The Evil Double-Attacking Rifleman.

Dude, completely disagree. The double attack or attack/move is huge whether attacking a city or a unit.

Double-attack is straight forward enough, you can attack a unit twice or a city twice, nice.

Attack/Move you are way undervaluing. If you attack an adjacent target and don't win, you can move away allowing a fully healed unit their turn. On a city in particular this is huge. If it has only 3 attack tiles and you have 6 units, all 6 units can still attack at full health. That is an insane bonus.

I agree with you. And the great thing about double attacking riflemen is that if you want, you can attack/move with them instead. Thus for a city with 2 accessible tiles which are both plains, you can attack with 4 full health rifles by attack moving.

A funny thing to see is double attacking EMBARKED riflemen with amphibious.

Move/Attack/Attack

or after steam power

Move/Move/Attack/Attack

or Attack/Attack/Move + Move/Attack/Attack :)

I know. That one upgrade is Scout > Archer. Then you can pay for the upgrades.

Actually I think you would loose the ignore terrain movement when upgrading to Mech. The minuteman has that has his ability and it goes away when going to Mech I would be the same holds true for a scout->archer->...->Mech. I haven't confirmed this, but just call it an educated guess.

You'll find that all of the UU's unique traits will upgrade with them. Even the Landsnecht upgrades from Spearman for only 10 gold since it has no unique attributes except its "cost" to train.

The only bad part about this is that upgrading to rifles costs a lot more.

Actually I think you would loose the ignore terrain movement when upgrading to Mech. The minuteman has that has his ability and it goes away when going to Mech I would be the same holds true for a scout->archer->...->Mech. I haven't confirmed this, but just call it an educated guess.

you don't lose it. if you can get a level 5 scout (+100% def, +1 healing, +1 sight +1 movement, march) and get to a ruins you can end up with a godly mech infantry. it used to be possible with island maps and slower game speeds, haven't tried since the patch notes saying ai will be more likely to get ruins on islands.

you don't lose it. if you can get a level 5 scout (+100% def, +1 healing, +1 sight +1 movement, march) and get to a ruins you can end up with a godly mech infantry. it used to be possible with island maps and slower game speeds, haven't tried since the patch notes saying ai will be more likely to get ruins on islands.

Don't forget finding fountain of youth for the double healing and france for free foreign lands bonus :lol:

I presume that a CKN with logistics (waste of an upgrade till it gets to mech inf) could be turned into a mech inf that gets 3 attacks without having blitz.

Maybe I missed it in an earlier post but once you get rifling you can no long build the Chinese unique unit. Then again this post was started in January so maybe a patch along the way changed it so you can no long build then upgrade once at rifling.

Maybe I missed it in an earlier post but once you get rifling you can no long build the Chinese unique unit. Then again this post was started in January so maybe a patch along the way changed it so you can no long build then upgrade once at rifling.

You couldn'T build CKNs after rifles before patch(before the OP) either.

The strategy is to build as many Ck as you possibly can before rifles then upgrade them to rifles and they retain their multi-attack ability.

Top Bottom