1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Doktor's Icon Request Workshop

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Graphics modpacks' started by DoktorApplejuce, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Howard Tafty

Howard Tafty Minister-Chairman

I'm not to sure if its fully stable so if anything I will test it on some other computer later so it doesnt mess with my main CiV copy.

Also one last icon that you could make for me? possibly?
    Spoiler :

this not high priority right now you are free to complete it whenever you want.

2. onmy6

onmy6 Prince

I was curious so I tested it and it works fine absolutely nothing wrong with it... good to go :thumbsup: must have been a bottle neck in your pc pagefile Doktor

3. DoktorApplejuce

DoktorApplejuce Champion of Kirkwall

Well, that's a bit of a relief. Thanks for testing it. Any ideas on how to resolve it?

4. DoktorApplejuce

Something like this suit your tastes?

5. DoktorApplejuce

Considering just how indistinguishable the icons are from their background, I'd highly recommend a different colour selection for a couple of these. That being said, here are the ones you asked for:

6. onmy6

onmy6 Prince

Well If you haven't done already first and foremost I would suggest uninstalling civ5, then before you reinstall it run a cleaning program like "CCleaner" or "Wise Disk Cleaner" both of which are free, then run a registry cleaning program to clean out the registry of redundant and bogus entries, then disable your pagefile.sys through advanced system settings, reboot your PC, when booted up re-enble your pagefile.sys again using custom settings, generally the rule of thumb is 1.5 the size of your RAM but you can go up to 3x the size of your RAM if you choose that's if of course you have a 64bit PC if you have a 32bit PC then the setting are different again, then re-install Civ5 now that's worse case scenario or you could just re install CIV5 and hope for the best

PS: here's a small screen shot of your hand work
    Civ5Screen0008.jpg

7. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I work in IT. I heavily recommend being very, very careful what you do on these steps. Very.

8. onmy6

onmy6 Prince

Really so do I mate in fact I'm a network engineer with A+ and Net+

9. Mosile

Mosile Overruler Of the Movian Empire

All I can Say is Altosia (first one) Looks a lot better than i thought and might be than my Movis Icon.

The bulwell, im not fond of the design i made and will just make it a temporary place holder.

I now see a few choices were poorly made (and a few designs kinda suck but ill figure something out in the future) do you have any suggestions on whar might look better, ether just saying or recoloring icons to a more conferting taste?

10. DoktorApplejuce

Well then, in that case, I'll just try the uninstall/reinstall thing and see if that works, since I'm a little bit technologically illiterate for someone my age. If that doesn't work, I'll just hold off on the other steps for now.

Glad the unit looks OK, though the top of the hat/fez wasn't supposed to be black. If I can get it working on my end, I'll try and fix that.

11. DoktorApplejuce

My biggest suggestion is to not have two colours that are extremely dark. If one must be dark, the other should not be.

12. DoktorApplejuce

These were fun. I liked having a chance to do something not Eurocentric. Also liked reading up a little on both of these guys.

13. Antagonise

Antagonise Warlord

Those are great, thank you so much!

14. onmy6

onmy6 Prince

Hi Doktor

Try the uninstall/reinstall and see how you go, if that doesn't work PM me and I'll give my email and I'll walk you through the process contrary to ldvhl well meaning misguidance it's not that difficult and it's not that dangerous although it would help if you were alittle computer literate hence why I'll walk you through it. The registry part is vital though, To put it in laymen terms when a program corrupts quite often it will leave entities within the registry that will not uninstall and are left behind even if you use a third party uninstall program, so consequently when the program is reinstalled sometimes those entities will remain and re-corrupt the program. However hopefully the uninstall/reinstall is all that is needed, let me know how you get on :)

15. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

16. DoktorApplejuce

Unfortunately, 3D art, even conversions from Civ 4, is not something I'm able to do. Some of the programs required to do that don't seem to want to work properly on my computer, and as such, I haven't had a chance to learn how to create new units.

17. Mosile

Mosile Overruler Of the Movian Empire

Thanks for the advise and for your work

18. DoktorApplejuce

Alright, here ya go!

Though, correct me if I'm wrong, you had also asked for a leader icon fairly recently as well, right? I'm not seeing that on here anymore. Do you no longer need that?

19. Howard Tafty

Howard Tafty Minister-Chairman

Yeah I didnt it was an accident with the loads of pictures I save :lol:.

20. DoktorApplejuce

Ok, good, so I'm not going insane, haha.

BTW, the colours there are very similar to the Nyasaland one, did you want one of them changed a bit, or no?