The Immortal Challenge Lineup - Game #2 - Poland

T200ish

So far...I've
Spoiler :
wiped out the Zulu, taken Persepolis, razed Pasargadae 2x, captured Damascus and Medina? Going for wide conquest-assisted culture or poss. diplomatic.

Am making a video series on my YouTube channel.

T288 CV

Spoiler :
After wiping out my continent, I just built culture and tourism buildings, won IG and then gifted a city to Alex and bombed it.

A fun game but I think Immortal just makes me lazy. I will only be doing Deity LPs from now on.

hello everyone,

started to make the ICL to train a bit, i stoped playing the japan one cause i got raped by 3 AI alliance, looks like i still have troubles with diplomacy sometimes xD

Spoiler :
this one was pretty funny, i settle 2nd city between shaka and persia, killed a settler that was coming for the spot, was scared of this city placement after what happenned on japan game but i did more army this time and shaka didnt even try to DoW, he was scared whole game long.

so i did go a 3 city tradition SV victory to compare a bit with what i red on the forum about timings, i'm still a bit late. T86 3 city NC, T115 education, T 196 plastics and won turn 276 (didnt manage to get friend on my continent for RA cause i settled too agressively this banana/oranges perfect place)

can someone tell me how to simply post screenshots of the game? should i copy it to paint?

T265 easy CV

In checking thru old saves I realized that I'd never finished this from Feb 28 after taking control of my continent on T130. See posts #70 and #73 if interested. I know that I need work on how to win quickly after cleaning of my continent.

I'll stress that this is a nice starting position and a good game for those wanting to step up from lower levels to Immortal.

Spoiler :
So this game I never built a settler. I just played on with my cap and 4 conquered expos that I gradually annexed. By not settling more I avoided :) issues and left plenty of room for barbs to spawn and then re-spawn if and when I destroyed the camp for CS influence.

LOL when a barb horseman recaptured a Vatican worker I'd just freed and next turn a newborn horseman did the same thing! 135 influence!

I used my captured Muslim missionary to spread Islam to my expos so I could have Mosques and Cathedrals and Jesuit Education. I kept my cap Catholic and built my Pagoda and used my Hagia GP to spread to CS near me for Tithe income.

Barb farming for gold and culture was a big help as I went into Rati for quick Secl and also into aesthetics moving towards CV. With so many captured wonders and with only 3 others civs (Kathy and Alex made short work of Washington) there was much less competition for wonders.

I didn't see the need to go to sea quickly and just built up and farmed barbs. I met Alex T179 when I saw his Caravel off the coast and soon he founded the first WC and I met Kathy and Pacal (whom those two killed later). Now with many duped lux I could trade and have mega-:) and also income.

I sent my scout to see to explore the "new world". Repeated quests were easy to win and I often had all the CS by me allied.

Once I got a couple hotels my theme bonuses and wonders and artifacts made my tourism explode. Just one GM spreading 1520 tourism was adequate to end the game when I DOWed a hateful Alex to enter his waters.

At the end (T265) I had about 1000 rpt (5 cites, worker's facilities, and two observatories.(FoY counts as a mountain for observatory!) Was getting almost 500 cpt and 174 Tpt.

Please forgive the dunce who's bad with computers... how do I play the starting map? I want to get in on some of these challenges but I don't know what to do with the file :cry:

Save it to your Civ V Saves/Single folder in My Documents/My Games/Civ V (that's the usual Windows location).

After a domination jog in ICL1, I need to practice and improve my science game. I thought this game would provide a great opportunity to do that!

Spoiler :
Turn 292 Science victory, not great but I (re)learned a few skills along the way. I never got my population growing well enough and my nearest neighbour slowed down initial development until he was brought to heel. I went Freedom but didn't have the cash flow to fully utilize the SS buying trait.

222 seems to be my magic number... Domination once more.

Spoiler :

Two evil AI-civs (Zulus & Persia) and lots of barbarians on the starting continent... Went 3 city liberty-start and wiped them out with composite bows and crossbows before entering the sea.

The AI-civ I first met (Washington) on the other continent seemed very strong so I traveled around the whole continent to attack from the other side and took his capital last.

Full liberty, full honor and full commerce before entering autocracy.

Spoiler :

Won the world fair as well....

Spoiler :

Great and easy game. Poland is very powerful with the extra policies and the starting location was very good! :king:

I know I'm late on this one but I figured this would be a good game after a year hiatus of CiV. Was a pretty fun game to get back into it! :)

Spoiler :
I wasn't able to get any worker steals but I got a couple from barbarian camps. Settled my first city on the Copper next to Cerro. Built up a couple of Archers and got allied with a couple city-states because of all of the barbarian quests. Was able to get 3 city+NC at turn 83 and a 4th city shortly after.

I bribed Shaka to go to war with Persia/Arabia whenever he looked like he was going to attack me. He ended up killing both of them but by then I was so ahead in tech he wasn't really a threat. I was able to wonderspam because of the crazy amount of production in Warsaw. I got bored around turn 230 and went to war with Shaka and his dozens of Impi but they really didn't do that well against my Machine Guns. I took 1 city and he surrendered another to me. By the end of the game I had full Tradition+Patronage+Rationalism and 9 into Order. I'm not sure if I should have went Freedom or Order. I was allied with every City State on the continent but a Diplomatic victory was tough because of Alex.

Won turn 281 SV, not bad for a first game back I guess.

Oh well, ended with a T329 Domination assisted CV after a restart and a comp bow rush on Shaka. Ended up removing everyone from my continent, since everyone hated me for removing Shaka. Arabia had every cultural wonder, so killing him worked out fine.

Top Bottom