The new patch seems to have arrived

OK I hope I'm missing something, how do you annex a city after puppeting it? The option appears to be gone after the patch.

On the world view it says "click to annex city" except clicking it allows you to view the city. Where the annex city button used to be I have the option to buy tiles but it is not operational????

OK I hope I'm missing something, how do you annex a city after puppeting it? The option appears to be gone after the patch.

On the world view it says "click to annex city" except clicking it allows you to view the city. Where the annex city button used to be I have the option to buy tiles but it is not operational????

Can you please post it in Bug Reports, and include a savegame?

Hmm the patch says that it has fixed the scrolling problem with dual monitors, but still works the same for me =/

Other than that, it is great.

The graphics engine (although only delivering mediocre graphics, to stay polite) already squeezes the last bit out of many rigs here.

This is so true. It must be one of the most unoptimized engines out there.

Still on my first post-patch game but couple of notes:

- new scoreboard should really show only civs you've met
- all the new infos visible are good but much more is needed
- why wasn't beaker overflow patched in? :mad:

I've noticed one undocumented change this far:

- combat bonus vs barbarians is reduced from 33% to 20% (it was 33% before, right?)

- combat bonus vs barbarians is reduced from 33% to 20% (it was 33% before, right?)

This is just a guess, but that is most likely due to changing the difficulty level. Were those two games played at the same difficulty?

This is just a guess, but that is most likely due to changing the difficulty level. Were those two games played at the same difficulty?

As far as I remember (which may not be very far :lol: ) I've had that 33% on every difficulty from prince to immortal. Post-patch game is emperor (though my starting position was insanely good so I may just re-roll again and go back to immortal).

It seems the performance is almost the same, it might because of mods not sure, but turn 350, large map 10 civs and 7 civ states, 30 sec a turn YAY....

Does their QA even played this game over turn 200...

Sorry if I ask in a wrong area.

What if I don't have internet connection if I want to update the latest patch? Coz it seems we can only update through Steam.

Sorry if I ask in a wrong area.

What if I don't have internet connection if I want to update the latest patch? Coz it seems we can only update through Steam.

I think it's possible to get the patch without having an internet connection but it's tricky. There are two ways I can think of that might work.

1) If you have civ5 installed on a computer that does have an internet connection (note that steam allows you to install the one copy of the game on as many computers as you want), you could download the patch there, create a steam backup of the game and then restore that backup on the machine that isn't connected to the net.
2) If you don't have a computer connected to the net that has civ5 installed, if you know someone who does, you could get them to create the steam backup, and then use that backup on your own machine.

I can't guarantee that either of the above will work, as I've never had a need to do either.

Yeah, but according to Piece of Mind Shift+Enter no longer works after the patch?
I have not had the issue post patch, (I make all deals on my turns), so have not had to try shift+enter post patch ... but if that is true, then "nothing like making progress" :rolleyes:

Nothing like it around here ...

dV

I have not had the issue post patch, (I make all deals on my turns), so have not had to try shift+enter post patch ... but if that is true, then "nothing like making progress" :rolleyes:

Nothing like it around here ...

dV
Ah, I've checked his post again and Shift+Enter does work, but you need to move all your units. Sorry for misleading.

Yeah, but according to Piece of Mind Shift+Enter no longer works after the patch?

I think it only applies if not all units have been moved. Not sure if this was a restriction before the patch as well. I thought it wasn't, but apart from unit orders, shift+enter still works.

Hmm the patch says that it has fixed the scrolling problem with dual monitors, but still works the same for me =/

Other than that, it is great.

The patch notes were not the most informative about this as the fix for the scrolling problem has been implemented as an option in the "Options" menu. There is new option called "Bind mouse" (IIRC) and by default it is not used. I set it to "Fullscreen" and it works with my dual monitor setup. :goodjob:

Patch FUBAR'd my game.

Can't play anymore. Please help!

When I launch a game, it just immediately goes to "RUNTIME ERROR" and then exits.

I think it's possible to get the patch without having an internet connection but it's tricky. There are two ways I can think of that might work.

1) If you have civ5 installed on a computer that does have an internet connection (note that steam allows you to install the one copy of the game on as many computers as you want), you could download the patch there, create a steam backup of the game and then restore that backup on the machine that isn't connected to the net.
2) If you don't have a computer connected to the net that has civ5 installed, if you know someone who does, you could get them to create the steam backup, and then use that backup on your own machine.

I can't guarantee that either of the above will work, as I've never had a need to do either.

You don't even have to do a steam backup. You can just copy the whole civ folder and paste it into any other steam folder. I basically never redownload steam games on OS re installs. I simply just re open steam and it goes through its steam service install and voila! All your games are still there.

To make it short: drag and drop game folders will work just fine.

As far as I remember (which may not be very far :lol: ) I've had that 33% on every difficulty from prince to immortal. Post-patch game is emperor (though my starting position was insanely good so I may just re-roll again and go back to immortal).

Barb bonuses have definitely changed in 1.0.0.62, along with quite a few other undocumented tweaks:

Satellites reveals map
Leader name correct when choosing random leader
Prince AI unit cost reduced from 100% to 85%
King Barb bonus reduced from 33% to 25%
King AI unit cost reduced from 85% to 80%
Emperor Barb bonus reduced from 33% to 20%
Emperor AI unit cost reduced from 80% to 75%
Immortal Barb bonus reduced from 33% to 10%
Deity Barb bonus reduced from 33% to 0%
Cultural civs tweaked to be much more likely to build the utopia project
Ghandi tweaked to favour growth and diplomacy more
Ramesses tweaked to favour wonders more

Plus many changes to unit and tech flavour weightings, which presumably makes the individual AIs more or less likely to build\research specific items.

cheers
ak

Top Bottom