The Future of CFC?

dominus romae said:
The Church of Thundefall founded 2005 AD. Let's pray for our glorious God and make sure His goodness will protect our homes and feed our children.

Calendar:

We are currently in the year 25AB (After the Birth).

Correct, only one thing is wrong in that. It was founded in 2000. :p

Correct, only one thing is wrong in that. It was founded in 2000.

After the Birth of our Lord, Thunderfall, in 1980.

The Church of Thundefall founded 2005 AD. Let's pray for our glorious God and make sure His goodness will protect our homes and feed our children.

Calendar:

We are currently in the year 25AB (After the Birth).

No, 25 ATB. (after Thunderfall's birth, and BT is before Thunderfall :p)

Anyways, I've seen other places with many members (though not always a member myself), and they haven't collapsed.

Sid is the 1 true god, thunderfall would be like his jesus sidekick down here on the internet. Lefty might get a statue in his honour as well.

So, we, servants of our Mighty Lord TF and Sid Meier's, will write a holy book that every civ fanatic in the planet shall read and whose laws shall obey. Who is with me?

Chapter 1 - Nemesis

In the beginning, the world was void, and without form. There was only our holy lord Sid. But then, he created Civ1.

The New Testament

So, Thunderfall bought a new server and said "There shall be a community, that will worship the mighty Lord Sid Meier and I shall be his messenger for the eternity. This community will be named Civfanatics."

Turner_727 said:
No, that makes you ban-bait. :evil:

:lol: Took the words right out of my mouth.

Oh, and if Perfection does a post count celebration when he passes mine just because it's a postcount, then he's gonna get it. ;)

Chieftess said:
:lol: Took the words right out of my mouth.

Oh, and if Perfection does a post count celebration when he passes mine just because it's a postcount, then he's gonna get it. ;)
Hey perfection did you realize you are going to pass CT soon in post count? Get ready to party! :mischief:

Accepting donations to upgrade the server would be interesting, and KoC's idea of a "badge" would be a nice way to recognize folks who did contribute. Recognition is not a bad thing. I like the idea of being able to contribute and of recognizing those who do.

Perfection said:
Does that make TLC, Curt, and me Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal (respectively)?
No.

More like those little critters you will find outside the Rogue Encampment occasionally. You know - those that shoot spikes or something but are essentially a one-hit kill?

:mischief:

well, your all going to be crucified at dawn :smug: complments of the empire. :KissKissLuv:

Jeez you all need to buff up on your Civ Bible, Sid is God Thunderfall is the Pope of the Mighty Civ Church with 62,675 followers as of right now.

Colonel said:
Jeez you all need to buff up on your Civ Bible, Sid is God Thunderfall is the Pope of the Mighty Civ Church with 62,675 followers as of right now.

Sorry to break it to all of you, but I don't believe either to be God. This is something I do not joke about. I do not wish to be considered a follower, and I think this whole Civ God thing should be stopped.

I think making a donations thing would be good. Just give them a little badge if they donate more than X amount of dollars like the moderators get now. I would consider donating money, and im sure others would. TF wouldnt even have to give any obviosu advantages (although maybe get rid of the 10 char limit would convince bozo to cough up more).

farting bob said:
I think making a donations thing would be good. Just give them a little badge if they donate more than X amount of dollars like the moderators get now. I would consider donating money, and im sure others would. TF wouldnt even have to give any obviosu advantages (although maybe get rid of the 10 char limit would convince bozo to cough up more).
I'm ok with voluntarily donating money. I don't think it will be neccesary though.

However, getting "I gave xxx Euro for CFC" - tags is for me a sign that CFC is no longer the CFC that I like. Taken over by donations (or bribes). I would reconsider my presence here, personally speaking.

Top Bottom