The easiness of the Turkish language is awfully overestimated

QarQing

Chieftain
I honestly don't understand why many people outright keep claiming that "it's the easiest language to learn". It's not easy. I mean, firstly, for an English speaker, Turkish is likely to be a lot harder than languages such as German or Spanish because:
1. Turkish isn't even related to German or Spanish. It's grammar spelling and pronounciation bears nothing at all.
2. It's really hard to distinguish vowels such as ö and o, and ü and u
And some people say that it's phonetic and underestimate how irregular grammar is. In Turkish, there are 13 irregular verbs which although is a relatively small number, the 13 irregular verbs are among the most common words in the Turkish language. It isn't 100% phonetic either. In Turkish, we have a palatalized K (broad and slender K), palatalized G (makes all the voiced counterparts of K) and L (both dark and light L). We even have that weird letter "ğ" which is silent and causes the other vowels after it to be silent aswell (ex: In Ağaç, the ğa digraph is silent so it's pronounced ach). Anyway that's my rant.

nobody has ever said anything like that in CFC or whatever . They do not want to learn Turkish . They WILL want to hate Turkish . And all Turks . And like the only person that had EVAH had any problems with ğ has been the Last Prime Minister , in a plot to show he is an uneducated fool in the manner of millions . Politics is show business afterall .

nobody has ever said anything like that in CFC or whatever . They do not want to learn Turkish . They WILL want to hate Turkish . And all Turks . And like the only person that had EVAH had any problems with ğ has been the Last Prime Minister , in a plot to show he is an uneducated fool in the manner of millions . Politics is show business afterall .
For these reasons?

yes , am aware newly joined people might start many threads . Of those who picked up subjects that ı might respond to have been really few in number . One or two like famously CIA , too ... You are not , are you ?

yes , am aware newly joined people might start many threads . Of those who picked up subjects that ı might respond to have been really few in number . One or two like famously CIA , too ... You are not , are you ?
Where did you get all that info from though?

basically he appeared to trying to turn me . With how the leadership got the best babes , how hopeless it was and how the people (whom ı was supposed to be eager to die for) would never appreaciate the effort . The reason for that MIGHT have been an effort to convince their assets here and elsewhere that they were serious in fighting a specific type of Turk .

basically he appeared to trying to turn me . With how the leadership got the best babes , how hopeless it was and how the people (whom ı was supposed to be eager to die for) would never appreaciate the effort . The reason for that MIGHT have been an effort to convince their assets here and elsewhere that they were serious in fighting a specific type of Turk .
Who appeared trying to turn to you?

uhm , let me give you my card ...

18-08-2023.jpg

what's more , the software that finds similar threads has somehow also managed to find an awesome Civ lll story . Nobody actually cares but in Turkey we also have a systematic campaign that has gained speed ... in replacing the Republic once again , and stuff . CFC members only advised to read the story , if that's their thing or something .

In Turkish, we have a palatalized K (broad and slender K)
Yes, that's what happens when you move to a Latin alphabet after adopting a major portion of your vocabulary from Arabic. At least, I presume that's what you're talking about
palatalized G (makes all the voiced counterparts of K) and L (both dark and light L)
No idea what any of this means
We even have that weird letter "ğ" which is silent and causes the other vowels after it to be silent aswell
'Ğ' actually used to be voiced not long ago. I think it should still be voiced in some still-existant variants as well (is this so, @r16?) Doesn't 'ğ' just extend the previous vowel? I personally pronounce it by approaching the 'غ' sound but not actually voicing it all the way. (Sometimes I just pronounce it as 'غ')

not my field of expertise , extending the preceding sound thing is probably the thing because that's probably what ı am doing . When it was accepted , it should have had a reason , will not accept any reforms and whatever because everybody knows who the reformers would be these days . Actually my concern this morning is that the dream in which [the first person in Hollywood ı have been accused of having an affair with] looked about 20 and 30 years ago ; dear people in the big city nearby your guesses as to whom will be wrong all along and was skittish about some issue we could not ever have or something . And of course dumped me the second ı turned around to solve some other thing .

Top Bottom