The Last Rising Tide Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furthermore, I still think that a potential mexico-Caribbean sponsor still has many possibilities to be the fourth sponsor.

Things change, but this is how they felt about Mexico:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMe7-1ywRTU&t=27m39s

Though, this is what they had to say about South America (even though it wasn't much):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMe7-1ywRTU&t=27m32s
(Though, technically, the Caribbean is part of North America, I believe.)

And... this is what they had to say about Japan/Korea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMe7-1ywRTU&t=25m25s

"Interesting beast... extremely wealthy and advanced"
"Badly hit by climate change" (Sounds convenient for a water faction candidate.)
In the middle of the trouble / afraid of the PAC / isolated (A desperate, hardened faction to fit the initial theme of Rising Tide's new factions)

Plus, during one of the recent livestreams, there was supposedly that little slip of "Pacific -- " before Will corrected himself and said "Pan Asian Cooperative". :D

I'd be very surprised if the 4th faction doesn't include Japan, especially in an expansion that is heavily water-themed.

And especially in an expansion somewhat meant to "save" the franchise. Instead of holding back some of your popular, heavy-hitters for a later expansion to make it more alluring, I now think it would be best to go all out.

It makes sense to target bigger audiences when trying to save the franchise.. I think they had this in mind when choosing INTEGR instead of non-european factions. Japan would follow a similar thinking

My bets are on Japan too. Japan's the last potential major power not included as a sponsor. Anyone other than them would just be scraping the bottom of the barrel, like if they made the Zulus a civ in Civ5... wait, they did that.

Plus, during one of the recent livestreams, there was supposedly that little slip of "Pacific -- " before Will corrected himself and said "Pan Asian Cooperative". :D

I'd be very surprised if the 4th faction doesn't include Japan, especially in an expansion that is heavily water-themed.

And especially in an expansion somewhat meant to "save" the franchise. Instead of holding back some of your popular, heavy-hitters for a later expansion to make it more alluring, I now think it would be best to go all out.

Maybe it will be the trans pacific federacy with both Mexico and Japan part of it... :crazyeye:

My bets are on Japan too. Japan's the last potential major power not included as a sponsor. Anyone other than them would just be scraping the bottom of the barrel, like if they made the Zulus a civ in Civ5... wait, they did that.
the Zulus have been in Civ since Civ II, and it doesn't have to be Japan Many have said already Japan or the Caribbean are probably the strongest possibilities.

Maybe it will be the trans pacific federacy with both Mexico and Japan part of it... :crazyeye:

possibly, does ARC control the American West? ie, California Oregon Washington

I question the cultural identity and thematic strength of such a union. Polystralia is a "Pan-Pacific" federation (though I have feeling they're more based out of the Indo-Pacific). The reason they make sense is because they share a "Common Bond" (thats the name of Hutama's new Character Trait). The peoples of the pacific islands share anthropological and cultural history.

I don't see Japan or Mexico being part of a Pacific group. You could get stronger themes by making them part of organizations with stronger ties to their respective culture groups. (And I promise that is not my Pacific bias talking.)

does ARC control the American West? ie, California Oregon Washington

The American government still exists, but it doesn't have much power. ARC seems to have taken on a lot of responsibilities. I think it would be more than safe to say that ARC has operations on the West Coast.

While would like much more the caribean Pirate faction (ar!), after seeing the full FiraxiCon video, I have to admit the bets are on Japan-Corea: There are four specific areas in the map they insist are OK to be white should be white.

-Middle East (Al-Falah) + maybe northern Africa (if not FI)
-UK and Scandinavia (NSA)
-Germany (Even if they say FI is most of the current EU, they are very careful to identify Germany is out).
-And Korea-Japan :undecide:

Indeed, they point out as well PAU does not cover full Africa, and OSAS/Brasilia does not extend to the full of South America, but these comments are very vague with regards to the ones made for the four work areas above... in line with the point they make ARC =!= USA, (but USA is powerless against ARC).

And the full history brings the excuse for Japan+Korea, that is the same than for India+Pakistan: ¡China is far worse that these neighbours I hate!

Additionally, for leader balance, we need a Male Asian, not a Male American... this way parity is kept per major continent: America (1+1, Suzanne, Reginaldo), Africa-Middle East (1+1, Arshia, Barre); Europe-Russia (2+2; Elodie-Lena; Hughes-Kozlov), and East-South Asia (Khavita-Sochua, Hutama + The new Japanese). --> Seems that all points to a Rising Sun contender

We are all wrong, the 4th sponsor will be a Corporation.
Apple & Microsoft

Everyone knows only Apple will exist 200 years from now.

Microsoft is already circling the drain as we speak.

What do you think was the inspiration for Purity-Supremacy?

All that white with soft curves...

The Vatican huh? Somebody (and by somebody I mean JFD and Janboruta) made the Holy See mod.

Well the new papacy is mentioned somewhere in the lore.

Supposedly the most of Italy is part of Franco-Iberia, the areas that do not form part is the Vatican and may be that northeastern Italy form a part of INTEGR, the rest is probably Franco-Iberian.

Furthermore, I still think that a potential mexico-Caribbean sponsor still has many possibilities to be the fourth sponsor.

If I recall correctly FI only has northern Italy and the area around Rome.

I think they also have a bit of northern Africa in their civilopedia.

Exactly, which means the fourth sponsor will have to be Southern Italy and the rest of the Mediterranean.

Hedging my bets now, definitely a Southern Italian sponsor up next.

And here's hoping they add Switzerland and the Netherlands in the next expansion.

Along with Luxembourg and the Vatican.

All Europe, all the time.

Exactly, which means the fourth sponsor will have to be Southern Italy and the rest of the Mediterranean.

Hedging my bets now, definitely a Southern Italian sponsor up next.

And here's hoping they add Switzerland and the Netherlands in the next expansion.

Along with Luxembourg and the Vatican.

All Europe, all the time.

lol, wait... what are we betting Arrakis? because I'll take that bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom