The Motherland Calls

Moai_Spammer

Ave, True to Caesar!
Moai_Spammer proudly presents
The Motherland Calls
The Rebirth of one of my greatest tales, From Tsars to Stars:The Tale of Russia

The aging Tsar Griggory lay on his deathbed. It had been only two years since his conquest of Poland, and the Glorious Motherland stretched from Warsaw to the Pacific, as large in length as the great Mongol Empire of old. Yet he knew it was all for not. He had no sons, and the Boyars had already been hungering for power during the fall of Warsaw. No, Russia would die with him. His life may have been over, but Russia had just reached it's prime, it could not die. It was not it's time. As his eyes began to close, and he felt his breathe begin to fail, he cried out with all his remaining strength, to him it was a shout, yet to his aides it was only a mere whisper. "Oh, god almighty! Do not let Russia die! Let it be reborn again from this worn soul of mine!"

The last thing the dying Tsar saw was an image in his mind, of a large group of Slavic Peoples founding a small, humble city, in a place he seemed to recall but could not place. At last, with his dying breath, he recognized the location. It was Moscow. It was the motherland. and the Motherland was calling.

Spoiler :

=====

working on the first update for this now btw.

Decided to finally put into action this idea I've been toying around with, most of my decision came from writer's block I'm having with my Massalia story (which will have an update later tonight or tomorrow fyi). so yeah. Enjoy

An old man stood in the center of the small town of Moscow. His name known by all of the Rus'. He was Griggory, one of the great Slavic gods come to earth, to teach his people who to rule over their realm, and to compete with the states of Europe. Now, he listened to a man in the Town square, proselytizing the Byzantine faith. He told the pagan Slavs about a singular god, who judged heathens and sent them to a lake of fire. However, the priest said, those who worshiped him gained eternal life. Many men were seduced by his words, and brawls began to break out over if the byzantine was right or not. This continued for a time, until Griggory decided that enough was enough. With a single wave of his hand the fighting ended, and all stood silently listening.

"You speak well, Byzantine. Well enough for a feminine Greek. Yes, your ideas are controversial, but powerful. How about this. I will send an ambassador to your capital. I will also send delegates to the Arabs, and the Jews. and we will see which of these is worthy of our people."

Like that, it was settled. For a year the city of Moscow waited, until at last the delegates returned. Their report was simple. They could not convert to Islam, as the prohibition on Pork and Beer would not befit men such as the Rus'. Conversion to Judaism was also out of the question, as how could a strong god allow his people to be so dispersed and conquered so many times? However, upon visited Constantinople and seeing Christianity first hand, the delegate said "We no longer knew whether we were in heaven or on earth."

The path was simple. Only the Byzantine faith could befit the sons of Rurik, and the followers of Griggory. Indeed the Christian God would make Moscow strong, allowing them to rule over the other Slavic states in the region through their might.
Spoiler :

All true Slavs and men from the 4 great cities gathered around the funeral pyre. There lay Griggory, Unifier of the Russians and champion of the Christian God. Silence covered the land like a fog, and filled the hearts of men like a disease. The only sound was the crackling fire, burning their savior. With the death of Griggory, however, came the birth of a nation. Russia had been created, and nothing could stop it now. Only one question still remained, had Griggory created a future monster, or a future utopia?
Spoiler :

May this story not kill your computer! :p

Northern Russia is almost sub-artic!

Top Bottom