The Huns for BtS

Thanks, nitram. I'll update the mod with your text soon.

I also checked this, and here is Nitram's version corrected and modified in a few places (with a few extra lines too where I felt it's needed)
There still can be some minor mistakes there, so I would like to ask both of you to check it again and correct where needed

Ruga

A hunok uralkodója 425-től 434/435-ig Bleda és Attila nagybátyja, Ruga volt. Kezdetben még bátyjával, Oktarral együtt uralkodott a hunok felett. Testvére halála után egyedüli uralkodóként vette át a balkáni hunok irányítását. 432-ben Aetius, a bajba került római hadvezér hozzá menekült; és végül Ruga segítségével szerezte meg a Nyugat-római Birodalom irányítását.
A segítségért cserébe átengedte a hunoknak Pannóniát és Valeriát, illetve a Római Birodalom elengedte a hun zsoldosait. Ez azért különösen fontos, mert a Birodalom függött ezektől a katonáktól, tehát e lépés nagyban hozzájárult a későbbi római vereségekhez.
Mindezek mellett Ruga legfontosabb tette az volt, hogy egyesítette a hun törzseket 432-ben, ezzel teremtve meg utódai, elsősorban Attila számára az erős hun egységet.
Halálának körülményei nem tisztázottak, találgatások szerint még a trón várományosainak, unokaöccseinek - Bleda és Attila - is köze lehetett hozzá. Közvetlenül halála után másik testvére, Mundzuk vette át a hatalmát, de őt vádolták Ruga meggyilkolásával. Még ebben az évben elűzték őt és helyette a fiai kerültek a trónra.
Attila ekkor állt a hunok élére, bár a legismertebb hun vezér ekkor még testvérével együtt kezdte meg uralkodását

Azért olvasd át hogy biztosan ne legyenek benne hibák...
Kösz Nitram!

Oh, thanks guys! I guess I'll have to update this soon, there is just not too much to add yet.

AbsintheRed! Semmi hibát nem találtam, csak egy pont hiányzott az utolsó mondat végén. :)
Ruga

A hunok uralkodója 425-től 434/435-ig Bleda és Attila nagybátyja, Ruga volt. Kezdetben még bátyjával, Oktarral együtt uralkodott a hunok felett. Testvére halála után egyedüli uralkodóként vette át a balkáni hunok irányítását. 432-ben Aetius, a bajba került római hadvezér hozzá menekült; és végül Ruga segítségével szerezte meg a Nyugat-római Birodalom irányítását.
A segítségért cserébe átengedte a hunoknak Pannóniát és Valeriát, illetve a Római Birodalom elengedte a hun zsoldosait. Ez azért különösen fontos, mert a Birodalom függött ezektől a katonáktól, tehát e lépés nagyban hozzájárult a későbbi római vereségekhez.
Mindezek mellett Ruga legfontosabb tette az volt, hogy egyesítette a hun törzseket 432-ben, ezzel teremtve meg utódai, elsősorban Attila számára az erős hun egységet.
Halálának körülményei nem tisztázottak, találgatások szerint még a trón várományosainak, unokaöccseinek - Bleda és Attila - is köze lehetett hozzá. Közvetlenül halála után másik testvére, Mundzuk vette át a hatalmát, de őt vádolták Ruga meggyilkolásával. Még ebben az évben elűzték őt és helyette a fiai kerültek a trónra.
Attila ekkor állt a hunok élére, bár a legismertebb hun vezér ekkor még testvérével együtt kezdte meg uralkodását.

I've uploaded v2.3 which contains the following changes:
- changed the citylist according to AbsintheReds suggestions (changed the -iji names), also changed Suebi to Suebir
- added a unique war elephant art
- added your text about Ruga
- added diplomacy sounds from Cybrxkhans collection

Besides of this, I updated the first post with up-to-date previews.

Have fun!

Awesome!!
Good work Cool ;)

Thanks, bro!

I forgot to mention that I switched to WoC modding style. In this case, it doesn't bring any advance, but I'll use WoC for all my mods, including the Magyar Mod. There it's necessary, because of the diplomacy texts. So, to have merging of my mods as easy as possible (although WoC actually doesn't improve much on that), I use WoC for this as well from now on. Hope there won't be problems, especially in multiplayer mode.

But both mods can still have unique music and sounds right?
I am exactly not sure how WoC modular civ loading works, but most users here on CFC say modular civs can't have unique sounds, leaders personalities and diplomacy texts

Yes, and I suppose it will remain this way
Just I never know exactly what's the difference between "normal" and WoC modular loading

Of course, the unique sounds will be kept. The difference between WoC and normal modular modding is, that WoC allows some things more being modded modular - for example diplomacy texts of the leaders. Sound still can't be made modular. But a mod does not need to be modular or non-modular only - mixing is possible. Sounds then get put into the non-modular part, at least their xml. If you'll take a look at the hun mod, you'll see that the sounds themselves are in the modular part. Their xml is in the modular and the non-modular part. The modular xmls should be inactive - you could remove them without causing any trouble to the mod. They are there to easy the merging job. Now, if you'd like to merge two mods, you'll have to replace the sound xmls in the non-modular part with fresh copies from you BtS (so, unmodded xmls), then you put the modules together and run the executable jar that comes with the mod. It will search for all sound xmls in the modules (that's why the sound xmls ar still there although they are inactive) and merge them with the sound xml from the non-modular part. That should be it. I suppose said executable jar has nothing to do with WoC actually and may work with normal modular modding though.
The only problem is the unique building artstyle. Merging that can be really brutal, but there is still the option to disable the unique building artstyles.

Oh mine, it's almost a year since my last post... Well, together with Walter Hawkwood we made a unique palace art for the Huns based on the pictures given on this website: http://kultura.hu/main.php?folderID=1190&articleID=267667&ctag=articlelist&iid=1. Walter made two textures that will be used for early and later eras, see attachment.

Besides of this, I've fixed a couple of bugs. So an update will be published soon.

Wow, these are really nice!

Thanks, Absinthe! For today, I plan two things:
1 - Upload the new version of this mod.
2 - Update civ5s hungarization and upload it so that the new standard is available for all users.

After this, I might work on some buildings for the Hungary mod if I still have some motivation.

EDIT: Recently, I read that one of the Huns cities / settlements is / was called Sicambria - read this for example. It could be that it's just another conquered city, but it's considered a headquarter of the Huns at least for a while. Should I add it and if yes, where should I insert it?

Hm Sicambria = Aquincum = Buda right?
My only concern was that it doesn't sound as hunnic or turkish as the other names, that's why I didn't put it on the list IIRC...
This may be over the top, but what if we slightly change this too?

Top Bottom