1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Helenetican Mobile Corps (HMC)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Sir John, Jun 3, 2003.

1. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    In Lt. Gen. Arlena's Tent, somewhere in Egypt

Dear Lt. Gen. Arlena,
    I will be meeting you at your tent to discuss further plans on the Egyptian war. Hopefuly our combined military tactial minds would help tople Cleo. I will arive shortly.

General Mara Jade IV, Jade Commandos

2. Civanator

Civanator Deity

SJ: I had said numerous times, but no one aknowledged my posts. Also, Julius is commanding the Horsemen of the Recon Squad, not Antonio. Antonio is from DePaolo. An it is to my understanding that his legions will be attacking from the Recon Squadron's positions?

A messenger rides up to Vendetta's tent.

Antonio's Messenger: Antonio's legions are ready for attack. They are in position and waiting for the order.

3. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

Civ: Im not sure what ya mean withe the first sentence. Im srry for mixing the names up. When I get confirmation that all troops are in place and ready, the attack will begin...

4. GenMarshall

Conflict Manager's voice
    Please have your plans finalized and let me know when to attack, so that I can get the results of the battle :).

Edit: Unit movement and reoganisation of troops are now locked. They will be unlocked once the results have been posted

5. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

at the field camp near the egyptian city we want to attack.
    a dark figure sneaks into the camp, unseen by the guards... he sneaks directly towards one of the tents... and into it.
    inside the tent, you see someone lying down and sleeping... looking around the tent, with all that gold plated armor, this must be the lt. general alrena gorinia.
    suddenly, the dark figure neaks forward and pulling out a dagger and pushing it into the sleeping body of the lt. general.

as she had no time to shout, nobody notices the figure. blood is running over the ground of the tent, as the dark figure sneaks out of the camp again and in direction of the egyptian city.

OOC: note that i had to do this due to the fact that sirjohn was obviously banned from the forum and thus his characters were killed of by rpg-management (see event thread). IT WAS NEITHER PLANNED NOR MY IDEA! it cam as a surprise... disrupting the storyline a bit.

THE NEXT DAY
    At the palace of gorina
    Messenger: "General! We have bad news from the frontline! Lt. General Arlena is dead! She was assassinated!"
    General Vendetta: "NO! This cant be! ... I wonder what is behind all that... ready my horse, we have to do some promotions to continue our attack!"
    After a very short time, some palace guards and Vendetta hurry with their horses to the camp at the frontline

AT THE FRONTLINE CAMP OF THE HMC
    Vendetta:
    "Soldiers of the Helenatican II Corps! Today, i am here to bring you bad news. You surely heard that the lt. General commanding your corps has been killed cowardly in her tent. We dont know yet whom was the cowardly attacker or who ordered him to do this ugly assassination, nor whether he sole some of our plans for the upcoming attack.
    To honour the lt. General, i would like to do a minute of deep silence in rememberance of her great heroic doings in the past. She will be braught to gorina and burried in the royal graveyard with a full military ceremony..."
    the soldiers stand for one minute in silence
    "I would now like to immediately proclaim the new ranks which will be filled immediately to work around the lack of command caused by the sudden death arlena suffered from.
    1) the new lt. general of the II. Corps is a young private of whom i heard tremendous stories of heroism and about his great charisma....
    come up here, lt. General maximus veen!
    2) our new units (6 legions and 2 horsearchers) will form a new division, which will be controlled by mj. General Julius Aqaurius, a good and reliable officer according to arlenas recordings.

the changes in the organization will be in effect immediately. the new lt. general will be given word now, and he is free to reorganize his troops as he wishes (this includes promotions up to the rank of major)."
    the soldiers start to applause the new lt. general, as he mooves up to vendetta to hold a speach

civgeneral, now its your turn. i would propose opening a new thread as some info in the 1st post needs to be updated.
    a summary of the HMC right now:
    II.a 3 spearmen (lt. general Maximus Veen)
    II.b 2 horsemen (lt. general Maximus Veen)
    II.1 6 legions, 2 horsearchers (lt. general Maximus Veen)
    II.2 6 legions, 2 horsearchers (mj.general Scrobius Pantonius)
    II.3 6 legions, 2 horsearchers (mj.general Julius Aquarius)

please also check which of the privates are still alive, as all of SJ's characters were killed off and i believe some are in there.

6. ScorpiusAP

ScorpiusAP Chieftain

Mj. General Pantonius: We all mourn the loss of lt. General Arlena. Clearly is the work of the Egyption scum! This should do nothing but strengthen our resolve to destroy the enemy. MAy good fortune follow lt. General Maximus Veen.

OOC: Last post in this thread but I wanted to add. Oh yes. . .:mad:

7. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Major General Julius steps up to speek.

Julius: This is a great loss indead. But, we must move on, and move on we shall. We are going to crush that Egyptian menace, and kill every Egyptian, or put them into slavery for this terrible deed!!!

Cheers erupt from the soldiers, their morale is sky-rocketing, even with the loss of Arlena Gorinia.

8. GenMarshall

lt. General Maximus Veern walks up to the Troops. He can see General Mara Jade IV, looking proudly at him

Mara Jade: I never knew you had it in you/

Lt. General Maxiumus Veern: Me neather. Anyway, we both should work together.

9. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Soldiers listened to the news and cheered, but at night in their tents, rumors of other things spread.
    Soldier1: "Didcha know? All this is a conspiracy... the despot wants to put his brother into the HMC, and as the lt. general made him only a normal soldier, he got really mad..."
    Soldier2: "Yes, i also heard that. He even was here, i heard, and left rather angry when She told him to shove off..."
    Soldier1: "A brave woman she was, indeed. I wonder who did the attack..."
    Soldier3: "Well, for me, personally, too much of evidence point to egypt... very suspect, if you ask me..."
    Soldier1: "I bet it was the damned jades... they are keen on stuff like assassination and politics..."
    Soldier2: "Yeah, damn politics again..."
    Stories like these happened in all the tents... Some rumored the jades, some the Atrousian Assassins, some even suspected a conspiracy of vendetta against her because they both were said to love the same person...

10. Civanator

Civanator Deity

The Dark FIgure emerges from the shadows. He has a knife in hand, and speaks of the truth.

Dark Figure: It was I who killed Vendetta. She was a menace to EGYPT!!! Catch me if you can!

He runs off, and soldiers charge after him. Julius saddles his horse and charges to the front, then he stops his men.

Julius: You fools! Do you relize what you are doing!? He could be leading us into a trap! Go back to your tents, and we shall settle this in the morning.

Julius' men and the others head back to camp, and Julius has a couple scouts search the area.

11. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

a horse with general vendetta is coming into the encampment
    Vendetta: "Where is the lt. General?"
    Soldier: "He went to an recon mission... How can we help you?"
    Vendetta: "SOLDIERS OF HELENATICA!!!
    today, very sad news got to us. we got notice of a rebellion! during wartime!"
    Murmoring starts in the soldiers ranks. also, many of the soldiers notice that vendetta seems to be pregnant
    Vendetta: "Commanders! Immediately call all troops to fight the rebellion into the fanatican homeland!

The HMC will moove to Aureus! To defend our homes from the evil traitors falling into our back during wartime! Forward Fanatica! Forward HELENATICA!"

The soldiers fall into cheers and applause for the speach. After some moments the commanders order the troops to moove into the Aureus territory

12. Civanator

Civanator Deity

Julius gallops to the front of his division. He has just come back from a brief scout mission of the area.

Soldier: Julius! Did you not hear Vendetta? We must go now to fight the rebellion!

Julius: Damn the rebels! They are fools. Ok, form up, and double quick. We must fight the rebellion, and have the horse archers stay at the back to fight off and Egyptians. Send a messenger to the Reconnaissance Squadron and Antonio's forces. Tell them to double quick to Aureus. I know he will not like the order, but tell him we are withdrawing.

A messenger is sent and after 20 minutes he gets there.

Messenger: General Antonio, Sir! An urgent message from Maj. Gen. Julius of the HMC. It states that the HMC is withdrawing and are going to crush a rebellion that has started. They are not supporting the attack on El-Armana right now, and will leave you behind if you do not double-quick to Aureus.

Antonio: Damn those rebels! My Father and I have worked our lives to stop rebels of the motherland. Come, we will double-quick to Aureus, and have the Recon Squadgo ahead for now.

13. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

In the field camp near Aureus. Inside the tent of Vendetta
    Vendetta: "Oh NO! Not NOW!"
    Guard: "Whats going on, General?"
    Vendetta: "Well, i think im starting to give birth to my children... bad timing, i call that!"
    Guard: "UHM.... Im going to fetch someone..."
    Vendetta: "NOOOO! Stay here... oh my GOOOOOD!"
    I will cut out the rest of the details... :) ... we then come to the birthgiving...
    Guard: "Here it is... a girl!!!! Oh wait a second...... theres another one...... a BOY!!! ... oh noooo.... and another girl!!!"
    Vendetta: "Ah! Im so tired now... give them to me please..."
    Vendetta looks pretty tired and ill... she has lost a lot of blood in the birthgiving... the guard puts the 3 babies on her breast
    Vendetta: "Go and get their father to me... i believe i will not survive this... i am so tired... and so weak..."
    Guard: "I will send a Messenger to get him here immediately..."
    And a Messenger is on his way to helenatica to fetch NEO DiSaaMuel and bring him to the camp. During that, the "Battle of Aureus" starts...

OOC: stuck, please continue... at the end of your post, vendette dies...take the children back to gorina then

14. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

The Guard rushes up to Neo DiSaaMuel
    Guard: Neo! There you are! Vendetta had the children. A boy and two girls!
    Neo: Wonderful!
    Guard: But there is bad news as well. Come quick to her bedside.
    The two return to Vendetta's bedside, where she is now very weak
    Vendetta: Neo... you must....
    Neo: I'm here Vendetta. What is it?
    Vendetta: You.... must.... take....
    Neo: Take what?
    Vendetta: *Cough* The.... children... all of them... raise them like my cousin and I would have...
    Neo: All of them? These three, Lucentio and Elizabeth?
    Vendetta: Yes.. all of them.. When I say "all" I mean all, moron.
    Neo: Five childern and me... Can I use the palace?
    Vendetta: Moron! Im dying here!
    Neo: Oh, yea. Sorry. *weeps* No! Cruel gods, why are you taking her from me!
    With this, Vendetta passes from this earth. Neo now must raise all the children.
    Voice Over: A single Dad. Five Childern, one an heir to an empire. An Oboe, Penguin and a non-existant "Ism". Some Shakespeare. Find out this summer what happens when all these elements are thrown together in this years new smashing hit, "There's Something About Neo."

15. GenMarshall

General Mara Jade and Lt General Veern walks into Vendetta. They noticed that Vendetta is on her death bed

General Mara Jade: Are you alright?

Vendetta: I am afraid that I am not going to make it.

Lt. General Maxius: I have sent a messanger to fetch the father, Ill take care of the troops.

General Mara Jade: Even though my responsibility is to command the Jade Commandos, I realy would like to be sure that I am by your side, like a good freind should. You have such wonderful and healthy Children. Have you given anythought on to name them?

General Vendetta: I am not sure on what to name them, but posssibly there father would name them.

General Mara Jade: Hang in there, NEO will be comming soon.

16. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: looks like stuck got there before you ;)

Word of Vendetta's death reaches Julius' ears. He is saddened by it, but must focus on the battle.

Julius (shaking his head): Another sad day for the HMC...

The battle rages on, and Julius is going to make sure that they win, for Vendetta.

17. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

HMC field camp, near the city of Aureus
    A child of 10 years, dressed in the armor of the general and protected by guards. He approaches the tent of lt. General Maxius.

Soldier: "STOP! Who are you? And why are you dressed in the general's armor?"
    Guard: "YOU! DONT YOU NOTICE HIM? This is general Lucentio!"
    Soldier: (saluting) "Oh. Uh... im sorry... go forward..."
    The Soldier steps aside and Lucentio enters the tent
    Lucentio: "Dearest Maxius! How are you?"
    Maxius: "Oh, General! What a surprise!"
    Maxius looks puzzled
    Lucentio: "We have to discuss the future mooves of our units..."
    Maxius: "You? You are only a child..."
    Lucentio: "But still, im the ruler of your province and the general of your army... Also i do not want to interfere with your advanced tactics, but just clarify the priorities of our army..."
    Maxius: "True... i must admit you are right... and i am your humble servant, General..."
    Lucentio: "No need for that, Maxius... I only wanted to tell you that our troops need to crush the rebels. Even in their homeland. I will reraise all lost troops immediately, and i urge you to attack Julia's home. She shall not be free. If you spot her and cant capture her, then kill her. I dont mind. Moove the troops into position immediately!"
    Maxius: "YES SIR!"
    Lucentio: "Stop it! We can talk normal in here... no need for protocol..."
    Maxius: "Should we wait for the resupply of our units?"
    Lucentio: "No. March immediately. Aureus is freed, we maybe need to leave our wounded legions behind... reform as many divisions as possible with full health units, and then crush them."
    Lucentio goes of
    Maxius: "Stupid little child. We should have waited for resupply... but if he wants.... lets see what we have left..."

OOC:
    EDIT:
    we have left 10 legions, 6 horsearchers, 2 horsemen, 3 spearmen.
    i would suppose forming 2 divisions and one squad for fast attacks.
    details can be found here.
    cg, please also define who commands which division.

also, i rose 10 legions to a) replace lost units b) to stack up the standard divisional strength to 8 legions+2horsearchers.
    they will go to aureus, where the 4 half-strength legions stay to heal. so one commander with charisma of at least 14 needs to stay behind in aureus.

18. Civanator

Civanator Deity

OOC: Actually, Lucentio is pretty smart. A follow-up attack is a good idea. Look at the American Civil War. The pansy General Meade never followed-up, so the rebels got away and were able to fight for another 2 years.

Julius Can stay behind at Aureus to command the units.

19. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

(OCC- Just a complete off topic, but from now to the 23rd, I am in charge of the entire Lifespanius line. They're DiSaaMuels as it is, so the father is controling them for now (Dis is away and gave me permission))

20. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

OOC: well, stuck, not yet, but from friday on. :) 13th to 25th ;-) nevertheless your orders for the culture centres will be valid.