I last posted a DYOS comic *checks watch* almost two years ago, and left a thread hanging. I don't know if I'll ever come back and finish it, so here are some words on what I wanted to do with that.

The thread is, for all intents and purposes, dead, and I wanted to give it a dignified ending. The final arc of the story began with TK finding his way across space to Civfanatics servers, where the timeslines of DYOSes past, present, and future converge. He had long moved on from his DYOS adventures but was still haunted by his past. Seeing the decayed ruins that DYOS has become, he decided to activate "Plot's End" and end the timeline. Not just the current thread, but all entangling timelines going back all the way to the first DYOS thread. The button started a countdown to the end of the universe - or, at least, the end of this universe. It also informed the rest of DYOS participants in the timeline, past or present, of impending doom. This is where we are so far.

From there, Thorvald can use his powers as Consul to fast travel to the servers where there would be a confrontation with TK. Ultimately, TK would reveal that the process cannot be stopped, but there would be plenty of opportunity for participants to save what they want to be saved.

At the end, I intended to retire my character for good. If I join DYOS again, it would be with a completely new character.

So anyway, that was my plan. Don't know what anyone else thinks but if it sounds good to people, but no one gets around to drawing it, maybe just pretend that's what happened iunno

It's funny because the intended Long Arc™ actually resolved in something very close to this: CG would 'find' inner peace and finally fix his reputation by brainwashing the universe, and the Final Battle tied together basically everyone, for and against. (It was, effectively, a broader-strokes version of Kan/Cap's cancelled Comic Lords plot.) It's a shame we all got struck by teh capitali$m, because it would've been an apt and natural send-off to the series.

Just when I was able to start drawing regularly.

I did get as far as writing down some character and plot ideas and even some rough sketches of the characters. I didn't get far, just some background without much details as I didn't want to involve much of the actual plot. The way I planned to have my characters enter didn't depend on the plot.

I mean, I'm a stubborn bastard and have vowed multiple times that I will see Part II through if it's literally the last thing I do before I die, so don't hold back on our account. :yumyum:

I... I still have things I want to do in Part II even if I never really cared enough to get involved in 12, but I don't think I have the time or the comic-making skills to do them

A couple months late to the anniversary, but DYORPG 1.1 is here! In addition to a plethora of UI polishes, the fight with Coruscant has been rebalanced to hopefully prove less of a grind.

Go hype it on dA and Side 7, and remember to subskrub 2 my Paytreon for that sweet, sweet [JUICE QUEST]!

On a semi-related note, this was technically ready last month but DeviantArt introduced a YouTube-style automod and I was stuck on hold getting some pages unflagged: For the first time since tailless' archive dump went down, my pages for DYOS 8 and 9 are archived! These feature my trademark retrospective annotations, a few touch-ups from the original files, and a Never-Before-Seen™ bonus comic!

At some point I mean to rehost FUI, possibly with better compression; I'll include my own remasters and/or PNG optimizations, and if anyone's stumbled on their own Lost Episodes I can add 'em to the pack (cough cough @Angst go grab Dae's portfolio :smoke:).

A couple months late to the anniversary, but DYORPG 1.1 is here! In addition to a plethora of UI polishes, the fight with Coruscant has been rebalanced to hopefully prove less of a grind.

Go hype it on dA and Side 7, and remember to subskrub 2 my Paytreon for that sweet, sweet [JUICE QUEST]!

For some reason I missed the original launch way back when and my Deviantart activity is very infrequent so I saw this late. But oh wow, I'm very very impressed.

Unfortunately, I had to stop payments on Paytreon because they changed their billing processing to Dublin, Ireland which triggered a fraud protection on my bank card. I ended up having to call my bank to unlock my card. I wasn’t the only one that had an issue with Payton changing their billing process:

It's funny because the intended Long Arc™ actually resolved in something very close to this: CG would 'find' inner peace and finally fix his reputation by brainwashing the universe, and the Final Battle tied together basically everyone, for and against.
That reminds me!….

Goes back into the writing room

Unfortunately, I had to stop payments on Paytreon because they changed their billing processing to Dublin, Ireland which triggered a fraud protection on my bank card. I ended up having to call my bank to unlock my card. I wasn’t the only one that had an issue with Payton changing their billing process:
Aye, a third art site I'm on had the rug pulled out from under their revenue stream at month's start because of this. If they've moved their billing address to Dublin it probably means they're cheating taxes—but it's the clients committing "fraud". :rolleyes: Suffice to say, Patreon has made no official statement on the creator end.

I'd set up a Ko-Fi but they don't support my intermediary and I refuse to use PayPal.

GenMarshall said:
That reminds me!….

Goes back into the writing room
Y'know just last night I was thinking of issuing an ultimatum to get the Opera Scene or I'm repurposing the Republic of Coruscant as the Republic of FURuscant. :mwaha:

Top Bottom