The great poster exodus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it´s been mentioned, many left or stopped posting regularly because they grew apart from this site. With the influx of tens of thousands of newbies many didn´t really feel as comfy here as when CFC had less then 1000 or less than 10000 users.
Some looked for other, smaller fora where they could feel more at home. And there is the reason for not telling you where they went. ;)

Of course it´s also against the site rules to advertise other sites that way. :lol:

Oh one note about Starlifter though. He was a real veteran gamer, probably the best Civ2 SP player you can find. After he left for half year he returned briefly for a month or two. But in those months he more than TRIPLED his post count trying to catch up with posts as old as back to when he left. :mischief:
:D

Good to see ya, Lucky. :)

Yeah, starlifter is a horribly long-winded 'spammy' poster. His posts usually run into 2 or 3, 'cause of not enough space to fill them all into 1 post. :lol:

Originally posted by Sir Eric
What is TF and the other mods doing to address this situation so that it doesn't happen again?

In other words is this something that TF is worried about at all?
I am not worried about it. As someone wrote earlier, people come and go, for many different reasons. It's part of life.

I'm sure TF likes to get away from all the hullabaloo, and be a regulaer poter from time to time... unless he has an empire of sites to administrate....

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
The recent exodus, such as it were, included a high proportion of the older, more experienced, and more educated posters.

You are quite right! But there is one thing you don't mention here: Most of the posters that left were conservatives. For me, as a liberal OT regular, debating has become less interesting now. I remember a gay adoption thread a month ago. There was only one or two conservatives in it and like 10 liberals. No matter what site you are on: The fun is bigger if things are more equal.

Originally posted by Stapel

Most of the posters that left were conservatives.

They wont admit it but they have been converted:mutant: to a more liberal lifeform. So now they preaching good liberal styl-of-life elsewhere.:lol:

Originally posted by Stapel
But there is one thing you don't mention here: Most of the posters that left were conservatives.
I would not say that is very correct. At least four of them that I know of were leftists, and several more were centrists. It would have a greater % impact on the conservatives remaining here because they were fewer in number to begin with.

I would not say that is very correct. At least four of them that I know of were leftists, and several more were centrists. It would have a greater % impact on the conservatives remaining here because they were fewer in number to begin with.

That might be true.

I have the feeling that in good OT discussions, there is a lack of conservatives. And that is a not a good thing.

A poster who did not leave.

I meant Liberalist Centrist Rightist Leftist Conservativististist...

Originally posted by Ancient Grudge
and i hoped and prayed that the alcoholic cimbri would never return to CFC :p nice to see ya! so to speak :yeah:
You can never truly escape the maelstrom of CFC :yeah: Good that you decided to stay too AG :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom