The Naming Thread!

Yeah, just a funny note: I think we still need the actual name for city #3- we've all been referring to it as simply "Serpente" but I don't think this is complete enough on it's own. (Or is it?) Also we can probably start considering our city #4 names now too, don't have any ideas myself yet.

Yeah, just a funny note: I think we still need the actual name for city #3- we've all been referring to it as simply "Serpente" but I don't think this is complete enough on it's own. (Or is it?) Also we can probably start considering our city #4 names now too, don't have any ideas myself yet.

Well if it is our future capital why isn't it complete enough? But yes i agree that we need another name for city #4...

Not always great with names but here is a couple...
"Planícies de Vida" (East of Serpente)
"Vale dos deuses" (NW of Sombra)

Two things I'd like to bring up - first, going off of a suggestion I made in another thread (I forget where, it's not crucial) I think we need to make some sort of Cavaleiros greeting/toast phrase - or perhaps if rolo or something else just knows a neat traditional greeting we could use that. Again, I'm thinking this should be something internal, just for our teammates - so we don't write this in letters to other teams but just in our posts here or something.

Second, some of the other teams are making kind of documentaries/videos of their "story" in the game. We don't necessarily have to do anything elaborate, however I think it would be interesting to write up some of our people's discussion/progress in the style of an epic/legend. Stuff about the founding of our cities, religion, things like that- "The early colonists of Rio Serpente trudged bravely in the wild in the face of murderous beasts. Under the guidance of the great Sage Renata etc... etc..." Course this is just for fun, we don't have to even present anything to other teams and all if we don't want too (in fact we obviously aren't going to reveal strategic things yet right now).

Oh and btw Serpente has grown on me - I think it is good as it stands.

As need a name for the new city, how about anaconda meeting(in honor of the meeting with mad scientists and their card together with the serpent theme)?

I vote for the name of my favorite rolling stones compilation, Piedras calientes, but the Portuguese version thereof.

I'll name one worker after me and one after methos, I am sure we'll get enough workers for everyone at some point.

You already have a worker named after you. :p

That is because i did that, i changed the guy without name to oyzar and The New Guy to Methos.

No, I mean from long ago, but no one ever got it. Ilha Pedra = Island rock = Øy stein. :p

ok so feel free to change the worker named oyzar to something else then...

I really prefer something in Portuguese, to be consistent. I would suggest Vinheda Oriental, meaning Eastern Vineyard. Or just Vinheda, or Vinheda qualified with something else.

Sounds fine to me

I unilaterally went ahead and renamed our latest worker to Rei Morgan. I also changed the name of the exploring warrior near MS to Emissário Louco. :D

Top Bottom