The Holy Roman Empire is a joke civ for the game and the Maasai should be in instead!

Why does everyone hate the HRE so freakin' much????

Because it makes no sense. You might as well have the Hanseatic League as a civ.

Masai are a joke lol. I'll let this thread be for now, and just say that poland is obviously superior. (oh and austria to, GO AUSTRIA and POLSKA)

Screw you guys, im gonna make my own nations with hookers and beer, and oh wait evil twin already said this one :(

well fine i will make many babies, so Clarke will dominate the west like Khans do in South Asia !

Actually, Breweries: 50 :hammers: +1:)
Whorehouse: 90 :hammers: +1:) +1:commerce:

good ideas, Grimz101.

^

Didn't think he did.

1 - The HRE are cool.
2 - The Maasai aren't major enough, we already have the Zulu occupying the prestigious spot of "Primitive African Tribe"...

^

Didn't think he did.

1 - The HRE are cool.
2 - The Maasai aren't major enough, we already have the Zulu occupying the prestigious spot of "Primitive African Tribe"...

Exactly. That's why i think if it's anyone, it should be the Swahili. I mean they might have not been as advanced as the ethiopians and malinese, but certeinly not primitive. ;) and they had a big role on trade routes, arabia etc.

I could a swore Swahili is just a language. I mean i did a quick check in Wiki.. so far theres Swahili language, and Swahili people(not a nation or civ)

Swahili is just a language and he spelled Masai wrong.

Why does everyone hate the HRE so freakin' much????

Here's why:

City population: 100% Holy Romans.

What? WHAT? What the bloody bloody bloody hell is a "Holy Roman"?
No. Such. Animal.

^

Dude, it's just a name! They must have had some significance in history to be included in Civ.

And i'm not gonna argue like the Ethiopia incident either...

The British Empire was very historically significant, as was the Comintern. Should they be included as well?

^

Dude, it's just a name! They must have had some significance in history to be included in Civ.

So has NATO. That doesn't mean we should get a NATO civ inhabited by NATOians.
The Holy Roman Empire was a military coalition with a fancy name. There was no "Holy Roman" Empire and there were certainly no "Holy Romans". To even attempt to say that there were just pays lipservice to their arrogance and lies.

^

To be honest with you, I don't really care much for the HRE, but they deserve their place more than the Maasai.

Even if it didnt actually exist.

The Holy Roman Empire was a military coalition with a fancy name.

Well, the HRE was not a militiary coalition. I mean, members of the HRE sometimes fought each other!

It's Masai, not "Maasi"! Geez! I guess it was easier to pluralize than Anglo-Saxon, so they went with HRE.

Well, the HRE was not a militiary coalition. I mean, members of the HRE sometimes fought each other!

I never said it was a particularily good military coalition. The general idea was an alliance of Christian nations against infidels wrapped up in the false glory and pretension of claiming to be the successor of ancient Rome.
There was of course a lot of in-fighting as is inevitable in such a frankly silly organisation; it wasn't really an alliance for mutual benefit, more like a "family" of spoiled kids squabbling with each other to please their "father" (the Pope).

Top Bottom