[BTS] The Dilemma

The game is called Dilemma. The tracker file had the name as dilemma ... different name ... thus a borked tracker.

btw ... the gmail forwarding appeared to have worked :) ... but it doesn't have approval to send and email to rodrigo - request email resent.

Strongly suggest we post here when we complete the first turn just to find any bugs.

HOUSE RULES
No declaration of war can occur in the first two turns

Looking for some clarity around the above. I have the game and it is already Turn 2 ... but this is the 1st turn that I have seen the game. So ... can I DoW on Turn 3 (not the first two turns of the game) or Turn 4 (not the first two turns I have played) ... which is it?

Also ... one of my warriors has Woodsman II but doesn't get double movement through a forest. Have others seen this?

Edit: I WB'd a warrior into a game with the same promotions ... Woodie II, Hills II, Mobility (can use enemy roads), combat I and Mobility (-1 terrain costs) ... the result ... he can only move 1 tile per turn over hills and through forests.

If I remove the mobility ... he can move 2 tiles over hills and through forests.

Do I win a prize for finding the first mix up?

A horse archer with mobility ignores terrain costs and moves 2 tiles per turn - the units full set of movements regardless of terrain. So ... the mobility promo is completely destroying the woodie and hills promos :(.

Last edited:
So ... can I DoW on Turn 3 (not the first two turns of the game) or Turn 4 (not the first two turns I have played) ... which is it?
You can DoW on Turn 3. Meaning that you can DoW when you receive your next turn.
Warmonger!!! :p

Hey ... I just want to follow the house rules.

Also ... one of my warriors has Woodsman II but doesn't get double movement through a forest. Have others seen this?

Edit: I WB'd a warrior into a game with the same promotions ... Woodie II, Hills II, Mobility (can use enemy roads), combat I and Mobility (-1 terrain costs) ... the result ... he can only move 1 tile per turn over hills and through forests.

If I remove the mobility ... he can move 2 tiles over hills and through forests.

Do I win a prize for finding the first mix up?

A horse archer with mobility ignores terrain costs and moves 2 tiles per turn - the units full set of movements regardless of terrain. So ... the mobility promo is completely destroying the woodie and hills promos :(.

Noticed the same, probably nothing to be done about that anymore. But what happens when that unit tries to move through woody hills ;) ? Kinda weird, moving fast when terrain is hardest.

Noticed the same, probably nothing to be done about that anymore.
Restart?

Woodie II does not work with mobility? Like Sinimusta says, it only works when it is in a hilly forest! :crazyeye:

Sorry about that! :sad:
I guess that I should have tested it... but I assumed it worked...

Last edited:
I am not adverse to a restart.

Re that particular unit. Remove the mobility promo and that unit will get double movement thru forests / over hills.

Rodrigo, Sinimusta, Michkov? What are your thoughts on this?

Who has the file now? Is it you, Ruff?

I have it.

There are 3 votes in favour. So I will restart.

And I might add one more special unit. And you think... "one more unit? One more coin of expense? Noooooooo!"

File sent to Rodrigo. For me it's about my 5th start... and there were still some minor issues in the 5th.... but, what the heck! Nothing major, I hope.

Last edited:
I thought we're restarting, I just got turn 2. Not sure how I should proceed, waiting for advice.

Remember to delete the file that the game created last time.

Top Bottom