or sitting about. I just had a strange feeling that he would have launched that same turn.

It would've been extremely cool if your rockets would've crashed into each other and some 3rd party would've won. Something like that was possible in Civ2 - the first launcher didn't necessarily win.

Ok, I'll just go & hide in the corner again so let the on topic discussion resume.

I've seen that before too when the AI has a worker parked in the capital and builds parts in other cities. I've never actually seen it launch when it gets stuck like that. I've used a spy/diplomat and watched the worker sit for 15+ turns.

@Grendeldef

Yes, you've reminded me why I didn't like Civ 2 much. The time of journey seemed to be really crappy. And although you got a higher score for 2 population modules it just made it take longer.

@nmp0098

Yeah, it's yet another stupid bug. I think I might go back to disabling SV when I play my private games. Get the AI up and out of their seats.

@Grendeldef

Yes, you've reminded me why I didn't like Civ 2 much. The time of journey seemed to be really crappy. And although you got a higher score for 2 population modules it just made it take longer.

Sorry about that. As a gaming experience I might still prefer II over V but I have no intent to go back to playing II. I'll go back to my corner feeling sorry now.

Top Bottom