The Last Rising Tide Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking Japan (another water nation), and a nemesis to the PAC, much Like Intrgr is to Franco-Iberia

I am thinking Japan (another water nation), and a nemesis to the PAC, much Like Intrgr is to Franco-Iberia

That would make sense. For me, the reason question is what their sponsor bonus will be. We know it will have to relate to water cities. NSA gets stronger water cities. So, I am thinking the last sponsor will get a bonus to moving cities faster.

That would make sense. For me, the reason question is what their sponsor bonus will be. We know it will have to relate to water cities. NSA gets stronger water cities. So, I am thinking the last sponsor will get a bonus to moving cities faster.

Japan is pretty big on efficiency...
Maybe maintenance bonus? Purchase bonus?

Maybe energy related bonus...

NSA already has faster cities in addition to stronger cities.

NSA already has faster cities in addition to stronger cities.

oops. So I really wonder now what water specific bonus the last sponsor will have. Maybe a bonus to naval units? Or is it possible that the last sponsor will land on water but have a bonus that is more generic, that is not water specific?

My take on a artifact and naval trait: All water cities start with an explorer, embarked explorers have +1 sight, and artifacts give 50% more yield.

Maybe not super connected to Japan but could work. But maybe it will be something more unexpected, anyone have a outlandish concept for a naval civ?

But maybe it will be something more unexpected, anyone have a outlandish concept for a naval civ?

This might be too outlandish but what if their water cities had the invisible trait? The entire water civ could be hidden from others! Perhaps a civ that learned to live in deep underwater cities and became very isolationist? The invisible trait would reflect the fact that the water cities are deep underwater and therefore hard to spot and also the fact that the civ is very isolationist. Maybe the leader is like Jules Vernes' Captain Nemo, someone who is mad at the nations on land and wants to stay hidden.

Both Japan and Caribbean could have military bonuses for navies. A second warmonger sponsor would be interesting to break the tendency of peaceful games based on the benefits of agreements.

That would be intensely silly, and frustrating if one was ever at war with them.

Both Japan and Caribbean could have military bonuses for navies. A second warmonger sponsor would be interesting to break the tendency of peaceful games based on the benefits of agreements.

Yeah, I like that. Having a water based warmonger civ would make sense.

"outlandish"...lovely unintended pun for this unidentified sea sponsor. :p

If we are to have another warmonger sponsor, we should also look at how they've changed Brasilia concerning the war score. There's the concern that a warmonger sponsor would be left high and dry with pretty much no access to agreements as they go about attacking and if they stop, their momentum will fade as their warmonger UA would be useless until they resume fighting.

The way I see it, Firaxis is ensuring that you're either playing peacefully or you're warring and if you war and then try to make peace, you should fail at getting further benefits from peace. This is fine by me, as mostly a peaceful civ player. But for warring players, they'd expect some balance of sorts. As to how that's achieved, I don't know.

My take on a artifact and naval trait: All water cities start with an explorer, embarked explorers have +1 sight, and artifacts give 50% more yield.

Maybe not super connected to Japan but could work. But maybe it will be something more unexpected, anyone have a outlandish concept for a naval civ?

This has been mentioned earlier in the thread. I figured I would bring it up again. The last sponsor could be based on the Great Pacific garbage patch. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_garbage_patch for more details.

But what trait should a Garbage patch civ have?

Submeged Cities as SupremacyKing2 sugested is pretty outlandish, but would be hard to implement cause you would need to have submurged improvments as well (probably).

Maybe a naval sponsor could have a trait that lets them work tiles further away than three tiles, that could be useful when you move your city around.

But what trait should a Garbage patch civ have?.

Since they are used to recycling other people's junk, they get bonuses to production for "forward settling" directly next to other civ's cities and crowding them. They would be the ultimate trolling opponent if you want to expand.

This has been mentioned earlier in the thread. I figured I would bring it up again. The last sponsor could be based on the Great Pacific garbage patch. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_garbage_patch for more details.

I mentioned it to Kevin on Twitter and he said I should mod that sponsor and indicated the last civ wasn't similar to it.

Also, I asked him if the last sponsor would be revealed at Firaxicon and he said they have other plans. So it must be revealed this week then, I guess.

Since they are used to recycling other people's junk, they get bonuses to production for "forward settling" directly next to other civ's cities and crowding them. They would be the ultimate trolling opponent if you want to expand.

When I initially suggested it, I decided they were scroungers and made the best use of discarded materials. All artifacts act as if they are Pristine condition for them.

A Japan water Civ trait could be water cities are able to acquire tiles through culture growth.

Also, I asked him if the last sponsor would be revealed at Firaxicon and he said they have other plans. So it must be revealed this week then, I guess.
Or next week before Firaxicon. I was pretty sure it was going to be last week, as they like to play the newly announced civs in a few livestreams. And that would have given them 3 before launch. But alas they didn't.

My money is on this week as well, but I won't be surprised if it's not.

It better be a Japanese cyborg woman or something.

I can't imagine the announcement living up to the hype they're trying to drum up by waiting until the very last minute.

A genetically modified toucan would also work if we're talking about something from the Caribbean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom