1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Helenetican Mobile Corps (HMC)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Sir John, Jun 3, 2003.

1. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

The messenger arrives at the palace of gorina... he runs up the stairs into the throne room as fast as he can...
    Messenger: "Dearest Princess! I have the answer to your request..."
    He gives the written message to Vendetta
    Vendetta: "Ah! A good idea... the young one can proove his abilities and may be one of our future great leaders later on... good.... so shall it be! Grand Visir, take a note:

I, General Vendetta, leader of the helenatican army, herewith announce 2 improovements of our troops:
    1) we will give horse-archers into our 2 divisions to give them balistic ability.
    2) the "II-b reconnaissance Squadron" with 2 horsmen will be crated as support Squadron inside the HMC. it will be commanded by Major Julius Aquarius, who will receive his direct commands from Lt. General Arlena. The Squadron will be used for reconnaissance missions for all divisions of the corps."
    Grand Visir: "Yes General, i will post the announcement to the public immediately..."
    Vendetta: "Good. Messenger, please bring this message to our troops... they may start moovment to the fron immediately as the horsemen will be much faster and be there soon."
    The Grand Visir and the Messenger go off
    Vendetta (to herself): "This was really a brilliant idea. But i hope our scientists can soon make our ballistic units a bit more effective... and i need to tell them to look into better armor for our horsemen..."

OOC:
    SJ, the units will be demanded immediately in the conflict thread. i will also post our new structure. note that i created a support squadron with those 3 spearmen..... i put the new recon-squadron under the lt. general as it will be used in both divisions... i hope this setup fits your plans...

and dont forget to post the troops moovements to the frontline as soon as i posted the horsemen raising!

2. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Julius receives notice that the Reconnaissance Squadron is to move ahead. He goes to Lt. Gen. Arlena to verify the mission.

Julius(bows as he speaks): General, I understand I am to take my squadron ahead on a reconnaissance mission. Are you aware of this?

Lt. Gen. Arlena: Yes Major. Take your horsemen and scout the area on which we will battle. Try to find a nice hill where we can setup a "fallback" position, not that we will need it much. Then find a flat area where we can charge down the hill. The horse archers will take auxiliary positions and support our legions with troops. The Support Division will take up "Fallback Hill" to secure the location. Our target is El-Armana. Is your objective clear?

Maj. Julius: Yes General. One request general, that if we see and scouts of the Egyptians, that we may dispatch them?

Arlena: Yes. Now hurry and go. When you are down, send a messenger and start to take defensive positions on the "Fallback Hill".

Maj. Julius: Aye ma'am!

OOC: From my understanding, we are attacking El-Armana first, and that Julius was given the go ahead to scout the area. And Arlena is a woman, right?

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Soon General Mara Jade IV arrives to the HMC camp

Maj. Julius: Who are you?

Mara Jade IV pulls out her Bronze sword

Maj. Julius: You, You are Mara Jade IV. I apologise for my rudeness.

General Mara Jade IV: I would like to speek to the Commanding General so that we can cordinate an attack in El-Armana. I propose that the Jade Commandos go in first and sofften up the defenses, since we are a Specal Ops/Ranger Organizarion.

4. Civanator

Civanator Deity

here is a map, and I would like to know which way Julius should take his Squadron, Route "A" (dark red), or Route "B"(red).

Edit- upload file isn't working, I'll attach it then.

5. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Attached Files:

• wmv1.jpg
      wmv1.jpg
      File size:
      92.8 KB
      Views:
  6. GenMarshall

OOC: @Civanator - Please respond to Mara Jade IV's Storyline, she is to see your character. Also one of my other characters, Maxius Veern, would like to be a Brigidear General in your group.

7. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Julius motions for Mara to put her sword down.

Julius: I will bring you to my commanding officer Maj. Gen. Scrobius, he can take you to Lt. Gen. Arlena from there...

Mara starts to slide her sword out a little

Julius: ...but that will take too much time. I will bring you starigh to Lt. Gen. Arlena, as Gen. Vendetta is not with us at the moment. How does that sound?

8. Civanator

Civanator Deity

edit- a second too fast

9. GenMarshall

General Mara Jade IV: Sounds good too me. Also, I have a distant relative who is part of An old Freind of my Great-Uncle. His name is Maxius Veern, he is an asparing General. As a Jade Commando General, I wish to see Maxius Veern learn more about other military units so that he can better serve Fanatica and the Jade Commandos. I would recomend placing him as a Jr. Officer (Captian), and Train him well, I would like to be proud when he reaches to the rank of Brig. General.

10. Civanator

Civanator Deity

While Julius brings Mara to Arlena

Julius: I would also like to promote Maxius Veern to Captain and give him command of one horseman unit of the Reconnaissance Squadron.

11. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Maxius will begin at privat now as we dont have any positions that need to be filled. He might get command over units when he has prooved himself in battle. I am shure he will go fast in the grades.

How will it work I want horses for the charcs playing. Would it have to be raised as normal horsemen or could you just get the horses and the charcs would use them??

12. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Here is the attack plan on the egyptians.

The Blue is the second divison.
    The Red is the First Divison.
    The Green is the headquearters
    The Yellow is where the archers will stand when providing firecover...
    The Dark green is the spy divisions spot. Antonius forces will also be there rushing into the city..
    The White arrows are the attacking lines of the Jade Commandos

The backer red and blue are their camps while the fron one are theire attack positions..

A brief explanation to the picture:

Both divisons will move forwards to theri attack positions when the attack is launched. The together 4 horse archers (and maby some more to come) will split up from the divsions and provide artillery cover at the yellow point. The battle will be commanded from the HQ at the green point. There will be 3 spears protecting the HQ. The Dark green is where the horsemen Julius command will be spread out. They are to take all who trie to escape the backway... The Antonius forces will also be there. They will attcak just before the Jades.. The Jade commandos will engage their attack from the sides... They will squise them with brute force :)

OOC: I hoe all agrees to this. CG: If you agree you must move your troops to the tiles that the arrows come from...

13. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Antonio: You must not leave out my 7 legions and 1 horse archer. They will be a big factor in our battle. I suggest using my Assault divisons to flank the enemy, and attack from where Major Julius will be with his Horsemen. My horse Acrher can be used as an Auxiliary Support. Does this seem good?

14. GenMarshall

General Mara Jade IV: I agree, eventhough I am disapointed that you made Maxius a Private. Already the Despot is also displeased seeing his Brother being a Private.

General Mara Jade IV noticed that The Despot Agustius has arrived

Despot Agustius Veern Jade: I am here to see the Commanding General of this Army, the one who Denied my Brother an Officer Rank. Whats his name?

General Mara Jade IV: Its actualy a "her". Her name is Lt. Gen. Arlena.

Despot Augustus Veern Jade: Ahh, I am here to speek with, Lt. Gen. Arlena

Lt. Gen. Arlena walks into the area

Lt. Gen. Arlena: Oh my, Despot Augustis Veern Jade, what a supprise.

Despot Augustius Veern Jade: Lt. Gen. Arlena! I am not pleased with your actions.

Lt. Gen. Arlena: What do you mean sire?

Despot Augustius Veern Jade: You know, You have demoted my brother to a Private. The Despot slams his long septer on the ground

Lt. Gen. Arlena: But sire, He is new to the Army and all the poss...

Despot Augustius Veern Jade: I DONT CARE!!! The Despot slams his long septer on the ground harder I need to rest, Ill be back to my palace.

General Mara Jade IV looks at the Despot as the Despot returns to his palace.

General Mara Jade IV: Lt. Gen. Arlena, I strongly Reomend you to Promote Maxius as soon as possible before the Despot plans an exicution.

Lt. Gen. Arlena: I will, once he has proven him... *Urg* General Mara Jade IV grabs Lt. Gen. Arlena

General Mara Jade IV: I have seen the potential that Maxius has, he was with the Jade Commandos studding the art of war while his Brother was the Colonel there. Mara lets go of Lt. Gen. Arlena I am sorry I had to grab you but the Despots anger has gotten me worried

Lt. Gen. Arlena: Its alright. Dang, you have a lot of streingth for a woman.

15. ScorpiusAP

ScorpiusAP Chieftain

From the Journal of Scrobius Pantonius. . .

Our forces have begun to move towards the enemy lands. Lt. General Arlena has devised a multi pronged attacked that will limit the chances of enemy escape. He has even found away a way to make good use of the Jade Commandos without having their unorganized, wild fighters getting in the way of our well trained Helenetican forces.

The troops are very excited to be nearing battle. Of course the actual battle plans have not yet been given out to non-officers to deter enemy espionage, but all are well aware that we will be striking an Eguption town directly.

There are rumors floating around that the despot has paid a visit to Lt. General Arlena, and is very upset. I am not sure what this is about but I have been called to meet with her soon to hammer out the final plans for attack.

16. Civanator

Civanator Deity

From the journal of Antonio DePaolo

Alas, it seems that my Army has gone unoticed! No one has said anything or put my legions into their plans! They must be fools to leave out my forces! I have proposed my divisions to flank the town and attack from where Major Julius Aquarius will be, but they ignore still further! They will be very surprised if they do not include DePaolo's army with their plans!

17. GenMarshall

Report from General Mara Jade IV

My units are in possition to attack. I have placed my divisions between the city. We are watching out for any supprise attacks. In the Palace front, I think I have convicned the Despot to give a formal appology to Arlena and the HMC.

18. GenMarshall

Despot Augustius Veern Jade's Apology to Vendetta and Lt. Gen. Arlena (and to Mara Jade IV)

I would like to make an apology to two Commanders to the HMC. My actions today were irrational due since I wanted to see that my brother can get the best of this that his Brothers did not get to see. My brother and I have had 3 brothers, but they died very young, thus the reason of my protection to my brother. I would allow Maxuis to be a private and I hope that he can get to command a part of the HMC. Maxius has great leadership potential waiting to be unleashed. What has brought me to this apology is a certan young woman named, Mara Jade IV a General of the Jade Commandos. She has showed me to not be protective of my brother but to be proud that he would one day be in the HMC's Officer ranks. I would also like to apologise to Mara Jade IV for putting pressure on her. I hope that we can forget about what has happened earlyer and take care of my Brother, he will serve you well.

Despot Augustius suddenly starts to remember his Father-in law, Caeser Jade, that has recently passed on

And I would like to honor my Father-in law, Caeser Jade's passing with a moment of silence

1 Minute of Silence

Thank you

Despot Augustius Veern Jade starts to feel moornful of the passing of his father-in law and ask one of his advisors to take him back to his palace so that he can spend time with himself to remember Ceaser Jade

19. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

I am sorry as I simply didnt have anywhere to put him. I could make him a officer, but I simply couldnt use more officers. Well, now as I have got a confirmation from atrouia that we get horses from there I will give a horse to Maxius and promote him to captain. He will fight with the spy division. He will be under Antonios command.

OOC: Dont be so hars on Arlena. She is a distant relative to the despot :p .

Civ: Ill include u in the plans. (I didnt remember to see any legions even coming to me and say that they were in :p ). You will be together with th green and the legions also might rush into the city from there. Let me know when you are in position..

20. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

In the lifespanian palace at Gorina
    Vendetta: "Messenger, i want you to urgently bring the lt. General a notice. It shall be told to all people in the helenatican forces..."
    The Messenger goes off with the message and delivers it to the lt General.

Somewhere near egypt
    Messenger: "I have a notice for you, lt. General!"
    lt. General: "So read it out, man! I dont have the time for this stuff. We are at a war, you know?"
    Messenger: "It is a public notice of General Vendetta...
    Code:
    the following things shall be given to the helenatican military personal:

all characters serving in the military:
    1 light iron helmet
    1 light iron shield
    1 pair of military boots
    1 javelin
    1 short iron sword
    1 small military dagger

[U]in addition to that:[/U]

characters serving in legions:
    1 light iron armor

characters serving as low ranked officer (all below any general rank):
    gold platting on helmet
    1 heavy iron armor (gold platted)

characters serving as high ranked officer (generals):
    gold platting on helmet
    gold platting on shield
    1 heavy iron armor  (gold platted)
    1 red robe (to be worn over armor)
    1 atrouian horse

additions for characters in horsed units:
    1 atrouian horse

the message shall be braught to our military characters immediately.
    the participants can keep all items except the horses after their service. all officers can also keep the horses.

OOC: the lt. general shall put up a list of characters and their rank in the item management thread to get their items listed