1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Iroquois

Discussion in 'Leader Balance' started by Edaka, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

I disagree, Iroquois forest camp is not any stronger than regular camp if you factor in the Herbalist's 1:c5food::c5production: per 2 worked forests thing. It's effectively +1:c5food::c5production: vs 1:c5production: (camp bonus) + 1/2:c5production::c5food:, so they're sidegrades (unless you have an uneven amount of forest/jungle tiles worked - but then I'd also rather have 1 Prod vs 1 Food when it's even). Iroquois Plantations are a different beast, though, they're certainly stronger than non-Iroquois pants.

2. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Herbalist only gives 1 food per 2 worked tiles not hammers so Iroquois camps will be better. I think it should be ok though.
    The thing with that is that it means forest tiles with resources don't get buffed, which I think is a nerf to Iroquois because being able to get super tiles without worker investments is a significant plus of the longhouse, and resources should help that, not hinder it.

I do realize that the Iroquois is very terrain dependent but that was already how the Iroquois were before these proposed changes, and reintroducing a base building bonus isn't a bad thing imo.

3. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

That's not really what I meant. When you play Iroquois, some starts are stronger than others. The best start you can get is a forest start with camp luxuries around it. This will make those starts even stronger.

If the issue we were trying to solve was terrain dependancy, this might not really solve that. If the issue wasn't terrain dependancy, why are we doing it?