The Forest

"Tell me Knight," August says while moving around the knight at a safe distance "What lies on the road ahead? I would rather not fall afoul of the long road."

The Knight, resplendent in his greyness replies slowly "You didn't mange to kill all the old gods, August. One of them is waiting for you on the road ahead. He will try and kill you. I am sure."

August nods respectfully to the Knight "I thank you sir for this knowledge." He pauses and in a moment of sympathy considers asking the Knight "if he would you consider coming with him. He may be able to find some purple for the colourless warrior.

But the Knight was never reliable, and August doubts he could steal him away from his devotions. "If you see the Princess send her my greetings."

"She may not listen, the skies above her house are darkling now."

August turns his back on the Purple Knight arrayed in splendorous grey. He's not worried at all that the Knight will turn on him behind his back. The Knight always had a twisted sort of honour - if August was being honest he had no idea why the Knight still roamed these lands. Even before the fall all the Knight would ever do was talk of The Saint and maybe spy on the servants (not that they were ever guiltless). Perhaps it is best that he continues to roam this land, a reminder of who we were and the children we made.

The Road towards the city is long but August has walked for a long time. The city is now clear before him, its carcass spread out across the land. He walks through the outlying towns when he hears a noise from the ruined buildings to his left. If the Knight was telling the truth then this could be the God he mentioned.

(A) Try to lose him in the ruins - Gods are not to be trifled with
(B) Call him out into the open - You are the God-killer. You fear no god, old or new
(C) Wait - Let him come to you?

Spoiler :

Spoiler Attributes :

Determination - For The City
Blessing of the Jovial Patron - You have the attention of one of the new gods
Spoiler Attributes :

Spoiler Achievements Log :

Last edited:
"I can hear you." August cries out to the buildings. "Come out here with your dagger drawn and fangs bared. I have slain mightier foes."

"Oh August." Comes a snarl from behind the traveller. "You can not kill me."

August spins round, his tail perfectly counterbalancing his movements. He sees a figure leaning against the crumbling wall of what was once a tower. A wide brimmed hat covers the God's face but those animistic eyes shine out from underneath. In a world of grey they are as red as blood.

"Why did you come back here August? You know I've been waiting for you, you know I will win here."

"I've bested you in the past." August responds confidently as he extends a hand into his bad to draw a weapon. "The tricks you have come to rely on - who do you think made them?"

The beast playfully draws his dagger. "I'd say She had something to do with them."

For a moment August is stunned. How dare this creature of all people try to invoke Her? He grits his teeth, he can feel the anger welling up inside him but he controls himself - this is a formidable opponent. "Your kind are all but gone now. I saw to that. And perhaps I am not done yet."

The God shrugs without moving from his wall. "Well show me then."

(A) Charge the beast - He is not worthy of this world
(B) "You are a beast not worthy of this world!" - Tell him how it is
(C) "Why do you think you can beat me?" - Sometimes the obvious answer is wrong

Spoiler :

Spoiler Attributes :

Determination - For The City
Blessing of the Jovial Patron - You have the attention of one of the new gods

Spoiler Achievements Log :

Last edited:
A. No mercy.

B is the only way.

Wordless, August charges at the God, whipping our a blade from his satchel. In an instant though the God is already at his feet - a dagger flashes in the air. August pivots round, dodging the blow with his tail keeping him on his feet. The God feels faster than last time August faced him, or maybe August has grown slower during his years in Arcadia.

The God snarls and lunges in for another strike, August manages to hold him off with his blade. Metals strike metal. Sparks fly out and die in greyness. The God's snout is so close to August's face that he can feel the warm breath of the beast buffeting his features.

A momentary pause as the two combatant stare each other in the face.

The God moves in to bite and August rolls away. The God slashes in response and his dagger cuts into August's shoulder. "First blood to me." He laughs with a laugh so dreadful that it sends chills down August's spine. It was moments like this which had made him rebel against the Old Gods in the first place. He fights the urge to clutch his wound, to curl up.

The God moves forwards again - pressing his advantage. Blood red trainers on grey tarmac. August has only a moment to think but a moment is all he needs.

He spins round with the grace of a dancer, as low to the ground as possible. His tail manically does its work to keep him from falling but his whole body is working in concert, he knows this fight and he knows himself. He makes a low sweep with his blade and the God jumps back onto a nearby pile of rubble. Stray bricks roll down and a small plume of dust follow's the God's landing.

(A) Leap up - You have the advantage while climbing
(B) Take a defensive posture - You've already taken one blow, best not to take another
(C) Run - You were not ready for this

Thinking this could probably go in its own thread now - maybe I'll do that once this fight is over. I think I've held Argentina hostage for long enough.

Moderator Action: Was asked to move these posts to a separate thread. Can you please not hijack threads and wait four pages to ask for it to be separated?

The answer is C. We were not ready for this.

Attack. We have the high ground.

Top Bottom