the Gaelan event string, has anybody gone beyond the first one about the apprentice?

smjjames

Emperor
Basically I'm wondering if anybody has managed to get the other events on the Gaelan arc because I've seen the one about the upstart apprentice many times, but haven't gotten beyond that first one.

I think I have had that event twice in a few games though, don't remember.

Yes, but only after moding it to be possible.

the easyiest way is in CIVEventriggersInfo.XML

Open it, and go down to the event labeled:

EVENTTRIGGER_CIRCLE_OF_GAELAN_2

Under that, look for the iWeight tag. Change the number (300) in there to a -1.

Repeat for:

EVENTTRIGGER_CIRCLE_OF_GAELAN_3

If you want to make the first event more common, under

EVENTTRIGGER_CIRCLE_OF_GAELAN_1

Change the wieght to some suitably high number.

hope that helps,
thomas

BTW, this is all fixed in 0.32.

Basically I'm wondering if anybody has managed to get the other events on the Gaelan arc because I've seen the one about the upstart apprentice many times, but haven't gotten beyond that first one.

I think I have had that event twice in a few games though, don't remember.

call it one in a million, i actually got the whole chain exactly once, un modded, however since then i have never seen so much as the first event.

What did you do to fix it? =) Have the events themselves been reworked, or was whatever was causing the problem fixed?

Its exactly as Thomas said. The chained events always occur in the preceeding turns. I may adjust this so they have a 10% chance of occuring each turn, but right now if the first event triggers, and you select the correct option, the next stage will always trigger on the next turn.

Ahh that makes sense. Wouldn't take (for eg) 100 years for a witch to start doing something after you let her live :lol: :)

Al

Top Bottom