1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Modding Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Leoreth, Apr 2, 2011.

1. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

Where would I find this Python console?

2. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

It depends, on your keyboard layout. I have a Swedish keyboard, so I probably can't help you.

Did you notice my edit, above?
    Spoiler :
    edit: In \Assets\Python\StoredData.py you change this line:
    Code:
                                        'bCongressEnabled': False,
    into:
    Code:
                                        'bCongressEnabled': True,

3. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

4. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I have a pretty strange problem: When i start a game, i'm in peace with the Barbarians... Where are the values that control that?

EDIT: fyi, it's from the start and not just after some turns.

5. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

For what we need defined buildings and units in Consts.py and CvRhyes.h? AFAIK changing just NUM_BUILDINGS_PLAGUE, etc. is enough. Am I wrong?

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

You don't need all of those, yes. But the wonders are used for certain UHVs for example, as well as some buildings. The DLL code needs them as well, to make sure certain wonders don't get built during a the autoplay of a civ that needs them for its goals (and for the AI as well, to make it focus on historical wonders).

It's quite tedious to keep them up to date whenever you add/remove a building, but that's in part because Rhye did it in the most complicated way possible. Take a look at how SoI or the latest revision of DoC do it if you want to simplify it.

7. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

I guess with my skill simplifying it will be harder than sticking to it but I'll check (SYNTHESIS has it as well? Because since the DoC subforum it is the only mod I'm keeping eye on)

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Don't know if Linkman did already adapt it. It's relatively easy in principle anyway.

9. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

No I haven't. School :rolleyes:

10. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

I've just downloaded DoC 1.73 and I don't see any difference...

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Sorry, should've been clearer on that, it's in the SVN only.

12. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

Sorry to bother with the same topic again, but i still have the problem that barbs doesn't start with war with everyone. I made it that via python in every turn they declare war, but that can't be the end of the journey.

13. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Do anyone have any idea why religions can be messed up? I'm making a new version of my modmod and I see that nearly every religion is born in Egypt or Greece. OK, they got more power recently but that doesn't explain why India doesn't go for priesthood.

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Unfortunately I don't know how the autowar is usually enforced, but I can take a look into the files, maybe I discover something useful.

The AI tech preference is controlled by the tech IDs which are hardcoded into the DLL, if you added a tech or changed something to the defines there, they get interpreted the wrong way and everything is messed up.

(If you're still using the intermediate version of my DoC DLL you have to add TECH_MYSTICISM at the beginning of the MyTechs enum).

15. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Thanks! It reminds me one of TV series that is being watched by my niece "Something live of Cody and Someone" where one of the brothers has great grades and the second steals a homework from him... which is protected by adding some insane sentences XD

16. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

I've set enabled to create a dump file on a ctd. Where does it land and is there some way to indicate the cause from the ctd out of it?

17. Tlönitte

Tlönitte Chieftain

Is there anywhere to find a stand-alone download of the Reformation mod for RFC 1.187?
    I have not heard if Panopticon updated it, but I see it in lots of Modmods.

18. Kubko

Kubko Chieftain

Hey, can someone tell me the method to print out something on the game text area? Like that text that shows up when religion spreads(Religion X has spread to city x)
    Also, any way of telling if civ is dead? Like gc.getPlayer(iRome).isAlive() or something?

19. civ-addicted

civ-addicted Chieftain

That's what the Python class reference says:
    Or you copy-paste what's already in the code, like this:
    Code:
    CyInterface().addMessage(iHuman, False, con.iDuration/2, CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_CULTURE_SPREAD", ()), "", 0, "", ColorTypes(con.iGreen), -1, -1, True, True)
    and replace the TXT_KEY and color with what you like.

gc.getPlayer(iRome).isAlive() is exactly what you need. It can be even used for the time before the spawn.

20. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Is it possible to change one UHV goal to YES during game (for example by Python console)?