The demo is a waste of time

Does anyone else here share my opinion that the demo is boring as hell?

The reason for why I was so bored wasn't because I think the actual game is bad, but because the limited options mean I have no real sense of control. And because I already know the game will end automatically on the 100th turn I already know in advance that nothing I do serves any real purpose and thus I never got any sense of epicness or accomplishment whatsoever.

I mean what is the point in trying to create a civilization if you already know that everything you do will instantly be for nothing the moment you hit the 100th turn? It just felt like a waste of time the whole time I was playing the demo.

Still, all of these problems have more to do with the demo itself more then anything else and I still look forward to playing the actual full game once it is released on the 23rd.

The only good reason for why anyone would want to download the demo in my opinion is to see if your computer can play the game and to get familiar with the interfaces.

None the less, do you agree that playing the demo feels like a waste of time more then anything else because of the issues I listed?

yup, I played the demo, just to see how well it will run. well it runs, but with the lowest graphical settings. I need to upgrade my graphics board it seems ... (its a crappy nvidia 256 mb, bought four years ago ...)

not really sure if its worth it though, as I hear the max settings dont look all too great anyway ?

Well, this could be said of any demo, n'est pas?

It's not a waste of time to me. I have to wait till the 24th to play the full game, so having the demo is kind of like an appetizer to the main course.

Not waste at all.

Just only 10-15 minutes of demo give me an assurance that my poor CPU would survive this little scary beast (so call CiV), :cool:

or pay more money to upgrade before everything will be messed up!!! :mad:

Im currently at my first game and I love it. How do you think its a wast of time? just enjoy the ride! In the end, the real game kicks you out when you reach the victory condition, so what? I love to spend my time on it until release.

The demo has been a nice taster and has confirmed my pc can run max settings (shame the rivers are so poor)! I knew not buying food for several months would pay off.

Join in the demo comp to get the highest food etc that I saw around here somewhere if you want your demo experience to be a bit richer.

Demo is a nice impression to see what the game looks like, how it works on my PC, but it's not too much fun playing just 100 turns. It makes me restless, the full version is available the 24th here, so I guess I'm just gonna do other things in the meanwhile, and not play the demo again. 4GB was a bit much though... People who have to wait until the 24th should get more than 100 turns imo!

If I recall the Civ 4 demo I was India and cranked out Stonehenge with the help of some forest chops just in time for the demo to end. I was addicted then and hundreds of games later am ready to go with Civ 5 as soon as I get to leave work! :mad:

nothing I do serves any real purpose and thus I never got any sense of epicness or accomplishment whatsoever.

What?! What a bummer! The demo version doesn't give you a sense of epicness or accomplishment . I can't believe this. How dare they! What is this some kind of teaser or something, some kind of small part of the game or something, some kind of demo or wait a minute.....a demo? Did you say demo? Nevermind, I take back everything I said. It's a demo!

You aren't suppose to play a demo for 20 hours. Demos are supposed to be a 30minute taste of the full game.

Heh, the demo just confirmed that the game runs fine with full settings. The only funny thing that I noticed it that the fog of war to me is just grey hexacons. Doesn't really bother me as long as I can play the game fine. :p

My FIRST impression of the demo is that the game is very very easy, goes very fast on standard, does not feel like a civ game, and makes me feel like I am watching the civ rather than taking part in it.

I was able to conquer the nearby city state with 3 units, and then those same units to bring an AI civ to its knees.

Oh yeah, and the AI Civ attacked me with a worker! Just ran him to my capital where I captured him...

I played the demo on prince, and now I shall try it on deity.

... makes me rethink my pre-order.

Well, 1 minute to go before the download completes..
Wondering, fearing, doubting..

Top Bottom